Thomas Plank | 6 Nov 14:24 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: libmpdvdkit2: compile error

Diego Biurrun (diego <at> biurrun.de) wrote:

>>> Please try the attached patch.
>>
>> Well done, mplayer compiles again.

> OK, committed.

In the meantime, the next compile error occured.
I made a completely new SVN checkout of mplayer, then
./configure --disable-mencoder && make.

Please have a look at the attached file.
Simply adding -DWIN32 to the libdvdcss Makefile at the appropriate place
didn't help

Regards, Thomas
Attachment (error.zip): application/x-zip-compressed, 24 KiB
_______________________________________________
MPlayer-cygwin mailing list
MPlayer-cygwin <at> mplayerhq.hu
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-cygwin
Diego Biurrun | 6 Nov 17:22 2006
Picon

Re: libmpdvdkit2: compile error

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 02:24:28PM +0100, Thomas Plank wrote:
> Diego Biurrun (diego <at> biurrun.de) wrote:
> 
> >>> Please try the attached patch.
> >>
> >> Well done, mplayer compiles again.
> 
> > OK, committed.
> 
> In the meantime, the next compile error occured.
> I made a completely new SVN checkout of mplayer, then
> ./configure --disable-mencoder && make.
> 
> Please have a look at the attached file.
> Simply adding -DWIN32 to the libdvdcss Makefile at the appropriate place
> didn't help

I'm working on a solution together with upstream, please wait a few
days.

Diego
Nicklas Larsson | 7 Nov 09:05 2006
Picon

MPlayer on Windows CE

Hi,

has anyone experience on running MPlayer on a Windows CE device (and all the 
steps it takes to get there)?

Is there a related project for that?

Thank you!

// Nicklas

_________________________________________________________________
Chatta säkrare i Messenger http://www.msn.se/security/pcsafety/messenger/
Enzo | 10 Nov 19:27 2006

compiling x264 with mplayer w/o mingw

Dear cygwin-mplayers,

I tried to compile x264 and mplayer together under cygwin without
success. I took a look at the archives of this list and I understood
that other had the very same problem: x264 builds with mingw runtime,
which conflicts with a cygwin mplayer:
> I can explain this.  Under cygwin, x264 builds with mingw runtime.  So
> x264's references to stdio don't link with a cygwin app.  That's what
> the __imp___iob lines are referencing.
>
> Solutions:
>   1. configure x264, then remove all instances of -mno-cygwin from
>      config.mak before running make.
>   2. build both on mingw.
>   3. make MPlayer build on cygwin with mingw runtime.
>
> #1 is easy, #2 is not nice if you are very involved in your cygwin
> install, and #3 is maybe not that easy.

Now I tried Solution 1 and 2 with no success, while have no idea of how
to go for Soution 3. So I was wondering if you know of any x264
implementation that does not require mingw or if anybody here ever
removed these requirements from the x264 package.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and assistance

Cheers,

Enzo
(Continue reading)

Thomas Plank | 11 Nov 12:56 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: compiling x264 with mplayer w/o mingw

Enzo (v.deflorio <at> katamail.com) wrote:

> Dear cygwin-mplayers,

> I tried to compile x264 and mplayer together under cygwin without
> success. I took a look at the archives of this list and I understood
> that other had the very same problem: x264 builds with mingw runtime,
> which conflicts with a cygwin mplayer:

I succesfully compile x264 under *cygwin* and then mplayer.

My approach:

*) ./configure --enable-avis-input --enable-pthread

*) from config.h: delete two defines:
                         #define fseek fseeko64
                         #define ftell ftello64

*) from config.mak: delete -mno-cygwin
   (2 occurrencies, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS)

*) make

*) make install
--

-- 
mfg Thomas
wu xuebin | 12 Nov 20:45 2006
Picon

A problem when compiling 1.0rc1 in Mingw

Hi, my friends:)
I am a new comer to this mailing list.
I met with a crash caused by segment fault when using MPlayer-1.0rc1 to play
wmv
files. After debugging, I found the problem occurs in the function
"ff_imdct_calc_sse()"
in libavcodec/i386/fft_sse.c.When gcc compile this file, it uses register
xmm0, xmm1,
etc to make an optimization. However, I think gcc is stupid because it
didn't realize that
these registers have been used explicitly in the block "asm {  }'s", thus
after the content
in xmm registers changed by assemble code, the program crashed when using
them.

