Daniel Stenberg | 1 Dec 10:31 2004
Picon

Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 DBSMITH <at> ohiohealth.com wrote:

> When I go to run configure everything passes, but when I do a make test it 
> fails on the perl Socket module.  I verified my  <at> INC ( include array ) and 
> all libraries are present as below:

Well, this is just a problem with the test suite and perl.

I don't know why you don't have the Socket module as I believe that is a 
standard one in perl.

You can probably just ignore the tests and go using curl right away instead.

--

-- 
      Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

DBSMITH | 1 Dec 15:48 2004

Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile


ok, I will continue.  Thank you!  But I do have that module loaded and I suppose I could reload it???  Considering my error logs,  will I still be able to use cURL for ssl ftp transfers?

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams




Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se>
Sent by: curl-users-bounces <at> cool.haxx.se

12/01/2004 04:31 AM
Please respond to curl tool talk

       
        To:        curl tool talk <curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se>
        cc:        
        Subject:        Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile



On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 DBSMITH <at> ohiohealth.com wrote:

> When I go to run configure everything passes, but when I do a make test it
> fails on the perl Socket module.  I verified my <at> INC ( include array ) and
> all libraries are present as below:

Well, this is just a problem with the test suite and perl.

I don't know why you don't have the Socket module as I believe that is a
standard one in perl.

You can probably just ignore the tests and go using curl right away instead.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
      Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html


Daniel Stenberg | 1 Dec 15:54 2004
Picon

Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 DBSMITH <at> ohiohealth.com wrote:

> ok, I will continue.  Thank you!  But I do have that module loaded and I
> suppose I could reload it???

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. What module? Reload what into 
what?

Are you talking about the curl binding for PHP here?

> Considering my error logs, will I still be able to use cURL for ssl ftp 
> transfers?

I don't know. What error logs and what do they say?

--

-- 
      Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

DBSMITH | 1 Dec 16:00 2004

Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile


reloasd the Socket module.  Did you look at the logs from the originaly email???  This is where the logs are!!!

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams
614-566-4145



Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se>
Sent by: curl-users-bounces <at> cool.haxx.se

12/01/2004 09:54 AM
Please respond to curl tool talk

       
        To:        curl tool talk <curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se>
        cc:        
        Subject:        Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile



On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 DBSMITH <at> ohiohealth.com wrote:

> ok, I will continue.  Thank you!  But I do have that module loaded and I
> suppose I could reload it???

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. What module? Reload what into
what?

Are you talking about the curl binding for PHP here?

> Considering my error logs, will I still be able to use cURL for ssl ftp
> transfers?

I don't know. What error logs and what do they say?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
      Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html


Daniel Stenberg | 1 Dec 16:15 2004
Picon

Re: cURL 7.11.1 and 7.12 .2 AIX 5.2 manual build and compile

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 DBSMITH <at> ohiohealth.com wrote:

> reloasd the Socket module.

What does reloading the Socket module mean? Your failure was caused by the 
fact that the Socket module wasn't find by the perl ftp server. You need to 
install it or fix the paths so that the program can use the Socket module.

I don't see how that is "reloading". But perhaps I'm just using different 
words for the same thing.

> Did you look at the logs from the originaly email???

No. I didn't find a need to: you said curl built fine.

--

-- 
      Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

eric bioul | 1 Dec 18:12 2004
Picon

new line in command promt

ellow,

I'm playing with curl for my first time, please be gentle ;-)

Q: I want to post some data with new lines in using a "command prompt"

ex:
[Command Promp]
c:/ curl.exe  -d "ammaai kroket das moeilijk!" www.google.com

this posts just 1 line

post www.google.com
content length=150
...
connection=keep alive
amaai kroket das moeilijk

But what should I do when needing this?

post www.google.com
content length=150
...
connection=keep alive
amaai kroket [enter or new line]
[enter or new line]
das moeilijk

******************************

Does anyone know the answer or a place where I can find this sollution?

Thx in advance for helping and keep up the good work!!

