[ANNOUNCE] LyX 2.1.2 Is Released
Richard Heck <rgheck <at> lyx.org>
2014-09-26 22:11:19 GMT
Public release of LyX version 2.1.2
We are proud to announce the release of LyX 2.1.2. This is the second
maintenance release in the 2.1.x series.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents and not simply their appearance. It is
released under a Free and Open Source Software license.
You can download LyX 2.1.1 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/.
LyX 2.1.2 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version
even more reliable and stable. We have fixed a number of bugs and made
a number of improvements. These are detailed below. We strongly encourage
all LyX users to upgrade to this version.
The most important fix here is that we believe we have resolved the problem
that led several users to experience seemingly random crashes with 2.1.0,
sometimes resulting in dataloss. (This was bug 9049.) These crashes
happened when the user attempted to save a file containing a table,
fairly complex table. A seemingly unrelated bug report concerning a
trying to save a default template (bug 9236) led to the solution. That
also been fixed.
Do report your bugs, then! It really does help make LyX better, often in
you might not expect.
So, if you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.1.2, open a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. If you're not sure whether it
really is a bug, you can e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel
<at> lists.lyx.org) and ask.
If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX and the LyX wiki, which lives at
http://wiki.lyx.org/. If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the LyX
users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org).
We hope you enjoy using LyX 2.1.2.
The LyX team.
* USER INTERFACE
- Detect some additional postscript and pdf viewers when they are on the
system PATH (AcroRd32, SumatraPDF, gsview and qpdfview).
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Update docs explaining how to activate reverse search in qpdfview.
- New French translations of the beamer examples.
- On Cygwin, use getent instead of grepping /etc/passwd for determining
the user's home directory when launching LyX through the gui wrapper.
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Fix crash when saving certain documents with tables (bug 9049).
- Fix crash when saving default template (bug 9236).
- Do not sort advanced listings settings, since their insertion order is
relevant (bug 5203).
- Fix import of latex documents with scaled fonts.
- Fix warning "Missing \use_indices" when converting from 1.6.x format
- Fix several conversion problems of beamer box arguments when the
arguments use multiple ERTs (part of bug 9208, bug 9225, bug 9144).
- Fix conversion of beamer overlay arguments when the module
"beamer-resenumerate" is used (part of bug 9208).
* USER INTERFACE
- Do not forget last words of paragraphs in completion possibilities.
- Select word on double click even when at boundary (bug 9159).
- Fix listings inset parameter validation when font size is selected
- Fix listings validator with regard to aboveskip and belowskip (bug 7373).
- Fix reverse search in insets (figures, tables, branches, etc.) (bug 9151).
- Fix on-screen display of images whose type is not known to LyX (bug 9146).
- Fix the -geometry command line argument for Windows.
- Improve thread-safety.
- Fix potential bug spotted by cppcheck.
- Fix problems arising when converting floating point values to the
corresponding string representation (bugs 9190 and 9193).
- Fix compatibility issue with 64-bit cygwin.