yh | 24 Feb 10:36 2008
Picon

Re: Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

On 2008-02-23 12:21+0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>Hi!
>
>yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I was previously installed MPlayer-1.0rc1, it worked fine until when I played
>with a new DVD movie, there
>> were errors and could not play with. As per
>> advised by the people from the list, I updated to MPlayer-1.0rc2. I
>> downloaded a source file, built it on my FC 5 without gui as I only use it
>> in a command line. When I play it, there was no video frame although the audio
>worked.
>> 
>> What could I be I missing?
>
>Possibly two things:
>The xv devel package for FC5.

Is the xv devel package included in RC2 source file? If not where
should I download from?

Since I can play with MPlayer-1.0rc1 before on the same machine, does
that mean that the requirement of xv devel package is only new to RC2?

>The hint that you should always post complete output of mplayer when posting to
>this list.

Here is the output:

$ mplayer -fs dvd://2
(Continue reading)

yh | 24 Feb 11:43 2008
Picon

Re: Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

On 2008-02-24 00:04+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 10:36, yh wrote:
>> On 2008-02-23 12:21+0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> >Hi!
>> >
>> >yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> >
>> >> I was previously installed MPlayer-1.0rc1, it worked fine until when I played
>> >with a new DVD movie, there
>> >> were errors and could not play with. As per
>> >> advised by the people from the list, I updated to MPlayer-1.0rc2. I
>> >> downloaded a source file, built it on my FC 5 without gui as I only use it
>> >> in a command line. When I play it, there was no video frame although the audio
>> >worked.
>> >> 
>> >> What could I be I missing?
>> >
>> >Possibly two things:
>> >The xv devel package for FC5.
>> 
>> Is the xv devel package included in RC2 source file? If not where
>> should I download from?
>
>Why would it be? It's something that comes with your distribution.
>yum install libXv-devel
>(as root) should do the trick. Also I recommend upgrading to at least F-7.
>FC5 is old and unsupported.
>
>> Since I can play with MPlayer-1.0rc1 before on the same machine, does
>> that mean that the requirement of xv devel package is only new to RC2?
(Continue reading)

Re: Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 11:43, yh wrote:
> On 2008-02-24 00:04+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 10:36, yh wrote:
> >> On 2008-02-23 12:21+0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >> >Hi!
> >> >
> >> >yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >> >
> >> >> I was previously installed MPlayer-1.0rc1, it worked fine until when I played
> >> >with a new DVD movie, there
> >> >> were errors and could not play with. As per
> >> >> advised by the people from the list, I updated to MPlayer-1.0rc2. I
> >> >> downloaded a source file, built it on my FC 5 without gui as I only use it
> >> >> in a command line. When I play it, there was no video frame although the audio
> >> >worked.
> >> >> 
> >> >> What could I be I missing?
> >> >
> >> >Possibly two things:
> >> >The xv devel package for FC5.
> >> 
> >> Is the xv devel package included in RC2 source file? If not where
> >> should I download from?
> >
> >Why would it be? It's something that comes with your distribution.
> >yum install libXv-devel
> >(as root) should do the trick. Also I recommend upgrading to at least F-7.
> >FC5 is old and unsupported.
> >
> >> Since I can play with MPlayer-1.0rc1 before on the same machine, does
(Continue reading)

yh | 24 Feb 13:22 2008
Picon

Re: Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

On 2008-02-24 01:19+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 11:43, yh wrote:
>> On 2008-02-24 00:04+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> >On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 10:36, yh wrote:
>> >> On 2008-02-23 12:21+0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> >> >Hi!
>> >> >
>> >> >yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> >> >
>> >> >> I was previously installed MPlayer-1.0rc1, it worked fine until when I played
>> >> >with a new DVD movie, there
>> >> >> were errors and could not play with. As per
>> >> >> advised by the people from the list, I updated to MPlayer-1.0rc2. I
>> >> >> downloaded a source file, built it on my FC 5 without gui as I only use it
>> >> >> in a command line. When I play it, there was no video frame although the audio
>> >> >worked.
>> >> >> 
>> >> >> What could I be I missing?
>> >> >
>> >> >Possibly two things:
>> >> >The xv devel package for FC5.
>> >> 
>> >> Is the xv devel package included in RC2 source file? If not where
>> >> should I download from?
>> >
>> >Why would it be? It's something that comes with your distribution.
>> >yum install libXv-devel
>> >(as root) should do the trick. Also I recommend upgrading to at least F-7.
>> >FC5 is old and unsupported.
>> >
(Continue reading)

