Christopher Bowler | 4 Sep 00:44 2011
Picon

Can I do this with curl - bind ip to ssl connection

Hi Ive been using this to bind an ip and make an ssl connection

$sourceip = 'xx.xx.xx.xx'; //IP to bind
$sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, SOL_TCP);
socket_bind($sock, $sourceip);
socket_connect($sock, 'dac.nic.uk', 3043);

Which works great , but now I need to connect to 
ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk:700 ie

socket_connect($sock, 'ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk', 700);

This however does not work as socket_bind does not understand ssl://

Can I use curl to do this?

_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Daniel Stenberg | 4 Sep 16:00 2011
Picon

Re: Can I do this with curl - bind ip to ssl connection

On Sat, 3 Sep 2011, Christopher Bowler wrote:

> Hi Ive been using this to bind an ip and make an ssl connection
>
> Can I use curl to do this?

Yes, you can bind curl's local end to a specific interface (and optionally 
also port number).

--

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Christopher Bowler | 10 Sep 20:15 2011
Picon

curl and ssl:// address

Hi when use

curl --interface xx.xx.xx.xx -s testbed-epp.nominet.org.uk:8700

This works fine, but if I do

curl --interface xx.xx.xx.xx -s ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk:700

This fails.  The first url is the testbed and I need to connect to the 
production server at the ssl:// address.

I have curl and ssl compiled "cURL Information libcurl/7.21.6 
OpenSSL/1.0.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18"

and if I do

curl --interface xx.xx.xx.xx -s https://www.escrow.com

That works ok so https:// works but not ssl://
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Daniel Stenberg | 10 Sep 20:45 2011
Picon

Re: curl and ssl:// address

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Christopher Bowler wrote:

> This works fine, but if I do
>
> curl --interface xx.xx.xx.xx -s ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk:700

ssl:// is not a valid protocol prefix in URLs and not one that curl supports.

--

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Daniel Stenberg | 19 Sep 09:22 2011
Picon

a curl meetup at Fosdem

Hi friends,

I hope to arrange a gettogether of curl and libcurl hackers at Fosdem 2012 
(4-5 Febrary). I think perhaps people from the PHP/CURL community might be 
interested.

My imagined audience would include:

  libcurl application users/authors
  libcurl binding hackers
  libcurl contributors
  ... and anyone doing related activities or who just is interested

Potential subjects to discuss at such a meeting:

  what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?
  what's the least documented/understood parts of libcurl?
  are there shared problems libcurl bindings have to solve?
  what kind of beer is best at a curl meetup?
  [fill in your own curl related subject]

I would like at least 4-5 people voicing interest for this to be worthwhile for 
me to actually try to do anything.

If you think this sounds like a good idea, please speak up. Possibly including 
something what you'd like to do or hear at such an event.

This is also mentioned here:

   http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2011/09/15/curl-meetup-at-fosdem-2012/
(Continue reading)

- RaZVy* | 26 Sep 17:33 2011
Picon

Passing swf flash vars using curl?

Hello. Is it possible to pass flash vars to a swf file using curl? 
I tried with 
<?php
   header("content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash" );
  $url = "http://mywebiste.com/videoPlayer.swf?settingsFile=st.xml"; 
  $ch = curl_init(); 
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); 
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

  $result = curl_exec($ch); 

  curl_close($ch);
  echo $result; 
?> 
Also tried with post fields stil it didn't work. I tried the above with a php file that reads the videoPlayer.php and the same result. 
Dose anybody know the answer?Thanks
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php
Bartłomiej Blicharski | 26 Sep 22:32 2011
Picon

Re: Passing swf flash vars using curl?

if you send vars from server to server swf, you cannot see that in swf instance on the client side

2011/9/26 - RaZVy* <razvy_402 <at> yahoo.com>
Hello. Is it possible to pass flash vars to a swf file using curl? 
I tried with 
<?php
   header("content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash" );
  $ch = curl_init(); 
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); 
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

  $result = curl_exec($ch); 

  curl_close($ch);
  echo $result; 
?> 
Also tried with post fields stil it didn't work. I tried the above with a php file that reads the videoPlayer.php and the same result. 
Dose anybody know the answer?Thanks

_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php


_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php
Dshah | 27 Sep 13:07 2011
Picon

Re: a curl meetup at Fosdem

Hello Sir, i would like to point a very big feature which i can achieve with repeating loops but i wish it could be implemented in libcurl library,

Q:what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?
A:  if i have to process let's assume 100 sites to post my thread on a vbulletin based site, i am sending it as a batch of 10 sites in multi curl, each site have to process 3 requests, first it process login page, then process open thread and third process post thread for those 10 sites using multi curl, when those 10 sites are finished it move to next 10. 

