Famous Recipes - Chai Cream Recipe
Yield: 8 half cup servings
Sweet, spicy and creamy dessert
- 5 1/3 plus 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 Vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds removed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) Envelope powdered gelatin
- 2 teaspoons Black chai tea, ground in a coffee or spice grinder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 6 Green cardamom pods
- 6 Whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Semisweet chocolate shavings (use cheese grater or vegetable peeler to shave from a solid bar)
- Combine 5 cups of cream, vanilla bean seeds and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3 cup cream in a small bowl, and add powdered gelatin: stir to mix
- When the cream-sugar mixture simmers, immediately remove from heat, and add cinnamon, cardamom pods and peppercorns
- Let mixture steep for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let steep and cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Freeze for 20 minutes, or until the mixture starts to thicken
- Divide mixture evenly among 8 (5oz) glasses or ramekins, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving, combine remaining 1/2 c. cream and powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop whipped cream onto each glass, then sprinkle with semisweet chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
http://tvrealitymom.blogspot.com/Reality TV Remix is the place where I like to share my thoughts on
most reality shows. Big Brother, Survivor example. My generation was
the 80s my high school years that is and those were the greatest times.
Leave me a comment love to hear from everyone . NO bashing or flaming
will be allowed here and lets act our age and not our shoe size. I will
ban and block anyone who can't not follow these simple rules.
TV Reality Mom
Posted by: Kimberly KAST <tvreality45mom-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>