Bill Sun | 1 Oct 06:21 2010
Picon

Multi tag matching

Hi,

I want to let "'XTerm' class" match two tags: the current tag and
tag "TERM".

And I prefer internal libraries to handle that.

thanks.

Zsolt Udvari | 1 Oct 08:28 2010
Picon

Re: Multi tag matching

Hi Bill!

See:
http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/FAQ#How_to_start_clients_on_specific_tags_and_others_as_floating.3F
"Set Xterm to multiple tags on screen 1"

And see this too:
http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.tag.html#withcurrent
and
http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.tag.html#selected

(and http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.rules.html of course :))
I hope these will help you.

Zsolt

2010/10/1 Bill Sun <cap.sensitive <at> gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to let "'XTerm' class" match two tags: the current tag and
> tag "TERM".
>
> And I prefer internal libraries to handle that.
>
> thanks.
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, send mail to awesome-unsubscribe <at> naquadah.org.
>

(Continue reading)

Bill Sun | 1 Oct 10:07 2010
Picon

Re: Multi tag matching

Hi Zsolt:

These documents are really helpful!
> See:
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/FAQ#How_to_start_clients_on_specific_tags_and_others_as_floating.3F
> "Set Xterm to multiple tags on screen 1"
> 
> And see this too:
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.tag.html#withcurrent
> and
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.tag.html#selected
> 
> (and http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/api/modules/awful.rules.html of course :))
> I hope these will help you.

Now I put the following line(s) into my rc.lua:
    { rule = { class = "XTerm" },
        callback = function(c) c:tags({awful.tag.selected(mouse.screen), tags[1][3]}) end },
    { rule = { class = "XTerm" },
        callback = awful.client.setslave },

Thanks :)

Bill Sun | 1 Oct 10:42 2010
Picon

Re: Multi tag matching

Hi:

After I applied these settings, My screen will blink when I spawn xterm.
>     { rule = { class = "XTerm" },
>         callback = awful.client.setslave },

If I comment the line(s) above, then everything backs to normal.
Is there someting wrong with "awful.client.setslave" function?
Or it's my confuration's fault.
If that so, plese point out where I was wrong.

Thanks.

Adrian C. | 1 Oct 18:02 2010

Re: Multi tag matching

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Bill Sun wrote:

> Is there someting wrong with "awful.client.setslave" function?

Hello, 
the Xterm first appears as a master, for a split second, before being 
moved to the slave area. That could explain your flicker.

--

-- 
Adrian C. (anrxc) | anrxc..sysphere.org | PGP ID: D20A0618
PGP FP: 02A5 628A D8EE 2A93 996E  929F D5CB 31B7 D20A 0618

Diego Amor | 1 Oct 18:43 2010
Picon

Lose clientkeys with shifty :(

Hi, i put shifty in my config (guided with the wiki on awesome...org)
and really AWESOME!! :D
But the problem it's i lose binding clientkeys, when i call to kill a
window ("MOD" + "SHIFT" + c)  the log error:

W: awesome: luaA_dofunction:108: error while running function
stack traceback:
        /home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353: in function
</home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353>
error: /home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353: attempt to call method
'kill' (a nil value)

When i tried another bindings nothing happen... and not log :(

i adj my rc.lua is someone help with some idea ...

Sorry my english.

Thx!

PD: Some idea for debug ??

--

-- 
--------------------------------
Diego Amor
diego.amor <at> gmail.com
--------------------------------
"law of the star"
........................................
"to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new
(Continue reading)

Patrick Bethke | 1 Oct 19:25 2010
Picon

wibox Menu is behaving weird

Hey everyone,
when i click on the wibox icon, the menu appears, but it is not complete.
only when i move my mouse over entries i cant see, they  appear.
if thats too abstract, i meant to include screenshots, but on the screenshots
everything is just fine. any idea?

David Unric | 2 Oct 01:41 2010
Picon

Strange io.popen behaviour in rc.lua

Hello,

it starts to drive me a bit mad because I cann't understand what's going wrong with the following code:

prg_out = io.popen('/usr/bin/xkb-switch'):read('*a')

When run in a separate script or from Lua interpreter it works as expected, ie. it stores program output in prg_out variable. But run from rc.lua it hangs forever. Function io.popen() successfully returns file handle but any attempt to call read() or close() at this handle results in script stall :(
The same behavior when trying to catch output of other programs like xrandr, xmodmap.

However what makes it uneasy, catching output of programs  amixer, mpc, uname like

prg_out = io.popen('/bin/uname -r'):read('*a')

does work, ie. rc.lua script doesn't hang and output is stored.

I cann't find the source of problem. All mentioned programs are Linux ELF executables, single or multiline output makes no difference, setting locales to default (LANG=C LC_ALL=C) also makes no difference. And as already stated, the issue manifests only when run from within rc.lua script.

Any idea what I may have omitted ?


David

Toni Su | 2 Oct 01:43 2010
Picon

Re: wibox Menu is behaving weird

What version of xorg do you use?
I have the same problem after I update xorg to 1.9.0

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Patrick Bethke <ptrck.bthk <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> when i click on the wibox icon, the menu appears, but it is not complete.
> only when i move my mouse over entries i cant see, they  appear.
> if thats too abstract, i meant to include screenshots, but on the screenshots
> everything is just fine. any idea?
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, send mail to awesome-unsubscribe <at> naquadah.org.
>

Anurag Priyam | 2 Oct 04:39 2010
Picon

Re: Lose clientkeys with shifty :(

> Hi, i put shifty in my config (guided with the wiki on awesome...org)
> and really AWESOME!! :D
> But the problem it's i lose binding clientkeys, when i call to kill a
> window ("MOD" + "SHIFT" + c)  the log error:
>
> W: awesome: luaA_dofunction:108: error while running function
> stack traceback:
>        /home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353: in function
> </home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353>
> error: /home/russo/.config/awesome/rc.lua:353: attempt to call method
> 'kill' (a nil value)

There is a possibility that the guide to shifty on the wiki might be
old. A possible reason for the failure could be that shifty is not
assigning the clientkeys correctly. In the default rc.lua clientkeys
are assigned using awful.rules.rules. From your rc.lua I see the use
of shifty.config.apps instead of awful.rules.rules. *Maybe* putting
this in your rules section helps:

      match = { },  keys = clientkeys

I might very well be wrong :)

--

-- 
Anurag Priyam,
3rd Year Undergraduate,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
IIT Kharagpur.
+91-9775550642


Gmane