Stefan Scholl | 1 Apr 09:15 2010
Picon

XOVER broken for gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

I'd like to read gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general with my newsreader
(TIN), but there's just one article listed which can't be read.

TIN's XOVER cache had only 1 single entry:

----->
gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general
180	Impossible to send backslash followed by "r" string   to Neko from Flash - it gets converted to linebreak
character \r	Edwin van Rijkom <lists <at> screenweaver.com>	23 Sep 2006 14:10:54
GMT	<4515406E.9030902 <at> screenweaver.com>	<8873ae500609140720l5a15ce2bja74de3ce1f930b05 <at> mail.gmail.com>
<8873ae500609220129r59b22f1bl1f1b089cd228ae7c <at> mail.gmail.com>  
<4514F48F.8060906 <at> screenweaver.com>	0	10	Xref: news.gmane.org gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general:180
<-----

For fun and giggles I telnetted to the NNTP port on
news.gmane.org to access the group by hand. No problem reading
single articles (29906 high mark). But XOVER seems to be broken.

The only entry in the cache is for article #180. So I tried "XOVER
179", no article there. "XOVER 181" and no article.

But "XOVER 180" flooded me with a whole lot of entries. 

I haven't analyzed it, but it seems like the news server doesn't
find the end of the XOVER entry for article 180 and everything is
just one big blob.

--

-- 
Web (en): http://www.no-spoon.de/ -*- Web (de): http://www.frell.de/
(Continue reading)

Wolfgang Schnerring | 1 Apr 14:22 2010
Picon

Re: gmane.comp.freeradius.user

* Andrey Melnikoff <temnota+news <at> kmv.ru> [2010-03-31 18:39]:
> gmane.comp.freeradius.user not carry any messages from Jan 23. This is
> normal?

I've just resubscribed, let me know if the problem persists.

Wolfgang

--

-- 
Gmane -- Mail To News And Back Again: http://gmane.org
R Fritz | 5 Apr 02:17 2010
Picon

Re: gmane.comp.graphics.radiance.devel doesn't seem to be relaying traffic

On 2010-03-31 02:30:26 -0700, Wolfgang Schnerring said:

> * R Fritz <randolph+LD <at> panix.com> [2010-03-30 03:54]:
>> It's not a very active list, but there have been a few posts this past month,
>> and they haven't been picked up.
>> 
>> Last month's traffic may be seen at:
>> http://radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-dev/2010-March/subject.html
> 
> It seems that Gmane's subscription to the list had disappeared, I've now
> resubscribed. Let me know when the problem persists.

Great, thanks!
--

-- 
Randolph Fritz
Stefan Scholl | 6 Apr 12:54 2010
Picon

Re: XOVER broken for gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

Is there any admin who could reset the XOVER db for
gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

Stefan Scholl <stesch <at> no-spoon.de> wrote:
> I'd like to read gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general with my newsreader
> (TIN), but there's just one article listed which can't be read.
> 
> 
> TIN's XOVER cache had only 1 single entry:
> 
> ----->
> gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general
> 180     Impossible to send backslash followed by "r" string   to Neko from Flash - it gets converted to linebreak
character \r  Edwin van Rijkom <lists <at> screenweaver.com>       23 Sep 2006 14:10:54 GMT       
<4515406E.9030902 <at> screenweaver.com>    
<8873ae500609140720l5a15ce2bja74de3ce1f930b05 <at> mail.gmail.com>
<8873ae500609220129r59b22f1bl1f1b089cd228ae7c <at> mail.gmail.com>  
<4514F48F.8060906 <at> screenweaver.com>       0       10      Xref: news.gmane.org gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general:180
> <-----
> 
> 
> For fun and giggles I telnetted to the NNTP port on
> news.gmane.org to access the group by hand. No problem reading
> single articles (29906 high mark). But XOVER seems to be broken.
> 
> The only entry in the cache is for article #180. So I tried "XOVER
> 179", no article there. "XOVER 181" and no article.
> 
> But "XOVER 180" flooded me with a whole lot of entries. 
> 
(Continue reading)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen | 6 Apr 23:17 2010
Face
Picon

Re: XOVER broken for gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

Stefan Scholl <stesch <at> no-spoon.de> writes:

> Is there any admin who could reset the XOVER db for
> gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

I'm now rebuilding the NOV files.

