Koen Deforche | 1 Feb 11:23 2011
Picon

Re: Application crash -> valgrind report

Hey Gaetano,

> Wt::WApplication::instance()->processEvents();

Thanks for a bug report with exactly the information we need !

That is definitely something that should be fixed in the library. You
are starting a recursive eventloop from within the application
constructor, something which has never worked before. But because of
various reorganizations, it turns out it is rather straight forward to
allow this now.

Can you see with latest git if the problem is solved ?

Regards,
koen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
Gaetano Mendola | 1 Feb 12:20 2011
Picon

Re: Application crash -> valgrind report

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Koen Deforche <koen@...> wrote:
> Hey Gaetano,
>
>> Wt::WApplication::instance()->processEvents();
>
> Thanks for a bug report with exactly the information we need !
>
> That is definitely something that should be fixed in the library. You
> are starting a recursive eventloop from within the application
> constructor, something which has never worked before. But because of
> various reorganizations, it turns out it is rather straight forward to
> allow this now.
>
> Can you see with latest git if the problem is solved ?

I tried with yesterday git and the application didn't crash anymore but calling

Wt::WApplication::instance()->processEvents();

inside the construction threw an exception.

With today git all now works fine.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--

-- 
cpp-today.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Continue reading)

Laurent Garnier | 1 Feb 16:07 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Connect problem : dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found, boost signals

You were right, this was a mistake between runtime and compile time libraries, I made
library against /sw/include/boost, and link somewhere else :( 

Thank you for all,

Laurent

Le 28 janv. 2011 à 12:54, Koen Deforche a écrit :

> Hey Laurent,
> 
> This sounds like a mismatch between runtime and compile time libraries used.
> Can you verify that you are using the same versions of Wt and Boost at
> run-time compared to link-time ?
> 
> Compile time can be seen from your link command.
> 
> Runtime libraries can be seen using 'otool' :
> $ otool -L binary
> 
> Regards,
> koen
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
> Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
> Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
> February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
> _______________________________________________
(Continue reading)

Gaetano Mendola | 1 Feb 16:17 2011
Picon

[Test CASE] Malfunctioning (signal 11) WTimer child of Application

Hi all,
it's me again!

The test case at the end of this mail makes the application Seg Fault
(I have tried it with 3.1.7a and latest git).

Head of back trace is:

Core was generated by `./a.out'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x00007ff344002300 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ff344002300 in ?? ()
#1  0x00007ff353430a8b in ~WWidget (this=0x7ff34400a450,
__in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at
/root/wt-git/wt/src/Wt/WWidget.C:41
#2  0x00007ff3533ebfa6 in ~WTimerWidget (this=0x7ff34400a5a0,
__in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at
/root/wt-git/wt/src/Wt/WTimerWidget.C:24
#3  0x00007ff3533eb0cc in ~WTimer (this=0x7ff344008290,
__in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at /root/wt-git/wt/src/Wt/WTimer.C:36
#4  0x00007ff3533641df in ~WObject (this=0x7ff344006700,
__in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at
/root/wt-git/wt/src/Wt/WObject.C:90
#5  0x0000000000406eb9 in CustomInterface::~CustomInterface() ()
#6  0x00007ff35348bbb2 in ~WebSession (this=0x1a5f700,
__in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at
/root/wt-git/wt/src/web/WebSession.C:153

How to make it crash:
(Continue reading)

Koen Deforche | 1 Feb 17:01 2011
Picon

Re: Double WApplication instance -> crash

Hey Gaetano,

2011/1/31 Gaetano Mendola <mendola@...>:
> Hi guys,
> the following "test" case, make the application crash, is this intended ?

I can see why it crashes. We never imagined nested test environments.
Is it merely theoretical or do you have a good use for it ? :-)

Regards,
koen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
Gaetano Mendola | 1 Feb 17:17 2011
Picon

Re: Double WApplication instance -> crash

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Koen Deforche <koen@...> wrote:
> Hey Gaetano,
>
> 2011/1/31 Gaetano Mendola <mendola@...>:
>> Hi guys,
>> the following "test" case, make the application crash, is this intended ?
>
> I can see why it crashes. We never imagined nested test environments.
> Is it merely theoretical or do you have a good use for it ? :-)

I had the need to test two instances of my application (they share
something behind
the scene), as first shot instead to start two different threads and
then create my application
instance inside the thread body I did it that way.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--

-- 
cpp-today.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
Dmitriy Igrishin | 1 Feb 21:40 2011
Picon

Re: FOSDEM - talks, meet up?

Hey Pau,

2011/1/30 Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles <at> elpauer.org>
Hello,

Koen will be talking about Wt in the Cross Desktop room next Sunday,
14.30 - 15.15:

--8<------------
The next desktop is the browser!

