Re: PWM 'protect' patch
Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov <at> modeemi.cs.tut.fi>
2002-04-03 22:32:03 GMT
On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:45:48PM +0200, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> I should perhaps browse through my mail archives to see if there are
> any interesting requests or patches to PWM that have been forgotten.
I quickly skimmed through the archives for the last year looking
for the word 'patch' or 'request' in the subject line. Here are
some of those I found:
- Extra winprops: auto-maximize on start, auto-ticky (I'll forward a
patch to implement the latter.)
- Man page bug: the last two Mod1:s should be Shift and Mod1+Shift.
- raise_on_move (I'll forward the patch, although I think the option
should be global and not specific to a screen.)
- (This is an _old_ one) Separators in menus
- Functions to shift clients' tabs left/right. (Has been asked to be
implemented in Ion too.)
Of course, there are also many requests for click-to-focus (I don't
think if there are any patches that fully implement it) and some I
think I have implemented but didn't bother to check.
(There actually was already a patch to keep frames from obscuring the
dock on maximize.)
Although no-one has requested it, PWM should support prefix keymaps as
Ion does: Mod1+K is much nicer than Control+Shift. But Ion's code will
not work directly and although it should be quite easy to do the necessary
modifications, I've put this off until wmcore.