James D. Marco | 1 Jan 14:28 2010
Picon

Re: Snowshoeing + Winter Camping

 

Ha ha, sounds like fun....
Actually, I believe the recommended practice is 2-5 smaller fires if you
have plenty of wood. Or a long trench fire, to lay down by, after spreading leaves
and pine boughs to prop you up over the snow and to prevent it from melting.
A really big fire is not as warm...you just cannot get close enough to it to
get warm. It creates quite a draft, sucking a lot of cold air in along the ground for
combustion. And it will throw a lot of heat up and away from you. You will get
hot on one side from the radiant heat, but cold on the other. Radiant heat travels
in straight lines only. A single large fire is really not the way to go when you are
cold, though I love a big bonfire with a group of people.
If you do carry over logs, set them up at an angle, over the fire to reflect
any heat back at you. They also will protect the fire from any precipitation, snow
and rain. If the logs are really big, laying over the fire at about 2' up will help
create a "heat box". Large flat stones will do this too, but watch out for popping.
The splinters can get nasty.
Anything that will hold the hot air down a bit, but not choke it off, will help
make a fire "warmer". If you have a choice(winds may dictate otherwise,) camp
on the high side of a fire.
You are absolutely correct about decay or burning. It is the same. Spread
ashes in the morning to help give back to the forest. Bury fertilizer. Thin out the
forest floor. Travel on existing paths, grinding up more fertilizer. Plant walnuts,
or apples. Occasional burns to help the forest grow...I think the forests really
*like* people.
My thoughts only . . .
jdm
At 10:33 PM 12/30/2009, you wrote:
>Try large campfires I mean the kind you can't get within 5 feet of, dead Cedar trees are great for this in VA., get a large group together so everyone has their spirits lifted. collect a lot of fallen trees and dry out everything. Remember it doesn't mater if the wood rots or burns it releases the same carbon! Plant some walnuts while you,re out I love munching and hiking.
>Paul

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
roadwoofer | 1 Jan 15:12 2010
Picon

Re: Kindle

 

Not a fan of carring a Kindle. More battery operated thingies and way too tough to ignite much less stuff into my coffee can stove. Much prefer to just pick up small sticks around where I wish to build a dinner fire.

Pago-Pago

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
Susan Thoreson | 2 Jan 01:03 2010
Picon

Solar charger for iTouch (was Re: Backpacking + Kindle)

 

I am interested in a solar charger for my itouch and have run across this new product:
http://www.novothink.com/products/

At 2.7 ounces it is the lightest weight product I have found. Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations for other types of solar charger?

Happy New Year!
Sue

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Michael <mikewhitman <at> mac.com> wrote:
 

I have both the Kindle and an iPhone but the iPhone fits the "multiple uses" profile. The iPhone/iPod solution with a solar charger is hard to beat.

Happy New Year!

Mike

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
Sheldon Miller | 2 Jan 03:55 2010
Picon

Re: Some new stuff, well new to me

 

James

I thought you already had a Hornbeck canoe? Other that DIY will this have
advantages over one of theirs?

Sheldon
----- Original Message -----
From: "James D. Marco" <jdm27 <at> cornell.edu>
To: <BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:09 PM
Subject: [BackpackingLight] Some new stuff, well new to me

> Hi all,
> Some new stuff:
> 1) Down sweater (800 fill, quite light at 11.75oz) The wife picked this
> up at EMS for ~$120. Wore it today on an hour hike, rainy and way too warm
> at 37F. DWR was good anyway.
> 2) Working on an improved pot for boiling water.
> 3) Laying out a new canoe single place, 12', 28"beam, 12depth
> My thoughts only . . .
> jdm
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
> BackpackingLight Mailing List
> To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
> BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>
> Post messages by E-mailing them to:
> BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups
> Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
James D. Marco | 2 Jan 05:04 2010
Picon

Re: Some new stuff, well new to me

 

