Paul Rubin | 1 Feb 01:18 2011
Picon

Re: [WINDOWS] Python scripts fail

Gabriel Kniffin <gabekniffin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I opened the script with python via command line. Here's the
> result:
"E:\ProgramFiles\LyX16\Resources\scripts>E:\ProgramFiles\LyX16\python\
python TeXFiles.py
Indexing files of type cls
Indexing files of type sty
Indexing files of type bst
Indexing files of type bib"

> The python files do show up with the python icon in explorer. When I click
> Tools > TeX Information I get the same error indicating TexFiles.py
> failed and the window that opens to display the file list is empty
> (see attached image).Thanks,-Gabe

The output from the script is correct, and obviously the Python installation
that the LyX installer deposited on your system is working.  I noticed that LyX
is installed on your E: drive.  Is this a partition of one of your hard drives,
or is this a mapped network drive?  Perhaps more importantly, where is your LyX
user directory (Help > About LyX > Version, "user directory")?  Once upon a time
there were problems with running LyX from a Windows roaming profile (home
directory on a mapped server); I don't know if that's still an issue.

/Paul

Guenter Milde | 1 Feb 09:42 2011
Picon

Re: Can Beamer convert to HTML also?

On 2011-01-31, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,

> I'm making a Lua presentation for Linux Enthusiasts and Professionals
> of Central Florida (http://www.leap-cf.org) to be given on 2/17/2011.
> I'd like to make the presentation in Beamer because I think Beamer's
> the easiest authoring environment, especially now that I created my
> outline to beamer converter.

> But because I need to rapidly copy and paste material from the
> presentation into source files, I want the presentation to be HTML and
> not PDF. Is there an option by which Beamer can be converted to HTML?

Do you want 

a) both PDF and HTML versions or 
b) just HTML?

with a), you could try eLyXer or the native HTML export from LyX 2.0.

with b), you could still try the above. But I'd recommend a different
source format (e.g. S5). Docutils has S5 and Beamer writers.

> Also, is there a way to put source code in Beamer, kind of like lyx-code in 
> LyX?

the listings package (like in LyX).

Günter

(Continue reading)

Guenter Milde | 1 Feb 09:45 2011
Picon

Re: lyx2.0.0beta3 vs. texlive 2010

On 2011-01-31, Neal Becker wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2011, Marcelo Acuña wrote:
>> > This is fedora 14 using texlive 2010
>> > package from  Jindrich Novy
>> > <jnovy <at> redhat.com>
>> > 
>> > checking for a Latex2e program...
>> > +checking for "latex"...  yes

>> texlive 2010 work very well for me, with all 2.0 alphas and betas and 1.6.8
>> versions. I have debian lenny.

Do you run a local TeXLive? Debian comes with texlive 2009 as newest
version.

> Can you please tell me if you have:
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     6 Jan 16 11:17 /usr/bin/latex -> pdftex

Yes, this is the Debian setup. With a recent Debian/testing, it is

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 18. Okt 11:05 /usr/bin/latex -> pdftex

Günter

Maas James Dr (MED | 1 Feb 11:26 2011
Picon
Picon

referencing from bibus on linux

If this is possible, I'm sure it's been covered somewhere!  If so could someone please point me in the correct
direction?  How can I link lyx 1.6.7 on linux to a bibus database for referencing?

Thanks

Jim

===============================
Dr. Jim Maas
University of East Anglia

Neal Becker | 1 Feb 13:12 2011
Picon

Re: lyx2.0.0beta3 vs. texlive 2010

Guenter Milde wrote:

> On 2011-01-31, Neal Becker wrote:
>> On Monday 31 January 2011, Marcelo Acuña wrote:
>>> > This is fedora 14 using texlive 2010
>>> > package from  Jindrich Novy
>>> > <jnovy <at> redhat.com>
>>> > 
>>> > checking for a Latex2e program...
>>> > +checking for "latex"...  yes
> 
>>> texlive 2010 work very well for me, with all 2.0 alphas and betas and 1.6.8
>>> versions. I have debian lenny.
> 
> Do you run a local TeXLive? Debian comes with texlive 2009 as newest
> version.
> 
>> Can you please tell me if you have:
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     6 Jan 16 11:17 /usr/bin/latex -> pdftex
> 
> Yes, this is the Debian setup. With a recent Debian/testing, it is
> 
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 18. Okt 11:05 /usr/bin/latex -> pdftex
> 
> 
> Günter

My texlive was corrupt.  Cleaned out and reinstalled, now it's working.

One surprise.  Choosing to view my document opened up firefox.  Probably not 
(Continue reading)

Kwame | 1 Feb 14:21 2011
Picon

Help: email, affiliation, and job title

I'm a newbie to TEX, LaTEX, LyX, etc. I'm using the Doc Class Article and I need
help adding the following:

Job Title
Email
Affiliation

I've tried \email and \affil and neither worked probably b'cos of the Doc class
I'm using but that's the Doc Class I prefer since I'm putting together a very
simple document.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks. 

Richard Heck | 1 Feb 15:11 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Help: email, affiliation, and job title

On 02/01/2011 08:21 AM, Kwame wrote:
> I'm a newbie to TEX, LaTEX, LyX, etc. I'm using the Doc Class Article and I need
> help adding the following:
>
> Job Title
> Email
> Affiliation
>
> I've tried \email and \affil and neither worked probably b'cos of the Doc class
> I'm using but that's the Doc Class I prefer since I'm putting together a very
> simple document.
>
There are lots of different article classes, and some of them provide 
commands like these. The fact that your document is simple should not 
determine what class you use. Rather, choose the class on the basis of 
what you need it to do.

Richard

Richard Heck | 1 Feb 16:04 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: referencing from bibus on linux

On 02/01/2011 05:26 AM, Maas James Dr (MED) wrote:
> If this is possible, I'm sure it's been covered somewhere!  If so could someone please point me in the
correct direction?  How can I link lyx 1.6.7 on linux to a bibus database for referencing?
>
LyX does not care what you use to manage your references, but you need 
to export your bibus database in BibTeX format. LyX itself works only 
with BibTeX files.

Richard

James C. Sutherland | 1 Feb 16:29 2011
Picon

bug with brackets in subfloat?

I may have discovered a bug, but it may be in LaTeX itself.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a figure float
  2. create a sub-float within it.
  3. In the subfloat caption, enter (in math mode):  $[A]$, where $ indicates math mode.
  4. Compile the file.
This results in a LaTeX error that has to due with the right-bracket.  If you remove it, things compile just fine.  I have attached a very brief LyX file (2.0beta3 format) that illustrates this problem.

Is there a known work-around for this problem?

Thanks,

James
Attachment (subfloat_bug.lyx): application/octet-stream, 2739 bytes
Jose Quesada | 1 Feb 19:34 2011
Picon

lyx2lyx failing when updating svn

Hi,

Quite often I have problems with lyx2lyx failing when updating from svn and doing a make install. I've been trying to pinpoint the problem to write a better report, but to no avail. Where should lyx2lyx go normally? does it follow the --prefix? it fails even when I rename my .lyx folder and start the make install from scratch. Any ideas? Workarounds?
THanks!

--
Best,
-Jose

Jose Quesada, PhD.
Research scientist,
Max Planck Institute,
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition,
Berlin
http://www.josequesada.name/
http://twitter.com/Quesada


Gmane