Tuomo Valkonen | 2 Sep 15:51 2007
Picon
Picon

ion-3rc-20070902

This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
first and hopefully final "stable" release.

--

-- 
Tuomo

Alexander Shishkin | 2 Sep 16:06 2007
Picon

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

On 9/2/07, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> wrote:
> This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
> discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
> first and hopefully final "stable" release.
Sorry, haven't been following recently (vacation and stuff), but does
anybody (Ben?) still keep packaging ion3 for debian? The last version
that I see is 20070720-2.

Tuomo, do you still hide your darcs repo, btw?

--

-- 
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

Nick Murdoch | 2 Sep 16:12 2007
Picon

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> On 9/2/07, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> wrote:
>> This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
>> discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
>> first and hopefully final "stable" release.
> Sorry, haven't been following recently (vacation and stuff), but does
> anybody (Ben?) still keep packaging ion3 for debian? The last version
> that I see is 20070720-2.

It's a little behind at the moment, but yes, he does seem to be. It'll
be nice when ion3 is stable for Debian. mod-xinerama-for-ion3 seems to
be missing from apt all of a sudden, however. (I know this has nothing
to do with Tuomo, though)

Alexander Shishkin | 2 Sep 16:28 2007
Picon

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

On 9/2/07, Nick Murdoch <nickmurdoch@...> wrote:
> Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> > On 9/2/07, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> wrote:
> >> This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
> >> discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
> >> first and hopefully final "stable" release.
> > Sorry, haven't been following recently (vacation and stuff), but does
> > anybody (Ben?) still keep packaging ion3 for debian? The last version
> > that I see is 20070720-2.
>
> It's a little behind at the moment, but yes, he does seem to be. It'll
> be nice when ion3 is stable for Debian. mod-xinerama-for-ion3 seems to
> be missing from apt all of a sudden, however. (I know this has nothing
> to do with Tuomo, though)
Yes, mod-xinerama is part of my concern indeed.

--

-- 
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

Andreas Poisel | 2 Sep 16:40 2007

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

* Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> [070902 16:20]:
> This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
> discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
> first and hopefully final "stable" release.

Thank you!

One small issue (introduced with 3rc-20070720) regarding floating dock:
After configuring positions "mr" or "ml" the dock appears on "mc"
(center of the screen).  Other positions work as normal.

--

-- 
Bye, Andreas

Tuomo Valkonen | 2 Sep 17:34 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

On 2007-09-02 16:40 +0200, Andreas Poisel wrote:
> One small issue (introduced with 3rc-20070720) regarding floating dock:
> After configuring positions "mr" or "ml" the dock appears on "mc"
> (center of the screen).  Other positions work as normal.

Seems to be a copy-paste unimplementation.. Does the hopefully* 
attached patch help? I'm too lazy to test it.

(* The sucky thing about MUAs that launch your favourite editor in
the terminal is that you can't attach files before or during editing,
only after.. and you're so keen on and used to just hitting the send
key at that point. It would be possible to properly embed the editor 
by writing a custom terminal emulator..)

--

-- 
Tuomo
diff -rN old-ion-3-work1.1/mod_dock/dock.c new-ion-3-work1.1/mod_dock/dock.c
986c986,990
<        : SIZEPOLICY_GRAVITY_CENTER);
---
>        : (hp!=DOCK_HPOS_CENTER
>           ? (hp==DOCK_HPOS_RIGHT
>              ? SIZEPOLICY_GRAVITY_EAST
>              : SIZEPOLICY_GRAVITY_WEST)
>           : SIZEPOLICY_GRAVITY_CENTER));

Andreas Poisel | 2 Sep 22:54 2007

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

* Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> [070902 17:40]:
> Seems to be a copy-paste unimplementation.. Does the hopefully* 
> attached patch help? I'm too lazy to test it.

Works perfectly, thank you.

> (* The sucky thing about MUAs that launch your favourite editor in
> the terminal is that you can't attach files before or during editing,
> only after.. and you're so keen on and used to just hitting the send
> key at that point. It would be possible to properly embed the editor 
> by writing a custom terminal emulator..)

Yeah, I know that pitfall very, very well.  I've been trying to get
used to re-check headers (and think of attachments) after closing the
editor for years - with moderate success...

--

-- 
Bye, Andreas

Ben Hutchings | 3 Sep 01:59 2007
Picon

Re: ion-3rc-20070902

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 18:28 +0400, Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> On 9/2/07, Nick Murdoch <nickmurdoch@...> wrote:
> > Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> > > On 9/2/07, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@...> wrote:
> > >> This release features a few minor fixes. If no major problems are
> > >> discovered, this is likely to be the last "rc" release before the
> > >> first and hopefully final "stable" release.
> > > Sorry, haven't been following recently (vacation and stuff), but does
> > > anybody (Ben?) still keep packaging ion3 for debian? The last version
> > > that I see is 20070720-2.
> >
> > It's a little behind at the moment, but yes, he does seem to be. It'll
> > be nice when ion3 is stable for Debian. mod-xinerama-for-ion3 seems to
> > be missing from apt all of a sudden, however. (I know this has nothing
> > to do with Tuomo, though)
> Yes, mod-xinerama is part of my concern indeed.

It's unmaintained in Debian.  I've been trying to convince Holger Levsen
to pick it up.

Ben.

--

-- 
Ben Hutchings
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. - Harrison
Jordan Sissel | 3 Sep 17:45 2007
Picon

Feature request


Howdy,

Dragging windows around calls XGrabServer. Can we not do that? It
doesn't seem as simple as simply not calling it, because when we don't,
dragging the window (well, the frame that represents the moving window)
doesn't fire the repaint event (Expose?) on windows that are moved over
during the dragging.

Yes? No? Should I work on a patch?

-Jordan

Tuomo Valkonen | 3 Sep 18:22 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: Feature request

On 2007-09-03, Jordan Sissel <psionic@...> wrote:
> Yes? No? Should I work on a patch?

RTFM opaque_resize. Grabbing the server is only necessary for the 
antique XOR-hack.

--

-- 
Tuomo


Gmane