I wish if you can add a feature so we can send those 3 requests at same time (login,open thread page to get security tokens, post thread) so we can build those 3 requests in one execution. it will save a lot of time and make it more multithreaded.

Thanks you for reading.
Regards



On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se> wrote:
Hi friends,

I hope to arrange a gettogether of curl and libcurl hackers at Fosdem 2012 (4-5 Febrary). I think perhaps people from the PHP/CURL community might be interested.

My imagined audience would include:

 libcurl application users/authors
 libcurl binding hackers
 libcurl contributors
 ... and anyone doing related activities or who just is interested

Potential subjects to discuss at such a meeting:

 what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?
 what's the least documented/understood parts of libcurl?
 are there shared problems libcurl bindings have to solve?
 what kind of beer is best at a curl meetup?
 [fill in your own curl related subject]

I would like at least 4-5 people voicing interest for this to be worthwhile for me to actually try to do anything.

If you think this sounds like a good idea, please speak up. Possibly including something what you'd like to do or hear at such an event.

This is also mentioned here:

 http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2011/09/15/curl-meetup-at-fosdem-2012/

--

 / daniel.haxx.se
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php
Daniel Stenberg | 27 Sep 22:50 2011
Picon

Re: a curl meetup at Fosdem

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011, Dshah wrote:

> Q:what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?

> A:  if i have to process let's assume 100 sites to post my thread on a 
> vbulletin based site, i am sending it as a batch of 10 sites in multi curl, 
> each site have to process 3 requests, first it process login page, then 
> process open thread and third process post thread for those 10 sites using 
> multi curl, when those 10 sites are finished it move to next 10.
>
> I wish if you can add a feature so we can send those 3 requests at same time 
> (login,open thread page to get security tokens, post thread) so we can build 
> those 3 requests in one execution. it will save a lot of time and make it 
> more multithreaded.

Thanks for your feedback, but...

First, libcurl is not multithreaded at all.

Then, I don't see why libcurl would bother with what you're asking for. You 
can easily write a glue layer on top that does any number of requests in any 
chosen fancy way and offer that to applications. I see no reason at all to add 
such features to libcurl.

--

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Dshah | 28 Sep 23:06 2011
Picon

Re: a curl meetup at Fosdem

Thank you very much sir for your kind reply, 


I am sure you are very busy but your 1 minute can solve my puzzle which i am struggling from last 6 months, here is an example of class i am using, 

it is processing X sites at one time, so if i have 25 sites in $postsites array and i set $maxSitesToProcess to 10, it will open call1 to 10 sites, then call2 to open thread and then call3 to post on 10 sites, i cant find any solution to this to request those 3 calls in one layer and limit sites to process in one loop, i asked some other developers and they said i cant so that's why i requested you this feature. here is my class with example at last lines:


Thanks again for reading my msg, i am glad i was able to contact you sir, you name will remain in history :)

Best Regards

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011, Dshah wrote:

Q:what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?

A:  if i have to process let's assume 100 sites to post my thread on a vbulletin based site, i am sending it as a batch of 10 sites in multi curl, each site have to process 3 requests, first it process login page, then process open thread and third process post thread for those 10 sites using multi curl, when those 10 sites are finished it move to next 10.

I wish if you can add a feature so we can send those 3 requests at same time (login,open thread page to get security tokens, post thread) so we can build those 3 requests in one execution. it will save a lot of time and make it more multithreaded.

Thanks for your feedback, but...

First, libcurl is not multithreaded at all.

Then, I don't see why libcurl would bother with what you're asking for. You can easily write a glue layer on top that does any number of requests in any chosen fancy way and offer that to applications. I see no reason at all to add such features to libcurl.


--

 / daniel.haxx.se
_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-php

Gmane