My current solution is just discard this function, using only non-sse code
instead, or add
some null function into ff_imdct_calc_sse(), cheating gcc to use no xmm
registers when
doing optimizing. These solution are just making sense, but I wish that I
could have a better
solution, Thanks to all:)

My compiling evironment: MinGW-3.4.2, GCC-3.4.2, 1.5GHz pentium-m CPU that
supports
mmx and sse sse2

Best wishes, and Thanks again.
Enzo | 12 Nov 23:17 2006

Re: compiling x264 with mplayer w/o mingw

Dear Dr. Plank,

it works like charms!! Thank you very much!

Enzo
> I succesfully compile x264 under *cygwin* and then mplayer.
>
> My approach:
>
> *) ./configure --enable-avis-input --enable-pthread
>
> *) from config.h: delete two defines:
>                          #define fseek fseeko64
>                          #define ftell ftello64
>
> *) from config.mak: delete -mno-cygwin
>    (2 occurrencies, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS)
>
> *) make
>
> *) make install
>   
Frank Aurich | 26 Nov 13:46 2006
Picon

libavformat/matroska.c: compilation fails on MingW

With a current clean svn build and MingW 3.4.5, compilation of Mplayer 
fails (for a couple of reasons, reported separately). One of them seems 
to have to do with matroska.c. Error output below:

libavformat/libavformat.a(matroska.o):matroska.c:(.text+0x4add): 
undefined reference to `put_le16'
libavformat/libavformat.a(matroska.o):matroska.c:(.text+0x4afe): 
undefined reference to `put_le16'
libavformat/libavformat.a(matroska.o):matroska.c:(.text+0x4b18): 
undefined reference to `put_le16'
libavformat/libavformat.a(matroska.o):matroska.c:(.text+0x4b27): 
undefined reference to `put_le32'
libavformat/libavformat.a(matroska.o):matroska.c:(.text+0x4b74): 
undefined reference to `put_le32'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1

Any clue what might be the reason for this?

Frank
Frank Aurich | 26 Nov 15:03 2006
Picon

Re: dvdnav and MingW

John Brown wrote:
> Frank  Aurich wrote:
> 
>> I've been noticing the rising amount of dvdnav-related commits to the 
>> repository, and I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately, I can't find 
>> any notes on what I need to make it work.
> 
> I was able to install compile and install libdvdnav using MingW/MSYS. I 
> was also able to enable libdvdnav support in MPlayer.  I do not think it 
> worked automatically. I believe that I had to edit the configure script 
> for libdvdnav and/or MPlayer. If you try to configure them, and you send 
> the error from the logs, I should be able to help you.
> 
>> Furthermore, does it work on MingW/Win32 as well?
> 
> Apparently, the official MPlayer svn cannot actually display DVD menus 
> right now. I have not tried to apply the DVDNAV patch, so I cannot say 
> whether it works on MingW/Win32 or not.

I've come around trying this by myself now. Configure worked fine, but 
make runs into a problem I can't figure out on my own:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -DDVDNAV_COMPILE -I../../src 
-I../../src/dvdread -O3 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -idirafter ../../msvc/include -MT decoder.lo -MD 
-MP -MF .deps/decoder.Tpo -c decoder.c  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o 
.libs/decoder.o
In file included from ./decoder.h:29,
                  from ../../src/dvdnav_internal.h:71,
                  from decoder.c:36:
(Continue reading)

John Brown | 26 Nov 21:24 2006
Picon

RE: Re: dvdnav and MingW

Frank Aurich wrote:
>John Brown wrote:
>>Frank  Aurich wrote:
>>
>>>I've been noticing the rising amount of dvdnav-related commits to the 
>>>repository, and I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately, I can't find any 
>>>notes on what I need to make it work.
>>
>>I was able to install compile and install libdvdnav using MingW/MSYS. I 
>>was also able to enable libdvdnav support in MPlayer.  I do not think it 
>>worked automatically. I believe that I had to edit the configure script 
>>for libdvdnav and/or MPlayer. If you try to configure them, and you send 
>>the error from the logs, I should be able to help you.
>>
>>>Furthermore, does it work on MingW/Win32 as well?
>>
>>Apparently, the official MPlayer svn cannot actually display DVD menus 
>>right now. I have not tried to apply the DVDNAV patch, so I cannot say 
>>whether it works on MingW/Win32 or not.
>
>I've come around trying this by myself now. Configure worked fine, but make 
>runs into a problem I can't figure out on my own:
>
>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -DDVDNAV_COMPILE -I../../src 
>-I../../src/dvdread -O3 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE 
>-idirafter ../../msvc/include -MT decoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/decoder.Tpo 
>-c decoder.c  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/decoder.o
>In file included from ./decoder.h:29,
>                  from ../../src/dvdnav_internal.h:71,
>                  from decoder.c:36:
(Continue reading)


Gmane