CURL minor Win32 fixes
matthew b <mb7oo <at> hotmail.com>
2003-01-03 04:55:18 GMT
I've been using libcurl for a bit longer. Drove myself nuts for a while with
some trivial errors in my code, but now everything seems to be stable, I'm
happy. While debugging I ran into a few problems.
1. On Windows, the debug dll doesn't have symbols. A simple change to the
makefile will write out a symbol file. The lflagssl line was also missing in
one place. Diff below.
This will change two things: the DLL gets slightly larger (add /opt:ref
/opt:noicf to the link command line to turn the 'throw away useless stuff'
options back on) and a PDB file gets generated with all the symbolic
information a debugger needs.
2. When verbose mode is on, reconnects caused a crash (dereferencing a null
pointer). This looks fixed in 7.10.3-pre3.
3. On Windows, you can't pass a FILE * across DLL boundaries as noted
elsewhere. Unfortunately, this seems to be the ony way you can change
CURLOPT_STDERR. Is there another way? If not, a new new option passing a
filenames (then open the file "a+") would be cool, or better make sure
everything goes through CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION (not quite everything does).
4. On Windows, main.c 7.10pre3 won't build because of some missing unix APIs
in create_dir_hierarchy. I 'fixed' the build with some win32 code but
haven't tested it; if you're interested let me know (and what I should do to
test it.). I haven't tested the new build at all yet.
5. The base64 decoding fix has some tabs in it from my stupid editor; I