Benjamin Davis | 13 Feb 16:48 2010

nano sources list error question

  1. ## syntax highlighting for /etc/apt/sources.list
  2.  
  3. syntax "apt/sources.list" "sources\.list(\.old|~)?$"
  4. # component
  5. color brightmagenta "^deb(-src)? ((http|file|ftp):/[^ ]+|cdrom:\[[^\]]+\]/|cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/) [^ ]+ .+$"
  6. # distribution
  7. color brightred "^deb(-src)? ((http|file|ftp):/[^ ]+|cdrom:\[[^\]]+\]/|cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/) [^ ]+"
  8. # URI
  9. color brightgreen "(http|file|ftp):/[^ ]+"
  10. # cdroms
  11. # [^\]] does not work…
  12. color brightgreen "cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/"
  13. # deb / deb-src
  14. color cyan "^deb"
  15. color brightblue "^deb-src"
  16. # comments
  17. color brightyellow "#.*"



Error in /usr/share/nano/sources_list.nanorc on line 6: Bad regex "^deb(-src)? ((http|file|ftp):/[^ ]+|cdrom:\[[^\]]+\]/|cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/) [^ ]+ .+$": Invalid range end

Error in /usr/share/nano/sources_list.nanorc on line 8: Bad regex "^deb(-src)? ((http|file|ftp):/[^ ]+|cdrom:\[[^\]]+\]/|cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/) [^ ]+": Invalid range end

Error in /usr/share/nano/sources_list.nanorc on line 13: Bad regex "cdrom:\[[a-zA-Z0-9\._-\(\) ]+\]/": Invalid range end

Press Enter to continue starting nano.

Anyone have some direction or input on this? Why is this error occurring? This is and apt sources.list file.

Things I remember:
"..this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul." -1 Peter 2:11
_______________________________________________
Help-nano mailing list
Help-nano <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-nano
jonathan stone | 14 Feb 01:35 2010

utf-8 issues

Hello,
 
I seem to be having issues with nano 2.2.3 and the utf-8 extended char set.
 
Here is the version, and compile options:
 
 
 
[root <at> localhost nano-2.2.3]# nano -V
 GNU nano version 2.2.3 (compiled 07:40:34, Feb 13 2010)
 (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,
 2008, 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 Email: nano <at> nano-editor.org    Web: http://www.nano-editor.org/
 Compiled options: --enable-color --enable-extra --enable-multibuffer --enable-nanorc --enable-utf8
 
entering a file with nano, that should produce a copyright symbol will show it as the following:
 
 
 copyright �
 
is there any way to fix this?
vi and other editors show the symbol, but some users are nano abusers :p
 
Thanks,
Jon
 
 
 
 
 

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.
_______________________________________________
Help-nano mailing list
Help-nano <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-nano
Jordi Mallach | 15 Feb 02:49 2010
Picon

Re: utf-8 issues

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 07:35:50PM -0500, jonathan stone wrote:
> I seem to be having issues with nano 2.2.3 and the utf-8 extended char set.
> entering a file with nano, that should produce a copyright symbol will show it as the following:
> 
>  copyright �
> 
> is there any way to fix this?
> 
> vi and other editors show the symbol, but some users are nano abusers :p

What locale are you using?

--

-- 
Jordi Mallach Pérez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
jordi <at> sindominio.net     jordi <at> debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/
Alf Recon | 22 Feb 09:20 2010

Polish letters

Ladies and genltemen,

we are using Nano 8 to produce a Polish website. Unfortunately we have major problems with the Polish letters as soon a we upload the site to Firefox or Explorer. The Polish signs are mutilated. Can you give us a hint please? Thank you very much, Thomas from Poland

Here a sample:

Jesteœmy w ka¿dej chwili do dyspozycji w celu zapewnienia
sprawnej dostawy oraz pomocy technicznej. D³ugotrwa³a praktyka
w bran¿y HiFi, RTV na rynku amerykañskim nauczy³a nas
znaczenia ceny i priorytetów w obs³udze klienta.
Motto "Jakoœæ dla Twoich zmys³ów" stanowi dla nas
najwa¿niejsz¹ zasadê.


_______________________________________________
Help-nano mailing list
Help-nano <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-nano
Eric Oliver | 24 Feb 17:21 2010

Problems compiling nano 2.2.3 in Cygwin

Hello,

                I’m attempting to compile and run nano under cygwin.  You may ask, why not ask the folks over at cygwin’s support.  Well I don’t expect anyone to fix this problem for me but I’m looking for more information on what is troubling the compilation so I can take this information to cygwin’s support.  I’ve been taking notes on the errors and other things of interest.  I would like some help filling in the gaps.  From what I understand this happens in a function that deals with the resizing of windows down two variables that won’t seem to take assignments.