yh | 24 Feb 14:22 2008
Picon

Re: Failed to play MPEG2 video

On 2008-02-10 17:17+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>On Sunday, 10 February 2008 at 10:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Hi!
>> 
>> yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> 
>> > $ mplayer -fs -ni -nobps -forceidx -mc 0  -nocache -vo x11 dvd://2
>> 
>> vo x11 is one of the slowest video out modes, don't use it.
>> I never needed forceidx with a dvd and I doubt ni and nobps make much sense.
>> 
>> > MPlayer 1.0rc1-Fedora-GS-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>> 
>> Please try latest svn (or at least rc2) before reporting problems.
>
>Looks like one of my old packages. Definitely needs an upgrade. ;)
>
>Regards,
>R.

I finally upgraded to rc2, but no luck, same problems. Any advice what
I can try next?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim
RVM | 24 Feb 03:30 2008
Picon

Re: OSD flickers with yadif=1

El Viernes, 22 de Febrero de 2008 11:22, Reimar Döffinger escribió:
> Or try -vo gl, I doubt it happens there (but if it does I will have
> a closer look).

I tried and it seems it doesn't flicker, but I have 3D acceleration disabled 
so it's extremely slow.

--

-- 
RVM
RVM | 24 Feb 03:47 2008
Picon

Re: OSD flickers with yadif=1

El Viernes, 22 de Febrero de 2008 09:39, Nico Sabbi escribió:
> On Friday 22 February 2008 03:20:25 RVM wrote:
> > If I use
> > mplayer video -vf yadif=1
> >
> > the OSD flickers a lot. Is there a way to fix it?
>
> add -correct-pts

It doesn't fix it either (and makes the audio out of sync).

At the end it seems it can be fixed with -vf yadif=1,expand=osd=1.

--

-- 
RVM
RVM | 24 Feb 03:27 2008
Picon

Re: OSD flickers with yadif=1

El Viernes, 22 de Febrero de 2008 08:56, Carl Eugen Hoyos escribió:
> Hi!
>
> RVM <rvm3000 <at> ya.com> writes:
> > If I use
> > mplayer video -vf yadif=1
> >
> > the OSD flickers a lot. Is there a way to fix it?
>
> Did you try mcdeint?

Do you mean -vf yadif=1,mcedit?

That's extremely slow, impossible to watch anything. And anyway it doesn't fix 
the flickering in the OSD.

--

-- 
RVM
Jan Schiefer | 24 Feb 11:29 2008
Picon
Picon

Re: [BUGREPORT] Crash when trying to play any *.flv file

Fixed in rev. 26079.

Greetings,
Jan Schiefer!
Carl Eugen Hoyos | 24 Feb 12:01 2008
Picon

Re: Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

Hi!

yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, the reason I have to upgrade the MPlayer from RC1 to RC2 is
> that I could not play a DVD movie, if I specify -fs, it repeats the
> same content in three columns. If I specify -fs and -vo x11, it fixs
> the three columns ghost, but the video frame is reduced to a small
> screen.

Again, you failed to provide full output of mplayer.

So let me guess: ./configure neither enabled gl nor xv, these are usually the
recommended vo's.
Please try:
make distclean
./configure
Read configure.log to find out what's missing to autodetect gl and/or xv support.
Install the missing devel libs and run configure again until gl and/or xv
support are enabled.
Compile.
Enjoy a working fast mplayer.

Carl Eugen

Gmane