In this talk we discuss the possibilities offered by browsers these
days, including HTML5, WebSockets, NaCL, and give an overview of
approaches to target the browser as platform for typical desktop
applications. In the last years, several interesting attempts were
made to explore possibilities to port GTK or Qt-based software to the
browser, targeting either HTML5 as a low-level canvas, or using more
building blocks of HTML5. We will discuss the various possibilities
and also future developments. We discuss distinct properties of a
browser that affect user experience, including hyperlinking, bookmarks
and forward/back buttons. We will also discuss performance
implications of different approaches, taking into account network
latency, rendering efficiency, and where applicable, deployment
scalability

http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/desktopbrowser
--8<------------

I'm giving a talk on the same room, also on Sunday, at 10.15, but it's
Wt-unrelated:

--8<------------
KDE on Windows

KDE was started in 1996 as a Unix-only desktop environment and was
quickly adopted by major Linux distributions. By 2011, after a decade
of work mostly by a handful of heroic and relentless developers, KDE
runs natively on Windows and commercial applications are developed on
top of it.

This talk will introduce the origins, people, difficulties faced
(build system, compilers, platform differences, third party
dependencies), and will show the current status of KDE applications on
Windows.

http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/kdewin
--8<------------

Is anyone else coming? I'll arrive to Brussels (Charleroi, actually,
but you know Ryanair :-) ) on Friday morning. Beer event starts at
18.00 but it's so crowded it'll be a miracle if we meet there. Not to
speak of the lack of badges :-) Anyone wants to meet up for lunch or
dinner and plan how to take over the world? ;-)
Sounds are nice. Unfortunately, I can't to visit Brussels this winter.
But I hope, all will enjoy this event.
Also I hope to see some slides or even movie records of talks. Please,
make it possible, if you can.
Good luck!

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org
(Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
_______________________________________________
witty-interest mailing list
witty-interest <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/witty-interest



--
// Dmitriy.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
_______________________________________________
witty-interest mailing list
witty-interest@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/witty-interest
Wim Dumon | 1 Feb 22:04 2011
Picon

Re: FOSDEM - talks, meet up?

Also not to forget:

Wt is featured in Arnout Vandecapelle's talk in the embedded track.

Creating secure web based user interfaces for Embedded Devices

A web interface is the easiest way to add something GUI-ish to an
embedded system. However, setting up an Apache and writing CGI scripts
requires too much work and overburdens resource constrained systems..
This presentation shows you the best tools to simplify your life for
adding an interface to your embedded system. The first step is the
Mongoose Embedded Web Server. It is a tiny (40K) yet fully-featured
web server that can be embedded directly in your application.
Combining it with the efficient CyaSSL library gives you a secure
environment. For a more advanced GUI, there is Wt, which completely
removes the burden of web programming from you - you'll hardly even
notice there's a web server in your application!

Sunday, Lameere, 16:00-17:00

I can't make it to fosdem on sat/sun, but I'll try to meet up on Friday.

BR,
Wim.

2011/1/30 Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@...>:
> Hello,
>
> Koen will be talking about Wt in the Cross Desktop room next Sunday,
> 14.30 - 15.15:
>
> --8<------------
> The next desktop is the browser!
>
> In this talk we discuss the possibilities offered by browsers these
> days, including HTML5, WebSockets, NaCL, and give an overview of
> approaches to target the browser as platform for typical desktop
> applications. In the last years, several interesting attempts were
> made to explore possibilities to port GTK or Qt-based software to the
> browser, targeting either HTML5 as a low-level canvas, or using more
> building blocks of HTML5. We will discuss the various possibilities
> and also future developments. We discuss distinct properties of a
> browser that affect user experience, including hyperlinking, bookmarks
> and forward/back buttons. We will also discuss performance
> implications of different approaches, taking into account network
> latency, rendering efficiency, and where applicable, deployment
> scalability
>
> http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/desktopbrowser
> --8<------------
>
> I'm giving a talk on the same room, also on Sunday, at 10.15, but it's
> Wt-unrelated:
>
> --8<------------
> KDE on Windows
>
> KDE was started in 1996 as a Unix-only desktop environment and was
> quickly adopted by major Linux distributions. By 2011, after a decade
> of work mostly by a handful of heroic and relentless developers, KDE
> runs natively on Windows and commercial applications are developed on
> top of it.
>
> This talk will introduce the origins, people, difficulties faced
> (build system, compilers, platform differences, third party
> dependencies), and will show the current status of KDE applications on
> Windows.
>
> http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/kdewin
> --8<------------
>
> Is anyone else coming? I'll arrive to Brussels (Charleroi, actually,
> but you know Ryanair :-) ) on Friday morning. Beer event starts at
> 18.00 but it's so crowded it'll be a miracle if we meet there. Not to
> speak of the lack of badges :-) Anyone wants to meet up for lunch or
> dinner and plan how to take over the world? ;-)
>
> --
> Pau Garcia i Quiles
> http://www.elpauer.org
> (Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
> Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
> Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires
> February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
> _______________________________________________
> witty-interest mailing list
> witty-interest@...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/witty-interest
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
Pau Garcia i Quiles | 2 Feb 12:18 2011

Re: FOSDEM - talks, meet up?