Sheldon,
No. I was on the verge, but last years crash put a kink in our
budget. (It will take a few years to put it back together again, I think.)
I have used a couple different ones and really liked the 10' 5 single,
but found it way too beamy. I was thinking of stretching it to 12 or
12'6 and making it a bit narrow at 28" (still calculating, I may drop
it to 27", 10" depth, 300# capacity.) Anyway, I can build it OK. It will
likely weigh a bit more though. I am partial to hardwoods, usually
mahogany, but, I may go with cedar, just because it is lighter.
Anyway, by my numbers, it comes up to about $150 on hull
wood, $200 for fiberglass an epoxy and another $150 for finishing
supplies (foam, thwart, sand paper, staples, etc.) About 40-60 hours
work is needed, not counting planning and forms. But, the general
~900 savings will make up for the approx 27# weight. Not really a
good return on 60 hours...but better than money paid out at this
point.
Any thoughts?
jdm
At 09:55 PM 1/1/2010, you wrote:
>James
>
>I thought you already had a Hornbeck canoe? Other that DIY will this have
>advantages over one of theirs?
>
>Sheldon
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "James D. Marco" <jdm27 <at> cornell.edu>
>To: <BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com>
>Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:09 PM
>Subject: [BackpackingLight] Some new stuff, well new to me
>
>
>> Hi all,
>> Some new stuff:
>> 1) Down sweater (800 fill, quite light at 11.75oz) The wife picked this
>> up at EMS for ~$120. Wore it today on an hour hike, rainy and way too warm
>> at 37F. DWR was good anyway.
>> 2) Working on an improved pot for boiling water.
>> 3) Laying out a new canoe single place, 12', 28"beam, 12depth
>> My thoughts only . . .
>> jdm
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
>> BackpackingLight Mailing List
>> To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
>> BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>>
>> Post messages by E-mailing them to:
>> BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
>> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups
>> Links
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>
>+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
>BackpackingLight Mailing List
>To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
>BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>
>Post messages by E-mailing them to:
>BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
>+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
James Marco
Computer Operations Manager, Desktop Support
Biomedical Engineering and
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Cornell University
B77 Olin Hall,
Ithaca, NY 14853
Office: 255-7312

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
jrwooden | 2 Jan 14:53 2010

Solar charger for iTouch (was Re: Backpacking + Kindle)

 


Happy New Year all!

Just some thoughts as I'm interested in this topic as well.

1) Although it adds weight & bulk I have the otterbox case for my iPhone. I am just too fearful of impact/water damage without the otterbox case, so while clever the novothink would force me to stop using the otterbox.

2) Since the solar cell is on the back of the iPhone you would have to have arrange to have the back of the iPhone oriented to the sun for several (??) hours a day. Depending on your camping style this might be OK.

Jim

--- In BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com, Susan Thoreson <sueeva <at> ...> wrote:
>
> I am interested in a solar charger for my itouch and have run across this
> new product:
> http://www.novothink.com/products/
>
> At 2.7 ounces it is the lightest weight product I have found. Does anyone
> have any experience with this or recommendations for other types of solar
> charger?
>
> Happy New Year!
> Sue
>
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Michael <mikewhitman <at> ...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I have both the Kindle and an iPhone but the iPhone fits the "multiple
> > uses" profile. The iPhone/iPod solution with a solar charger is hard to
> > beat.
> >
> > Happy New Year!
> >
> > Mike
> >
>

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
e_l_green | 2 Jan 20:22 2010

Solar charger for iTouch (was Re: Backpacking + Kindle)

 



--- In BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com, Susan Thoreson <sueeva <at> ...> wrote:
>
> I am interested in a solar charger for my itouch and have run across this
> new product:
> http://www.novothink.com/products/
>
> At 2.7 ounces it is the lightest weight product I have found. Does anyone

To quote the specs:
"solar panels outputs 5.5V at 100 mAh in full sun"

This is more a battery extender with a slight solar boost than a battery charger. You do the math -- the iPod Touch has an 750 mAh battery, and this thing has an 1100mAH battery in it. How many hours would it take to put a full charge into these two batteries at 100 mAh (i.e., what is 1850/100)? How many hours of full sun do you get on an average winter day? And remember, it's possible to deplete both batteries if you're using the thing as an eReader on a long winter night, unlike with one of the e-ink readers which will get you 5000+ page flips on a charge (easily enough to read 10 novels over the course of a week).

Math class is now over ;).

