Thomas Plank | 1 Nov 20:09 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: Man page (alike win32-binary)

Diego Biurrun (diego <at> biurrun.de) wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 02:26:00PM +0100, Thomas Plank wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to build a man page similar to the one provided by Sascha Sommer
>> in his win32-beta packages.

> Look at DOCS/tech/manpage.txt.

Thanks, that's it!
--

-- 
mfg Thomas
Sascha Sommer | 3 Nov 13:28 2005
Picon

Re: [PATCH] enable libcdio for cd playback

Hi,

On Monday 31 October 2005 20:21, Erik Lunchpail wrote:
> > Here's a patch to enable libcdio for cd playback.
> > Works in both Windows XP and Linux (untested on
> > other
> > platforms.) The configure script will autodetect
> > libcdio, however it will always use cdparanoia first
> > if available. To use it instead of cdparanoia, pass
> > --disable-cdparanoia to configure.
>
> Sorry, I changed the mkdir check in cddb.c to be a
> little safer, and also removed an unnecessary check in
> cddb_read_cache(), as opening the file with O_BINARY
> seemed to resolve the error.
>
> New patch attached.
>

How did you compile libcdio? With mingw?
Current libcdio cvs + mingw + msysddk do not seem to be able
produce makefiles that work. Compilation stops with libtool complaining that 
the produced files are not valid objects.

Sascha
Erik Lunchpail | 3 Nov 18:25 2005
Picon

Re: [PATCH] enable libcdio for cd playback

> How did you compile libcdio? With mingw?
> Current libcdio cvs + mingw + msysddk do not seem to
> be able
> produce makefiles that work. Compilation stops with
> libtool complaining that 
> the produced files are not valid objects.
> 
> Sascha

I snagged libcdio-0.76 release and had to modify a few
things. I made a patch which I posted here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.cygwin/1979
and submitted it to Rocky who applied it to his CVS.
You could try the release + patch, which worked well
for me.

Regards,
Erik

	

	
		
__________________________________________________________ 
Find your next car at http://autos.yahoo.ca
Reimar Döffinger | 5 Nov 12:45 2005
Picon
Picon

new version of libs for MinGW/CVS compile

Hi,
I created a new package with libraries for compiling MPlayer under
MinGW, it is a available here:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uvhe/mpl_mingw32.tar.bz2 (2.4 MB)
It now includes Theora and Speex libraries (need latest CVS to work).
All other libs were updated to the latest source tarballs in my gentoo
distfiles directory *g*
Take care with the Theora lib: I modified the theora.h file so it works
with MPlayer's internal tremor, so if you need it to work without that,
change the #if 0 to #if 1.
Also see http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uvhe/MPlayer-speex-20051103.zip
(7.2MB) for a precompiled binary - no idea how well it will work for others.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger
Sascha Sommer | 6 Nov 18:48 2005
Picon

Re: [PATCH] enable libcdio for cd playback

On Thursday 03 November 2005 18:25, Erik Lunchpail wrote:
> > How did you compile libcdio? With mingw?
> > Current libcdio cvs + mingw + msysddk do not seem to
> > be able
> > produce makefiles that work. Compilation stops with
> > libtool complaining that
> > the produced files are not valid objects.
> >
> > Sascha
>
> I snagged libcdio-0.76 release and had to modify a few
> things. I made a patch which I posted here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.cygwin/1979
> and submitted it to Rocky who applied it to his CVS.
> You could try the release + patch, which worked well
> for me.
>

Thanks applied.
Looks like my autotools on mingw are broken, so the windows part is not 
tested. Please test if it still works, I did some modification in order to 
support cygwin, too.

Regards

Sascha
Erik Lunchpail | 7 Nov 01:08 2005
Picon

Re: [PATCH] enable libcdio for cd playback

> Thanks applied.
> Looks like my autotools on mingw are broken, so the
> windows part is not 
> tested. Please test if it still works, I did some
> modification in order to 
> support cygwin, too.

S'all good, works fine in mingw. I'm assuming you had
some success in cygwin?

I did notice a few /oops's on my part, attached is a
simple patch to configure that should fix them.

Regards,
Erik

	

	
		
__________________________________________________________ 
Find your next car at http://autos.yahoo.ca
Attachment (libcdio-configure.diff): text/x-diff, 835 bytes
_______________________________________________
MPlayer-cygwin mailing list
MPlayer-cygwin <at> mplayerhq.hu
http://mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-cygwin
Diego Biurrun | 7 Nov 11:26 2005
Picon

Re: [PATCH] enable libcdio for cd playback

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 07:08:16PM -0500, Erik Lunchpail wrote:
> 
> I did notice a few /oops's on my part, attached is a
> simple patch to configure that should fix them.
> 
> -  --disable-libcio)	_libcdio=no	;;
> +  --disable-libcdio)	_libcdio=no	;;

Fixed.