--

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  larsi <at> gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Stefan Scholl | 7 Apr 08:54 2010
Picon

Re: XOVER broken for gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi <at> gnus.org> wrote:
> Stefan Scholl <stesch <at> no-spoon.de> writes:
>> Is there any admin who could reset the XOVER db for
>> gmane.comp.lang.haxe.general?
> 
> I'm now rebuilding the NOV files.

Thanks, it works!

--

-- 
Web (en): http://www.no-spoon.de/ -*- Web (de): http://www.frell.de/
<!--[if IE 6]><script>for(x in document.open);</script><![endif]-->
Alex Elsayed | 8 Apr 13:48 2010
Picon

Re: gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel new address

James Braid wrote:

> Hi, the ceph mailing list at gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel has
> moved to ceph-devel <at> vger.kernel.org
> 
> Could you please update the subscription?
> 
> Thanks, James

Any updates on this? I've been having to follow this list via other archives 
for over a week now, which is decidedly inconvenient.
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen | 8 Apr 15:23 2010
Face
Picon

Re: gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel new address

Alex Elsayed <eternaleye <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Any updates on this? I've been having to follow this list via other archives 
> for over a week now, which is decidedly inconvenient.

I've now resubscribed the list.

--

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  larsi <at> gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Joe(theWordy)Philbrook | 8 Apr 21:02 2010
Picon

I don't believe I've seen nearly enough people publicly thanking Lars for Gmane...


All I know is some years ago I started following several mailing lists in
my attempts to get a handle on the various Linux distros and related
software I'd tried to use. I really disliked how fast my mailbox filled up
if I didn't log in for a couple of days. Then I discovered Gmane. And that
most of my mailing lists were already carried on it... I started subscribing
the the Gmane group and suspending email delivery of one list, then two,
then I converted every list I possibly could. (Still do!) For the most part
I've been just a Joe User who's discovered a fun free toy. I remember being
vaguely thankful that Gmane existed. And using the heck out of it. Then one
day I had some time on my hands and I discovered the gmane.discuss group.

I won't say that I dive into everything that gets posted here. But I've
been lurking and at least peeking at the assorted threads that pop-up.

And I'm starting to appreciate that keeping Gmane running at all. Never
mind to keep on trying to improve it. Is a powerful lot of work.
And I just thought that every once an a while somebody should give Lars and
his team a really big thanks...

TTTTTTTTTTTT  HH      HH        AA       NN      NN  KK             SSSS
     TT       HH      HH       A  A      NNNN    NN  KK      KK    SS    SS
     TT       HH      HH      AA  AA     NN NN   NN  KK    KK     SS
     TT       HHHHHHHHHH     AAAAAAAA    NN  NN  NN  KK  KK         SSSSS
     TT       HH      HH    AA      AA   NN   NN NN  KKKK  KK            SS
     TT       HH      HH   AA        AA  NN    NNNN  KK      KK   SS    SS
     TT       HH      HH  AA          AA NN      NN  KK        KK   SSSS

Nuff said

(Continue reading)

Matthew Woehlke | 8 Apr 21:24 2010
Picon
Picon

Re: I don't believe I've seen nearly enough people publicly thanking Lars for Gmane...

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> And I'm starting to appreciate that keeping Gmane running at all. Never
> mind to keep on trying to improve it. Is a powerful lot of work.
> And I just thought that every once an a while somebody should give Lars and
> his team a really big thanks...
>
>  TTTTTTTTTTTT  HH      HH        AA       NN      NN  KK              SSSS
>       TT       HH      HH       A  A      NNNN    NN  KK      KK    SS    SS
>       TT       HH      HH      AA  AA     NN NN   NN  KK    KK     SS
>       TT       HHHHHHHHHH     AAAAAAAA    NN  NN  NN  KK  KK         SSSSS
>       TT       HH      HH    AA      AA   NN   NN NN  KKKK  KK            SS
>       TT       HH      HH   AA        AA  NN    NNNN  KK      KK   SS    SS
>       TT       HH      HH  AA          AA NN      NN  KK        KK   SSSS

+infinity to that ;-). gmane makes mailing lists bearable; if I had to 
rely on SMTP/POP3/IMAP for a communication medium that clearly is 
ideally suited to NNTP, well, I don't think I could do it.

Thanks all you gmane folk!

--

-- 
Matthew, currently subscribed to 32 gmane lists (ah, 2^5, what a nice 
round number...)

Gmane