Rudiger Wolf | 1 Sep 09:58 2010
Picon

Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?

Hi

Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?

Thanks
Rudi
Juan J. Martínez | 1 Sep 10:00 2010
Picon

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?


El mié, 01-09-2010 a las 08:58 +0100, Rudiger Wolf escribió:
> Hi
> 
> Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?

Hello,

Check this:

http://www.cherokee-project.com/cherokee-domain-list.html

Cheers,

Juanjo

--

-- 
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
blackshell: http://blackshell.usebox.net/
 ramble on: http://rambleon.usebox.net/

_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:00:32 +0200
"Juan J." Martínez <reidrac <at> usebox.net> wrote:

> 
> El mié, 01-09-2010 a las 08:58 +0100, Rudiger Wolf escribió:
> > Hi
> > 
> > Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Check this:
> 
> http://www.cherokee-project.com/cherokee-domain-list.html

mmm, Is it really a good idea the layout of that page? The last 40-50
domains are mostly unreadable. Perhaps a layout with domains spread in
multiple columns (like, say 3-4) with one of the columns highlighted
for really (and I say *really*) well-known domains (the one on the left
for example).

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think the actual layout is "fair" with
everyone.

> Cheers,
> 
> Juanjo
> 
> -- 
> jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
(Continue reading)

Yo'av Moshe | 1 Sep 10:21 2010
Picon

Re: Help with complex subdomain redirect

Hey,
I'm trying to solve this using the new ${host} macro and I'm getting pretty close, but I still need your help.

I'm just learning how to use RE, and this is what I came up with:

1 - Creating a behavior rule based on host which is not my main domain
2 - Using a redirection handler with it.
3 - Choosing internal redirection.
4 - using this RE: ^/(.*)$ -> maindomain.com/${host}/$1

This seems to work fine, but ${host} gives me the whole hostname obviously.

How can I cut just the first part of it, before the dot? (something like host.split('.')[0] in python)

I Hope I was clear...

Thank you!

Yo'av

2010/4/14 Yo'av Moshe <bjesus <at> gmail.com>
Sure, done.

Thank you!

Yo'av

2010/4/14 Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro <at> octality.com>

Hello Yo'av,

On 11/04/2010, at 12:04, Yo'av Moshe wrote:

> I want to create an internal redirection based on the subdomain, like this:
>
> blabla.somedomain.org.il/some/stuff -> somedomain.org.il/blabla/some/stuff
> another.somedomain.org.il -> somedomain.org.il/another
> somedomain.org.il -> somedomain.org.il/somedomain
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

I'm afraid that sort of redirection cannot be performed at the moment. However, it does sound like something we should get soon into Cherokee before the version 1.0 - scheduled for May 7th.

Could you please log a RFE for this?

 http://bugs.cherokee-project.com/new

--
Octality
http://www.octality.com/



--
Yo'av Moshe


--
Yo'av Moshe
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
Alvaro Lopez Ortega | 1 Sep 10:35 2010

Re: Help with complex subdomain redirect

Hello there,

On 01/09/2010, at 10:21, Yo'av Moshe wrote:

> I'm trying to solve this using the new ${host} macro and I'm getting pretty close, but I still need your help.
> 
> I'm just learning how to use RE, and this is what I came up with:
> 
> 1 - Creating a behavior rule based on host which is not my main domain
> 2 - Using a redirection handler with it.
> 3 - Choosing internal redirection.
> 4 - using this RE: ^/(.*)$ -> maindomain.com/${host}/$1
> 
> This seems to work fine, but ${host} gives me the whole hostname obviously.
> 
> How can I cut just the first part of it, before the dot? (something like host.split('.')[0] in python)

Currently strings can be sliced, but I'm afraid there is no way to split() them.

It's documented at the end of this page:

  http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/config_virtual_servers_evhost.html

What new variables would you need, BTW?

Cheers,

--
Octality
http://www.octality.com/
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin | 1 Sep 12:11 2010
Picon

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?

yes,it is necessary to check those websites for available.

Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China)

2010/9/1 Francisco de Borja Lopez Rio <wu <at> e-shell.org>:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:00:32 +0200
> "Juan J." Martínez <reidrac <at> usebox.net> wrote:
>
>>
>> El mié, 01-09-2010 a las 08:58 +0100, Rudiger Wolf escribió:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Check this:
>>
>> http://www.cherokee-project.com/cherokee-domain-list.html
>
> mmm, Is it really a good idea the layout of that page? The last 40-50
> domains are mostly unreadable. Perhaps a layout with domains spread in
> multiple columns (like, say 3-4) with one of the columns highlighted
> for really (and I say *really*) well-known domains (the one on the left
> for example).
>
> Just my 2 cents, but I don't think the actual layout is "fair" with
> everyone.
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Juanjo
>>
>> --
>> jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
>> blackshell: http://blackshell.usebox.net/
>>  ramble on: http://rambleon.usebox.net/
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Cherokee mailing list
>> Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
>> http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
>
>
> --
>
> "Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." - Miyamoto Musashi
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Francisco de Borja Lopez Rio <wu <at> e-shell.org>
> http://www.codigo23.net / http://www.e-shell.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cherokee mailing list
> Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
> http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
>
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
James Pearson | 1 Sep 21:21 2010
Picon

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?

2010/9/1 Juan J. <reidrac <at> usebox.net>

El mié, 01-09-2010 a las 08:58 +0100, Rudiger Wolf escribió:
> Hi
>
> Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?

Hello,

Check this:

http://www.cherokee-project.com/cherokee-domain-list.html

 Sites are sorted by popularity

How is popularity determined? Alexa?
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
Stefan de Konink | 1 Sep 21:23 2010
Picon

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?


Op 01-09-10 21:21, James Pearson schreef:
> How is popularity determined? Alexa?

Google Rank.

Stefan
Rafael Bonifaz | 1 Sep 21:41 2010
Picon

Re: Who uses Cherokee? List of reference sites running on Cherokee?

El 01/09/10 03:00, Juan J. Martínez escribió:
> 
> El mié, 01-09-2010 a las 08:58 +0100, Rudiger Wolf escribió:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a list of reference sites running on Cherokee?
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Check this:
> 
> http://www.cherokee-project.com/cherokee-domain-list.html
> 

It would be nice if the domains listed there also link the sites ;).

Regards,

Rafael

_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee
Yo'av Moshe | 2 Sep 12:24 2010
Picon

Re: Help with complex subdomain redirect

um, maybe something like parts of the hostname, counting from the last one, like this:


${hostpart0} == 'com'
${hostpart1} == 'maindomain'
${hostpart2} == 'subdomain2'
${hostpart3} == 'subdomain1'
${hostpart4} == None

I'm not sure, maybe that's too specific to my needs. Maybe just ${subdomain} for the last subdomain ("subdomain1") is enough.

Do you think I can solve my problem using multiple redirections, like this:
sub.domain.com/hello -> domain.com/sub.domain.com/hello (using the RE I wrote before)

Would that be possible? I mean, can I create the new splitting mechanism using a new RE redirection?

Thank you.


2010/9/1 Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro <at> octality.com>
Hello there,

On 01/09/2010, at 10:21, Yo'av Moshe wrote:

> I'm trying to solve this using the new ${host} macro and I'm getting pretty close, but I still need your help.
>
> I'm just learning how to use RE, and this is what I came up with:
>
> 1 - Creating a behavior rule based on host which is not my main domain
> 2 - Using a redirection handler with it.
> 3 - Choosing internal redirection.
> 4 - using this RE: ^/(.*)$ -> maindomain.com/${host}/$1
>
> This seems to work fine, but ${host} gives me the whole hostname obviously.
>
> How can I cut just the first part of it, before the dot? (something like host.split('.')[0] in python)

Currently strings can be sliced, but I'm afraid there is no way to split() them.

It's documented at the end of this page:

 http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/config_virtual_servers_evhost.html

What new variables would you need, BTW?

Cheers,


--
Yo'av Moshe
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
Cherokee <at> lists.octality.com
http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee

Gmane