Martin Mewes | 5 Dec 10:39 2005
Picon

[webmin-devel] [FAQ] Webmin/Usermin/Virtualmin - On the fly updates

######################################################################

History:
--------
01.12.2005
Webmin-Version 1.250 released as stable
Usermin-Version 1.180 released as stable
Virtualmin-Development-Version 2.609 released

29.11.2005
Webmin-Development-Version 1.249 released
Usermin-Development-Version 1.179 released

03.05.2005
Virtualmin-Version 2.60 released as stable

######################################################################

Current Stable Release for Webmin is 1.250
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250.tar.gz
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250-1.noarch.rpm
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250-minimal.tar.gz

Current Development Release for Webmin is 1.250
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250.tar.gz

Current Stable Release for Usermin is 1.180
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/usermin-1.180.tar.gz
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/usermin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm

(Continue reading)

Mr Duck | 8 Dec 23:52 2005

[webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, adding popup "select users" list

All,

   I am a perl programmer, and am making some modifications
to the mailboxes/Read User Mail module, which I use to keep
an eye on virus and SPAM activity for the company for which
I work.

   Anyway, I've already implemented a few changes including
configuration options for these changes, but there is one
more than I want to add, and am not sure how to add the
proper/correct config options to make it happen.

   Basically, I want to provide a listing of usernames that
will _not_ be listed in the Read User Mail user list.  For example,
there is no reason to show the uucp user or the games user
or the users for the different daemons that this server runs.
So, I want to include them in a list that will be checked
when showing the users.

   What I would like in the config is to have a text box and
then a [ ... ] button that I can click which will pop up the
user selection popup window, which will populate the textbox.

   I know how to add the textbox item to the config settings,
and I know how to program the mailboxes_lib.pl file to ignore
users in the list, but I don't know how to implement the
system userlist popup button.

   Is this clear?  Is there a way to do this from within a
config option?
(Continue reading)

Jamie Cameron | 9 Dec 01:07 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, adding popup "select users" list

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 09:52, Mr Duck wrote:
> All,
> 
>    I am a perl programmer, and am making some modifications
> to the mailboxes/Read User Mail module, which I use to keep
> an eye on virus and SPAM activity for the company for which
> I work.
> 
>    Anyway, I've already implemented a few changes including
> configuration options for these changes, but there is one
> more than I want to add, and am not sure how to add the
> proper/correct config options to make it happen.
> 
>    Basically, I want to provide a listing of usernames that
> will _not_ be listed in the Read User Mail user list.  For example,
> there is no reason to show the uucp user or the games user
> or the users for the different daemons that this server runs.
> So, I want to include them in a list that will be checked
> when showing the users.

That's a good idea for a feature..

>    What I would like in the config is to have a text box and
> then a [ ... ] button that I can click which will pop up the
> user selection popup window, which will populate the textbox.
> 
>    I know how to add the textbox item to the config settings,
> and I know how to program the mailboxes_lib.pl file to ignore
> users in the list, but I don't know how to implement the
> system userlist popup button.
(Continue reading)

Mr Duck | 9 Dec 21:20 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, adding popup "select users" list

Jamie Cameron wrote:
>>   Basically, I want to provide a listing of usernames that
>>will _not_ be listed in the Read User Mail user list.  For example,
> That's a good idea for a feature..

   Thanks!  I wasn't expecting a reply from you directly... (=
I use this module (mailboxes) more than anything else, and so
the types of changes that I mentioned are very beneficial to me.
  I would think that others might find them as useful, too.

> The only way to do this is to implement your own custom config field
> type, which is documented at http://www.webmin.com/modules-config.html
> in the section on config type 15.

   Ok, I've been experimenting, and have a pretty good understanding
of what is needed.  I've already added the config.info entries to
implement the three items, including the type 15 for the userlist.
I've written a working config_info.pl sub that handles the actual
user selection, which all was easy to implement, thanks to the
flexibility of the webmin layout.

   The only part that is giving me troubles is when it comes to the
save part.  I don't quite follow what this means:
-----------------------
When saving, a function with parse_ is called instead. It can make use 
of the %in hash to find out what the user entered, and must return a new 
value for this module configuration setting.
-----------------------

   The part that specifically confuses me is the "new value" stuff
(Continue reading)

Jamie Cameron | 9 Dec 22:50 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, addingpopup "select users" list

On 10/Dec/2005 07:20 Mr Duck wrote ..
> Jamie Cameron wrote:
> >>   Basically, I want to provide a listing of usernames that
> >>will _not_ be listed in the Read User Mail user list.  For example,
> > That's a good idea for a feature..
> 
>    Thanks!  I wasn't expecting a reply from you directly... (=
> I use this module (mailboxes) more than anything else, and so
> the types of changes that I mentioned are very beneficial to me.
>   I would think that others might find them as useful, too.

I agree .. there are heaps of system users like bin, uucp, etc.. that
will never have mail.

> > The only way to do this is to implement your own custom config field
> > type, which is documented at http://www.webmin.com/modules-config.html
> > in the section on config type 15.
> 
>    Ok, I've been experimenting, and have a pretty good understanding
> of what is needed.  I've already added the config.info entries to
> implement the three items, including the type 15 for the userlist.
> I've written a working config_info.pl sub that handles the actual
> user selection, which all was easy to implement, thanks to the
> flexibility of the webmin layout.
> 
>    The only part that is giving me troubles is when it comes to the
> save part.  I don't quite follow what this means:
> -----------------------
> When saving, a function with parse_ is called instead. It can make use
> of the %in hash to find out what the user entered, and must return a new
(Continue reading)

Mr Duck | 9 Dec 23:05 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, addingpopup "select users" list

Jamie Cameron wrote:
> That looks OK to me. What does the show__userIgnoreList function contain
> though?