Eric Bioul

_________________________________________________________________
Op zoek naar een soulmate? 
http://match.msn.be/match/mt.cfm?pg=channel&tcid=216657

Jim Napier | 1 Dec 18:19 2004

Re: curl 7.12.2 compile fail on Mac OS X

Just wanted to follow up with the solution on this topic. The problem is 
that despite using all the right configuration, compile, and linking 
options to try and utilize my statically built OpenSSL, the compiler on the 
Mac will dynamically link in system libs it finds first no matter what 
options you specify. What's worse is that it will do this silently and you 
can't tell it's happening by looking at the output of your compilation. In 
the Mac OS X world they apparently want to force dynamically linking this 
way. There is a hack to get around this. I would only advise using it if 
you're quite familiar with the implications if you do it wrong. What I did 
was to move the symbolic links /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 
/usr/lib/libk5crypto.dylib, and /usr/lib/libssl.dylib and saved them 
somewhere else. Moving the links prevents ld from finding the dynamic libs 
they point to but allows other programs that are compiled to use those 
dynamic libs to continue to function. If you want to be sure you don't link 
dynamically at all you could also move and save the actual libs the 
symbolic links point to at the risk of causing some malfunction on your 
machine (I did this because I was the only user on the machine I was 
compiling on). Once you have built Curl you should use otool to check the 
curl binary and make sure you didn't accidently dynamically link something 
you didn't intend. Then restore the symbolic links in /usr/lib that you moved.

Jim Napier

Daniel Stenberg | 1 Dec 20:17 2004
Picon

Re: new line in command promt

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, eric bioul wrote:

> But what should I do when needing this?
>
> post www.google.com
> content length=150
> ...
> connection=keep alive
> amaai kroket [enter or new line]
> [enter or new line]
> das moeilijk
>
> Does anyone know the answer or a place where I can find this sollution?

If you *really* want a newline in the data, perhaps your shell supports 
something like

   curl -d "line1\nline2" [URL]

Or you can create a file with all the post data and you post it with

   curl --data-binary  <at> filename [URL]

BUT note that -d post data is supposed to be "URL-encoded" already. The 
receiving end will decode %XX-codes. Thus, you can provide a newline with %0a 
and a carriage return (should you want that) with %0d. Like:

   curl -d "line1%0dline2" [URL]

--

-- 
      Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Eric Bioul | 1 Dec 23:12 2004
Picon

Re: new line in command promt

thx for the fast response!!
goodnight

Eric

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se>
To: "curl tool talk" <curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: new line in command promt

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, eric bioul wrote:
>
> > But what should I do when needing this?
> >
> > post www.google.com
> > content length=150
> > ...
> > connection=keep alive
> > amaai kroket [enter or new line]
> > [enter or new line]
> > das moeilijk
> >
> > Does anyone know the answer or a place where I can find this sollution?
>
> If you *really* want a newline in the data, perhaps your shell supports
> something like
>
>    curl -d "line1\nline2" [URL]
>
> Or you can create a file with all the post data and you post it with
>
>    curl --data-binary  <at> filename [URL]
>
> BUT note that -d post data is supposed to be "URL-encoded" already. The
> receiving end will decode %XX-codes. Thus, you can provide a newline with
%0a
> and a carriage return (should you want that) with %0d. Like:
>
>    curl -d "line1%0dline2" [URL]
>
> -- 
>       Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
>        Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html
>

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.804 / Virus Database: 546 - Release Date: 30/11/2004

David Gordon | 1 Dec 22:58 2004

curl and asp

Hi,

Can curl be used to execute a jsp command?  I can't get this command to
run:

curl -u username:password -o test.html
http://www.absnet.net/Website/deals/classview.asp?tab=browsedeals&DealID=11271&BrowseType=CollateralTypes&AssetClass=hq&FileName=Morgan+Stanley+Capital+I+Inc%2E&classname=B%2D1&cid=277977

Thanks for your time.

**********************************************************************
This e-mail message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. The message
 may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Disclosure to
anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not disseminate, distribute or copy this
communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail (including the original message with your reply) and then delete
and discard all copies of the message.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses
 but nevertheless advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any
attachment to  this  message.  We  accept  no  liability  for any loss or damage
 caused by software viruses.
**********************************************************************


Gmane