Wouter Schoot | 8 Aug 20:52 2007

Dutch translation

Hey all!

Since i've been using dokuwiki at work and made the switch from 
mediawiki to dokuwiki at home as well, I felt like contributing a bit 
when Andi posted about this translation tool on irc.

I'm Wouter Schoot, 25 years all. I graduated computer science in 
february and am working fulltime as project manager.

Being Dutch myself, I thought I'd translate some of the langfiles, 
starting with the following three, since nothing has been translated so far.

- lib/plugins/usermanager/lang
- lib/plugins/plugin/lang
- lib/plugins/revert/lang

Wouter

--

-- 
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een
horloge, de koe vond van niet.  Ra-ra kameel politiepet.

Wouter Schoot | 8 Aug 21:34 2007

Re: Dutch translation

Wouter Schoot wrote:
> - lib/plugins/revert/lang

While translating this file, I stumbled upon:

"To find a list of spammy pages first enter a search string (eg. a
spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are really spam and
revert the edits."

This states somehow that to find a LIST, you need to enter a search 
string, confirm and revert, however, this process restores the pages, 
instead of just giving you a list. I find it a bit of a curiousity but 
English is not my native language so I translated this into Dutch as 
well using this format/syntax.

I would suggest to change it to: "_To revert the spam attack, you can 
use the search box _to find a list of spammy pages. First enter a search 
string (eg. a spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are really 
spam and revert the edits." or something like that.

Wouter

--

-- 
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een
horloge, de koe vond van niet.  Ra-ra kameel politiepet.

Wouter Schoot | 8 Aug 22:40 2007

Re: Dutch translation

Hi,

/me again;

What I also notice is that the word dokuwik is spelled using Dokuwiki, 
dokuwiki and DokuWiki all mixed up. What's the preferred way? I, for 
now, just copy the exact syntax from the English version, which may not 
be the most consisent one. Any thougts?

Wouter

--

-- 
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een
horloge, de koe vond van niet.  Ra-ra kameel politiepet.

Felipe Castro | 8 Aug 23:00 2007
Picon

Re: Dutch translation

Hi, just guessing:

I'd rather use all them as Dokuwiki.

Felipe Castro

2007/8/8, Wouter Schoot <wouter@...>:
> Hi,
>
> /me again;
>
> What I also notice is that the word dokuwik is spelled using Dokuwiki,
> dokuwiki and DokuWiki all mixed up. What's the preferred way? I, for
> now, just copy the exact syntax from the English version, which may not
> be the most consisent one. Any thougts?
>
> Wouter

Andreas Gohr | 8 Aug 23:46 2007

Re: Dutch translation

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:00:38 -0300
"Felipe Castro" <fefcas@...> wrote:

> Hi, just guessing:
> 
> I'd rather use all them as Dokuwiki.

Even, though DokuWiki does not use CamelCase by default, the name is
a typical CamelCase wiki name, so "DokuWiki" is the correct spelling.

Andi

--

-- 
http://www.splitbrain.org
Andreas Gohr | 8 Aug 23:56 2007

Re: Dutch translation

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:34:19 +0200
Wouter Schoot <wouter@...> wrote:

> While translating this file, I stumbled upon:
> 
> "To find a list of spammy pages first enter a search string (eg. a
> spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are really spam and
> revert the edits."
> 
> This states somehow that to find a LIST, you need to enter a search 
> string, confirm and revert, however, this process restores the pages, 
> instead of just giving you a list. I find it a bit of a curiousity
> but English is not my native language so I translated this into Dutch
> as well using this format/syntax.
> 
> I would suggest to change it to: "_To revert the spam attack, you can 
> use the search box _to find a list of spammy pages. First enter a
> search string (eg. a spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are
> really spam and revert the edits." or something like that.

I'm not a native english speaker either... are others confused by the
original text as well? Does it need fixing?

Andi

--

-- 
http://www.splitbrain.org
Guy Brand | 9 Aug 11:49 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: Dutch translation

On 08 August at 23:56, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> > "To find a list of spammy pages first enter a search string (eg. a
> > spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are really spam and
> > revert the edits."
> > 
> > This states somehow that to find a LIST, you need to enter a search 
> > string, confirm and revert, however, this process restores the pages, 
> > instead of just giving you a list. I find it a bit of a curiousity
> > but English is not my native language so I translated this into Dutch
> > as well using this format/syntax.
> > 
> > I would suggest to change it to: "_To revert the spam attack, you can 
> > use the search box _to find a list of spammy pages. First enter a
> > search string (eg. a spam URL), then confirm that the found pages are
> > really spam and revert the edits." or something like that.
> 
> I'm not a native english speaker either... are others confused by the
> original text as well? Does it need fixing?

  Hi,

  The revert plugin is there to... revert a spam attack, so I don't
  really see why this would have to be repeated in the page. The
  original text is ok for me.

--

-- 
  bug

(Continue reading)


Gmane