   It's pretty straight-forward.

----CODE----

sub show_userIgnoreList
{
   my($preta)  = '<TEXTAREA NAME="ignore_users" COLS="35" ROWS="4">';
   my($postta) = '</TEXTAREA>';

   return
       $preta .
       $config{'ignore_users'} .
       $postta .
       '&nbsp;' .
       &user_chooser_button("ignore_users", 1);
}

----END-----

   I have noticed in the interim that the webmin/conf/mailboxes/config
file does get updated when I save changes using the previously given
parse_ function.  However, the webmin/mailboxes/config file does not.

   As of this point, I don't know the different between the two.

Mr Duck
(Continue reading)

Jamie Cameron | 10 Dec 09:21 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, addingpopup"select users" list

On 10/Dec/2005 09:05 Mr Duck wrote ..
> Jamie Cameron wrote:
> > That looks OK to me. What does the show__userIgnoreList function contain
> > though?
> 
>    It's pretty straight-forward.
> 
> ----CODE----
> 
> sub show_userIgnoreList
> {
>    my($preta)  = '<TEXTAREA NAME="ignore_users" COLS="35" ROWS="4">';
>    my($postta) = '</TEXTAREA>';
> 
>    return
>        $preta .
>        $config{'ignore_users'} .
>        $postta .
>        '&nbsp;' .
>        &user_chooser_button("ignore_users", 1);
> }
> 
> ----END-----

I have one suggestion here - change the $config{'ignore_users'} to $_[0]

>    I have noticed in the interim that the webmin/conf/mailboxes/config
> file does get updated when I save changes using the previously given
> parse_ function.  However, the webmin/mailboxes/config file does not.
> 
(Continue reading)

Mr Duck | 13 Dec 16:40 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, addingpopup"select users" list

Jamie Cameron wrote:
>>   return
>>       $preta .
>>       $config{'ignore_users'} .
>>       $postta .
>>       '&nbsp;' .
>>       &user_chooser_button("ignore_users", 1);
> I have one suggestion here - change the $config{'ignore_users'} to $_[0]

   OK.  I did so, and it works now. (= When I originally implemented
the function, I had it displaying all values to  <at> _ to see if anything
was passed in, but since I didn't have a value yet, nothing was shown,
and I mistakenly assumed that nothing was passed in.  Slap my hand!
(=

   Anyway, it works now, and splendidly I must say.  AFAIK, these changes
satisfy your given requirements of "well written, don't break anything,
and optional".

   The only thing that I _don't_ have, however, is multi-language
config.info files. (=

   Is there anything else that you suggest I do/check/examine/etc
before I pass the patches and stuff on to you?

   Thanks!

Mr Duck

-------------------------------------------------------
(Continue reading)

Jamie Cameron | 13 Dec 23:47 2005

Re: [webmin-devel] making config change to existing module, addingpopup"selectusers" list

On 14/Dec/2005 02:40 Mr Duck wrote ..
> Jamie Cameron wrote:
> >>   return
> >>       $preta .
> >>       $config{'ignore_users'} .
> >>       $postta .
> >>       '&nbsp;' .
> >>       &user_chooser_button("ignore_users", 1);
> > I have one suggestion here - change the $config{'ignore_users'} to $_[0]
> 
>    OK.  I did so, and it works now. (= When I originally implemented

Excellent!

> the function, I had it displaying all values to  <at> _ to see if anything
> was passed in, but since I didn't have a value yet, nothing was shown,
> and I mistakenly assumed that nothing was passed in.  Slap my hand!
> (=
> 
>    Anyway, it works now, and splendidly I must say.  AFAIK, these changes
> satisfy your given requirements of "well written, don't break anything,
> and optional".
> 
>    The only thing that I _don't_ have, however, is multi-language
> config.info files. (=

I wouldn't worry too much .. Webmin will just display the english text
if no translation exists in the user's language.

>    Is there anything else that you suggest I do/check/examine/etc
(Continue reading)

mm | 1 Jan 00:01 2006
Picon

[webmin-devel] [FAQ] Webmin/Usermin - Translation - Monthly HOWTO

######################################################################
Webmin/Usermin - Translation - Monthly HOWTO
Webmin Translation Team - Last changed: 05.12.2005
Sent with Usermin's "Scheduled Mail"-Module
######################################################################

History:
--------
01.12.2005
Webmin-Version 1.250 released as stable
Usermin-Version 1.180 released as stable
Virtualmin-Development-Version 2.609 released

29.11.2005
Webmin-Development-Version 1.249 released
Usermin-Development-Version 1.179 released

03.05.2005
Virtualmin-Version 2.60 released as stable

######################################################################

Current Stable Release for Webmin is 1.250
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250.tar.gz
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250-1.noarch.rpm
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250-minimal.tar.gz

Current Development Release for Webmin is 1.250
http://webmin.mamemu.de/devel/tarballs/webmin-1.250.tar.gz

(Continue reading)


Gmane