Read about my sarcasm filled battle with Tenafly, NJ.
WARNING - not for the faint of heart. These are sharp, biting, personal attacks on the lack of moral character and mean spiritedness of the director of special services and the board attorney and, for their inaction, the superintendent, the mayor, and the entire board of education.
I started posting everything on www.Facebook.com/Drive4Rebecca and emailing hundreds of people in our community.
This was after over 6 months of their denying the need for services for my daughter, when the situation is so black and white, their own learning consultant confirmed the needs, and their repeated personal attacks on my character.
Here are some highlights of my notes to the district:
To the attorney who worked 8 years for a law firm that helped parents and then began representing school districts and the board:
- How much money did it take for you to move .... after learning all the strategies that help families like ours to the dark side, so you could use everything you learned against stressed out families like ours?
- I'm not sure how any of you can sleep easily with this on your conscience, but I guess you have to have a soul and some basic moral values to have something like this bother you.
- Good article.
And some other helpful advice.
- I was going to make a joke that I am doing some research and was wondering if it is physically possible to f yourself but I would never stoop to that level. You've done it for me.
- Clearly you have made a well thought out decision after 4 hours of deep thought and soul (???) searching and now you've forced me to make one of my own.
- it appears that the district no longer cares and is clearly focused on the bottom line rather than providing what is truly appropriate.
- Congratulations on finally agreeing with your fellow citizen who apparently stood up at a board meeting to say something to the effect of "why spend all this money on these children who will never amount to anything" ..
- I hope none of you ever have a child, grandchild, or relative that has special needs because assuming you have some small bit of humanity deep in the recesses of your warped souls, I am sure you will not be able to take the stress of seeing exactly what you have done to us done to someone important in your life.
- Shame on all of you and may the worst years of your pasts be the best years of your future (I'll explain that for any of you who don't understand - just email me privately).
- Check the the town and the law firm's professional liability policy limits because actions like this are going to be a huge magnet for lawsuits - not necessarily from me but surely from litigious parents who would have sued your sorry a$&%# a long time ago.
- I have Bcc:d hundreds of friends and business associates in the community and beyond who have all been following this closely and they will be anxiously awaiting your response.
- What pains me most is knowing that you and your cohorts, in other districts around the state and the country, routinely do this to defenseless families, and prevent children who have great possibilities from never reaching their potential, due to your focus on the bottom line. We all eventually pay for your unconscionable behavior with the many adults that will never be able to live independently.
- Congratulations on your cost cutting achievements. You'll leave quite a legacy and your actions will be remembered for generations as the last of a dying breed of civil rights deniers.
- Please forward all bills or billing statements, including hours to be billed and the rate per hour, for Stacey Cherry from the Fogarty & Ohara law firm from September 2012 through August 2013, relating to advice rendered and work performed in connection with Rebecca Singer's educational program including all correspondence and discussions and meetings.
- I think the public would like to know exactly how you are squandering our hard earned taxpayer money.
We received copied of all the bills to date.
- If your plan is to continue with your fantasy and delusions of what transpired and ignore the actual facts, and especially the clear evidence, let's not waste any more taxpayer money on a useless mediation because the only way I'll agree to anything that doesn't contain the truth is if hell freezes over.
- Unfortunately for you, and according to Al Gore, that's never going to happen so, again, you decide how much more taxpayer $$$ you want to waste and then you can answer to your constituents.
- Some day, probably with the help of the ACLU, all of your closed door and whispered plans will come to light - and citizens will look back and wonder out loud - "how could we have let this happen to some of the must vulnerable and at risk members of our society - defenseless disabled children" - and we will have put an end to the heinous acts perpetrated by all of you, and all of those like you around the country, an end to legalized educational child abuse, forever.
My response to the state about mediation:
- Why Newark when we live in Tenafly and the Tenafly people work in Tenafly.
- There's a great cafe in Engelwood called Patisserie Florentine that makes really good crepes and I'm sure they would love to host their first mediation.
- I need to know how many people I can bring.
- To ward off evil spirits I was planning on bringing a Native, a Mormon Elder, a Catholic priest, my rabbi, and possibly a Pagan and Wiccan for good measure.
Here's the note I had sent, after a board member resigned (see article - one can only hope it was because of me) which caused the superintendent to call the police but the police knew I was kidding:
- In a horror movie they would be offed one by one in their kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms or after dark in the Tenafly Nature Center, so this is really much more civilized.
Here's my note to the entire board asking them to resign:
- I'm not sure if Rebecca's situation had anything to do with your resignation Phyllis, or if it's just a coincidence in timing, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for any or all of the rest of you to follow suit and cut your losses (and that goes for not just the board members).
- By taking that kind of action you would send an important signal to the public about wiping the slate clean and start from scratch.
- In stepping down you would help usher in a new era for, and help reestablish and rebuild, Tenafly's reputation as a town we can all be proud to call home once more.
- If your intention is to go through your colossal encyclopedic packet assembled by your highly skilled attorney, and try to convince the mediator of your complete misinterpretation of the events with all of your falsehoods, and try to win points based upon my insults, let's just skip this step and let the judge decide.
- And I know, it's very hard to keep up with everything.
- I would be glad to provide Cliff Notes or the special learning packets that you provide to students in need of additional assistance in our schools for any or all you who can't keep up in my quest to maintain fairness and be an all around good guy.
- And please leave our great emergency responders alone for the weekend because there may be real fires to put out, real criminals to apprehend, and real people who are truly hurt and not just having hurt feelings like all of you - boo hoo.
- Grow up, stop wasting everyone's time and energy, or step down like Phyllis and make room for some real leaders who can do the right thing. Please.
Our new initiative: Special Attorneys and Advocates
Our Drive4Rebecca foundation is launching a initiative, Special Advocates and Special Attorneys, with a goal of to providing free consultations to parents who can't afford them so no child with special needs gets left behind:
Your input on first chapter of my new books (plus lots of free tools and other resources)
The first chapter from my new book, The Special Needs Parent Empowerment Handbook, is available free TODAY 9/2 on Kindle:
or as a PDF:
Thanks for your input - if you like it, please add a 5 star review on Amazon:
Happy Labor Day!
Jon "Driven" Singer
Help make sure that no child with
special needs gets left behind™
Peace Justice Unity Renewal