>  <at>  <at>  -5075,7 +5075,6  <at>  <at> 
>      openbsd && _ld_cdparanoia="$_ld_cdparanoia -lutil"
>  else
>      _def_cdparanoia='#undef HAVE_CDDA'
> -    _noinputmodules="cdda $_noinputmodules"
>  fi
>  echores "$_cdparanoia"
>  
>  <at>  <at>  -5116,6 +5115,7  <at>  <at> 
>         _libcdio="no (using cdparanoia)"
>      else
>         _libcdio=no
> +       _noinputmodules="cdda $_noinputmodules"
>      fi
>      _def_libcdio='#undef HAVE_LIBCDIO'
>      _def_havelibcdio='no'

This is wrong and was correct before.  If the cdparanoia test fails,
it should add cdda to $_noinputmodules.

(Continue reading)

R.Ivarson | 9 Nov 19:59 2005
Picon

Mplayer win32 GUI questions

Hello.

I tried the frontend named "MpUi" which uses the Gui exclusive
mplayer.exe as slave. The frontend looks promising but unfortunately
lacks some _very_ important features. For example you can't run it with
a file parameter, etc, so it's no help when assigning it to double
clickable files.

So I headed for the GUI inclusive mplayer.exe compiled by Gianluigi and
it's really nice. It features many things which a) lacks but also still
(?) lacks a few others.
Btw. is Gianluigi's mplayer.exe the Win32 equivalent of the original
Unix Gui inclusive Mplayer?
Anyway, great work, Gianluigi.

Some questions to the experts, please, with Gianluigi's Gui inclusive
mplayer.exe :

1) Is there some similar function to the "panscan" function (keys "W"
and "E") which also works with "-vo directx" and does allow a higher zoom?
Because Panscan doesn't work with directx but for example with "-vo
gl[2]", like the Mplayer manpages says. However I can't use "-vo gl2"
with Gianluigi's Win32 gui'ed mplayer.exe.
I tried -x, -y, -crop, etc but they're very difficult to use manually. I
don't mind the exact pixel widths and heights but "just" to zoom in and out.

2) How to give certain command line parameters to the gui'ed mplayer.exe
in a direct way? Editing the config file works but isn't very direct.
Even by editing the config file at the moment I can't tell the Mplayer
which subtitle to use when I play an original DVD. I added the
(Continue reading)

Chris Connolly | 9 Nov 21:09 2005
Picon

Mplayer compile errors

Hi to all, 

I am trying to compile mencoder for use within Etivo, a windows app which
automatically downloads programmes from a tivo, then converts (through the
use of an addin created by Bluewomble) to Divx/Xvid.  Specifically, I need
to encode to Xvid, but was unable to find any pre-compiled version of
mencoder that would handle both xvid and support large files (ie >2gb).
I've been told this is possible if compiled on cygwin, so this is what I am
trying to do.  

I've been slowly working my way through the guide at
http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.
txt (substituting mingw with /usr/bin where relevant) but seem to be having
trouble with libavformat/ libavcodec. During the configure, the compile says
that libavcodec.so is broken (see below).  When I subsequently run make, I
also get a large number of util.c errors, ending with the following:

make[1]: *** [utils.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/main/libavformat'
make: *** [libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2 

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  Compiling programs is
not something I have ever done before so must admit I followed the guide
above without really knowing what I was doing - I wouldn't be surprised if
there are a lot more problems with my compile, so have listed the checking
process below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
(Continue reading)

Sascha Sommer | 9 Nov 22:01 2005
Picon

Re: Mplayer compile errors

Hi

>
> I've been slowly working my way through the guide at
> http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto
>. txt (substituting mingw with /usr/bin where relevant) but seem to be
> having trouble with libavformat/ libavcodec. During the configure, the
> compile says that libavcodec.so is broken (see below).  When I subsequently
> run make, I also get a large number of util.c errors, ending with the
> following:
>
>
>
> make[1]: *** [utils.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/main/libavformat'
> make: *** [libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2
>
>
>

Hi, I'm sorry, but due to the server problems the mirrors did not get synced 
and the howto you are using is outdated. Afaik the last version is
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
Your problem should go away when you copy the libavutil directory to the 
MPlayer directory, too.

Regards

Sascha
(Continue reading)


Gmane