 

 

ERROR

-----

nano.c In fucntion 'handle_sigwinch':

 

nano.c:1267: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

nano.c:1268: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

make[1]: *** [nano.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/nano-2.2.3/src'

make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

offending lines are:

 

COLS = win.ws_col;

LINES = win.ws_row;

 

Why does it appear that win.ws_col and win.ws_row appear only in

 one place and NOWHERE else?

 

The comments say that the variables COLS and LINES "are curses global

variables, and in some cases curses has already updated them. But not in

all cases. Argh." What does this mean for me to port this to cygwin?

 

What is an lvalue?

------------------

An lvalue is an expression to which a value can be assigned. The lvalue

expression is located on the left side of an assignment statement,

whereas an rvalue is located on the right side of an assignment

statement. Each assignment statement must have an lvalue and an rvalue.

the lvalue expression must reference a storable variable in memory. It

cannot be constant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So does this imply that COLS and LINES are not seen as storable

variables in memory?  How do I go about making them so... Why is this

even happening? I've verified that I do have slcurses.h ncurses.h and curses.h

all are in /usr/include/ folder.

 

 

Thank you very much!

_______________________________________________
Help-nano mailing list
Help-nano <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-nano
Chris Allegretta | 24 Feb 17:32 2010

Re: Problems compiling nano 2.2.3 in Cygwin

Hi Eric,

You seem a little on the defensive, you are welcome to ask for help
with compiling nano on nano's help mailing list :-)

It looks like someone else ran into this exact same problem and filed
Savannah bug 28984 (we track our bugs over at Savannah).  As the
submitted points out, LINES and COLS may be macros, but I believe we
were seeing issues where they were not being updated when the SIGWINCH
signal (which is sent when the terminal window is resized) was being
received.  It's not immediately clear to me if this mean that nano
will be unable to be resized under cygwin if these lines are disabled;
only one way to find out.

There are a couple workaround; the easy fix is to add an #ifdef for
some macro that the cygwin compiler sets (__CYGWIN__ or CYGWIN come to
mind). Alternatively I can add a check to the configure.ac script to
check whether LINES and COLS are indeed not lvalues in the
implementation and find another way around the issue if so.  If you
just need to get nano compiled ASAP you can just comment out those two
lines and deal with remaining issues.  Otherwise I'll have a look at
this issue when I have a few minutes, which should be this weekend.

Thanks much!

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Eric Oliver <eaoliver <at> ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                 I’m attempting to compile and run nano under cygwin.  You
> may ask, why not ask the folks over at cygwin’s support.  Well I don’t
> expect anyone to fix this problem for me but I’m looking for more
> information on what is troubling the compilation so I can take this
> information to cygwin’s support.  I’ve been taking notes on the errors and
> other things of interest.  I would like some help filling in the gaps.  From
> what I understand this happens in a function that deals with the resizing of
> windows down two variables that won’t seem to take assignments.
>
>
>
>
>
> ERROR
>
> -----
>
> nano.c In fucntion 'handle_sigwinch':
>
>
>
> nano.c:1267: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>
> nano.c:1268: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>
> make[1]: *** [nano.o] Error 1
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/nano-2.2.3/src'
>
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> offending lines are:
>
>
>
> COLS = win.ws_col;
>
> LINES = win.ws_row;
>
>
>
> Why does it appear that win.ws_col and win.ws_row appear only in
>
>  one place and NOWHERE else?
>
>
>
> The comments say that the variables COLS and LINES "are curses global
>
> variables, and in some cases curses has already updated them. But not in
>
> all cases. Argh." What does this mean for me to port this to cygwin?
>
>
>
> What is an lvalue?
>
> ------------------
>
> An lvalue is an expression to which a value can be assigned. The lvalue
>
> expression is located on the left side of an assignment statement,
>
> whereas an rvalue is located on the right side of an assignment
>
> statement. Each assignment statement must have an lvalue and an rvalue.
>
> the lvalue expression must reference a storable variable in memory. It
>
> cannot be constant.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> So does this imply that COLS and LINES are not seen as storable
>
> variables in memory?  How do I go about making them so... Why is this
>
> even happening? I've verified that I do have slcurses.h ncurses.h and
> curses.h
>
> all are in /usr/include/ folder.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> _______________________________________________
> Help-nano mailing list
> Help-nano <at> gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-nano
>
>

Gmane