BTW, someone else mentioned something about a real paperback book that doesn't apply to an eReader. A real paperback is multiple-use -- it can be intellectual stimulation during long winter nights, it can be (admittedly not very good) toilet paper as you strip already-read pages out, or you can use crumpled pages to start a fire. Admittedly you wouldn't want to do any of these alternate uses with a paperback you cared about, but I tend to haul along fluffy mil-scifi or trashy thrillers along for mindless entertainment when on the road or on the trail rather than anything that requires real thought (let's face it, I'm *tired* at the end of a day, not in the mood to do some real thinking), and most of those are destined for the Friends of the Library bin at the public library or the used boo k store anyhow if they ever make it back to civilization...

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
Michael | 2 Jan 21:43 2010
Picon

Solar charger for iTouch (was Re: Backpacking + Kindle)

 

Hi Sue-

The NovoThink solar charger looks pretty cool. I had not seen that one yet but it looks like the Mophie Juice battery pack I used for a couple of years. If it operates on the same principles, then the solar charger will charge the integrated battery which will take 15 to 20 hours for a *full* charge. Then the integrated battery pack charges the iphone. I am building one from a kit (google: Mightly Minty Boost) that uses the same method but I will have a larger Liithium Polymer battery (2000 mAh) and can swap in a larger solar cell if needed. It will have a USB interface so I can charge multiple devices. It won't be as cool looking as the Novothink.

They did something smart with the body design by incorporating a lanyard hole so you can presumably hang it on the outside of a pack to charge during the day. You don't need (and I wouldn't) keep the phone on it while hanging.

I've thought about the time it takes to charge the battery and have concluded that it's a non issue for me. I bring my iPhone hiking with me mostly for emergency purposes and it's unlikely that I would completely drain the battery with occasional use. My urban daily use pattern is another story - I can drain my battery in half a day but again,that's not an issue because I am usually near a car charger or USB charger. With WiFi off on your iPod Touch, you should have pretty good battery life and the option to charge it every 2-3 days with this device as long as you don't use it so much that you need to charge more often. Do the math and figure out how often you completely use up your battery.

Notes on various chargers on the market:

Novothink (mentioned above). http://is.gd/5K1je
Apple certified. Doubles as a case. You cannot charge other devices with it.
Surge for iPhone 3G and 3GS): Integrated rechargeable 1320 mAh 3.7 V lithium-ion polymer battery. http://is.gd/5K1jV
Surge for the iPod Touch: Integrated rechargeable 1500 mAh 3.7 V lithium-ion polymer battery. http://is.gd/5K1il
They have a cool Solar Planner that lets you calculate how long you need to charge based on usage. http://is.gd/5K1zZ

Solio http://is.gd/5K1mn
They just released the Solio Solo (available on the Apple Store). They also have other chargers that can power USB devices.
Battery: Rechargeable/replaceable Lithium Ion 3.7V 1650mAh cell
Can charge unit via USB port.

Unknown Brand http://is.gd/5K1YL
Type: Li-ion polymer battery
Capacity: 1350 mAH
Full Charge Time: 2.5 hours AC power, 7.5 hours solar

Mike

--- In BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com, Susan Thoreson <sueeva <at> ...> wrote:
>
> I am interested in a solar charger for my itouch and have run across this
> new product:
> http://www.novothink.com/products/
>
> At 2.7 ounces it is the lightest weight product I have found. Does anyone
> have any experience with this or recommendations for other types of solar
> charger?

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
Sheldon Miller | 3 Jan 03:50 2010
Picon

Re: Some new stuff, well new to me

 

If you have the ability to do it then you will have saved nearly a Grand and
had the satisfaction of building your own boat. As I lug my guide boat
around the park each summer I'm often envious of people with Hornbecks. Once
the boat is in the water it is a joy, getting it there, less so.