Hello,

Thank you very much! This talk had gone under my radar. Last year I
missed a lot of embedded talks because the room was crowded all the
time and on the door there was a guy with a whip (!) to make sure
people did not try to step in :-)

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Wim Dumon <wim@...> wrote:
> Also not to forget:
>
> Wt is featured in Arnout Vandecapelle's talk in the embedded track.
>
> Creating secure web based user interfaces for Embedded Devices
>
> A web interface is the easiest way to add something GUI-ish to an
> embedded system. However, setting up an Apache and writing CGI scripts
> requires too much work and overburdens resource constrained systems..
> This presentation shows you the best tools to simplify your life for
> adding an interface to your embedded system. The first step is the
> Mongoose Embedded Web Server. It is a tiny (40K) yet fully-featured
> web server that can be embedded directly in your application.
> Combining it with the efficient CyaSSL library gives you a secure
> environment. For a more advanced GUI, there is Wt, which completely
> removes the burden of web programming from you - you'll hardly even
> notice there's a web server in your application!
>
> Sunday, Lameere, 16:00-17:00
>
> I can't make it to fosdem on sat/sun, but I'll try to meet up on Friday.
>
> BR,
> Wim.
>
> 2011/1/30 Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@...>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Koen will be talking about Wt in the Cross Desktop room next Sunday,
>> 14.30 - 15.15:
>>
>> --8<------------
>> The next desktop is the browser!
>>
>> In this talk we discuss the possibilities offered by browsers these
>> days, including HTML5, WebSockets, NaCL, and give an overview of
>> approaches to target the browser as platform for typical desktop
>> applications. In the last years, several interesting attempts were
>> made to explore possibilities to port GTK or Qt-based software to the
>> browser, targeting either HTML5 as a low-level canvas, or using more
>> building blocks of HTML5. We will discuss the various possibilities
>> and also future developments. We discuss distinct properties of a
>> browser that affect user experience, including hyperlinking, bookmarks
>> and forward/back buttons. We will also discuss performance
>> implications of different approaches, taking into account network
>> latency, rendering efficiency, and where applicable, deployment
>> scalability
>>
>> http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/desktopbrowser
>> --8<------------
>>
>> I'm giving a talk on the same room, also on Sunday, at 10.15, but it's
>> Wt-unrelated:
>>
>> --8<------------
>> KDE on Windows
>>
>> KDE was started in 1996 as a Unix-only desktop environment and was
>> quickly adopted by major Linux distributions. By 2011, after a decade
>> of work mostly by a handful of heroic and relentless developers, KDE
>> runs natively on Windows and commercial applications are developed on
>> top of it.
>>
>> This talk will introduce the origins, people, difficulties faced
>> (build system, compilers, platform differences, third party
>> dependencies), and will show the current status of KDE applications on
>> Windows.
>>
>> http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/kdewin
>> --8<------------
>>
>> Is anyone else coming? I'll arrive to Brussels (Charleroi, actually,
>> but you know Ryanair :-) ) on Friday morning. Beer event starts at
>> 18.00 but it's so crowded it'll be a miracle if we meet there. Not to
>> speak of the lack of badges :-) Anyone wants to meet up for lunch or
>> dinner and plan how to take over the world? ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Pau Garcia i Quiles
>> http://www.elpauer.org
>> (Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
>> Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
>> Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires
>> February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
>> _______________________________________________
>> witty-interest mailing list
>> witty-interest@...
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/witty-interest
>>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
> Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
> Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires
> February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
> _______________________________________________
> witty-interest mailing list
> witty-interest@...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/witty-interest
>

--

-- 
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org
(Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d
Pau Garcia i Quiles | 2 Feb 12:15 2011

Re: FOSDEM - talks, meet up?

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@...> wrote:

>> Is anyone else coming? I'll arrive to Brussels (Charleroi, actually,
>> but you know Ryanair :-) ) on Friday morning. Beer event starts at
>> 18.00 but it's so crowded it'll be a miracle if we meet there. Not to
>> speak of the lack of badges :-) Anyone wants to meet up for lunch or
>> dinner and plan how to take over the world? ;-)
>
> Sounds are nice. Unfortunately, I can't to visit Brussels this winter.
> But I hope, all will enjoy this event.
> Also I hope to see some slides or even movie records of talks. Please,
> make it possible, if you can.
> Good luck!

I don't know if we'll make it to the movies. Recordings of the talks
are highly room-dependent and for the devrooms, usually quite bad
quality :-(

--

-- 
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org
(Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD value)!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better price-free!
Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires 
February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY! 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d

Gmane