Sheldon
----- Original Message -----
From: "James D. Marco" <jdm27 <at> cornell.edu>
To: <BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [BackpackingLight] Some new stuff, well new to me

> Sheldon,
> No. I was on the verge, but last years crash put a kink in our
> budget. (It will take a few years to put it back together again, I think.)
> I have used a couple different ones and really liked the 10' 5 single,
> but found it way too beamy. I was thinking of stretching it to 12 or
> 12'6 and making it a bit narrow at 28" (still calculating, I may drop
> it to 27", 10" depth, 300# capacity.) Anyway, I can build it OK. It will
> likely weigh a bit more though. I am partial to hardwoods, usually
> mahogany, but, I may go with cedar, just because it is lighter.
> Anyway, by my numbers, it comes up to about $150 on hull
> wood, $200 for fiberglass an epoxy and another $150 for finishing
> supplies (foam, thwart, sand paper, staples, etc.) About 40-60 hours
> work is needed, not counting planning and forms. But, the general
> ~900 savings will make up for the approx 27# weight. Not really a
> good return on 60 hours...but better than money paid out at this
> point.
> Any thoughts?
> jdm
> At 09:55 PM 1/1/2010, you wrote:
>>James
>>
>>I thought you already had a Hornbeck canoe? Other that DIY will this have
>>advantages over one of theirs?
>>
>>Sheldon
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "James D. Marco" <jdm27 <at> cornell.edu>
>>To: <BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com>
>>Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:09 PM
>>Subject: [BackpackingLight] Some new stuff, well new to me
>>
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Some new stuff:
>>> 1) Down sweater (800 fill, quite light at 11.75oz) The wife picked this
>>> up at EMS for ~$120. Wore it today on an hour hike, rainy and way too
>>> warm
>>> at 37F. DWR was good anyway.
>>> 2) Working on an improved pot for boiling water.
>>> 3) Laying out a new canoe single place, 12', 28"beam, 12depth
>>> My thoughts only . . .
>>> jdm
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
>>> BackpackingLight Mailing List
>>> To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
>>> BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>>>
>>> Post messages by E-mailing them to:
>>> BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
>>> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups
>>> Links
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
>>BackpackingLight Mailing List
>>To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
>>BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>>
>>Post messages by E-mailing them to:
>>BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
>>+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups
>>Links
>>
>>
>>
> James Marco
> Computer Operations Manager, Desktop Support
> Biomedical Engineering and
> Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
> Cornell University
> B77 Olin Hall,
> Ithaca, NY 14853
> Office: 255-7312
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
> BackpackingLight Mailing List
> To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
> BackpackingLight-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
>
> Post messages by E-mailing them to:
> BackpackingLight <at> yahoogroups.com
> +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+Yahoo! Groups
> Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___
Tim | 3 Jan 04:12 2010
Picon

Re: Some new stuff, well new to me

 

James-

Good Yahoo group for cedar strip construction:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cedarstripcanoes/

Even though you are making a small one, 60 hours is too little unless you are a wonder butcher or are very sloppy. I have a couple hundred in a 17' and it is almost done, but I have been meticulous and a first time builder. Keeps me out of the mean streets.

Tim Greiner

--- James D. Marco wrote:
>
> Sheldon,
> No. I was on the verge, but last years crash put a kink in our
> budget. (It will take a few years to put it back together again, I think.)
> I have used a couple different ones and really liked the 10' 5 single,
> but found it way too beamy. I was thinking of stretching it to 12 or
> 12'6 and making it a bit narrow at 28" (still calculating, I may drop
> it to 27", 10" depth, 300# capacity.) Anyway, I can build it OK. It will
> likely weigh a bit more though. I am partial to hardwoods, usually
> mahogany, but, I may go with cedar, just because it is lighter.
> Anyway, by my numbers, it comes up to about $150 on hull
> wood, $200 for fiberglass an epoxy and another $150 for finishing
> supplies (foam, thwart, sand paper, staples, etc.) About 40-60 hours
> work is needed, not counting planning and forms. But, the general
> ~900 savings will make up for the approx 27# weight. Not really a
> good return on 60 hours...but better than money paid out at this
> point.
> Any thoughts?
> jdm
> you wrote:
> >James
> >
> >I thought you already had a Hornbeck canoe? Other that DIY will this have
> >advantages over one of theirs?
> >
> >Sheldon
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "James D. Marco
> >>> 2) Working on an improved pot for boiling water.
> >> 3) Laying out a new canoe single place, 12', 28"beam, 12depth
> >> My thoughts only . . .
> >> jdm
> >>
>

__._,_.___

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
BackpackingLight Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
BackpackingLight-unsubscribe-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Post messages by E-mailing them to:
BackpackingLight-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
.

__,_._,___

Gmane