Dan Dennedy | 1 Oct 06:19 2004

Kino 0.7.4 released

go to any of the usual places to get it and review release notes and
changelog. BTW, Kino releases are posted to SourceForge,
kino.schirmacher.de, and www.gnomefiles.org. I do not have access to the
FreshMeat account.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Daniel Kasak | 4 Oct 02:26 2004

Re: Kino 0.7.4 released

Dan Dennedy wrote:

>go to any of the usual places to get it and review release notes and
>changelog. BTW, Kino releases are posted to SourceForge,
>kino.schirmacher.de, and www.gnomefiles.org. I do not have access to the
>FreshMeat account.
>
>  
>
Has the behaviour in the 'trim' panel changed?
I used to be able to play the currently selected clip in here, but now 
it's looping after about .3 of a second.
The 'in' and 'out' markers are set to the start and end of the clip.

Fresh bug? Or am I missing something?

Dan

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Dan Dennedy | 5 Oct 00:33 2004

Re: Kino 0.7.4 released

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 20:26, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Dan Dennedy wrote:
> 
> >go to any of the usual places to get it and review release notes and
> >changelog. BTW, Kino releases are posted to SourceForge,
> >kino.schirmacher.de, and www.gnomefiles.org. I do not have access to the
> >FreshMeat account.
> >
> >  
> >
> Has the behaviour in the 'trim' panel changed?
> I used to be able to play the currently selected clip in here, but now 
> it's looping after about .3 of a second.
> The 'in' and 'out' markers are set to the start and end of the clip.
> 
> Fresh bug? Or am I missing something?

It must be a new bug due to some slight optimisations I made to the
scrub bar control. I am only able to reproduce a problem occassionally.
I'll try my best to fix, thanks for the report.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Dan Dennedy | 5 Oct 04:08 2004

Re: Kino 0.7.4 released

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 20:26, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Has the behaviour in the 'trim' panel changed?

No

> I used to be able to play the currently selected clip in here, but now 
> it's looping after about .3 of a second.
> The 'in' and 'out' markers are set to the start and end of the clip.
> 
> Fresh bug? Or am I missing something?

The bug I was able to reproduce turned out to be something unrelated to
my changes to the scrub bar widget. The bug I found occurs in Trim mode
when you click a new scene while Kino is playing. The player engine does
not properly recognize the new start and end points. The result is that
switching from a scene shorter than the new one causes the new scene to
loop prematurely. I have fixed that in my working copy. 

Can you confirm your problem is not similar? I suspected the bug you ran
into was perhaps performance-related or sensitive to timing of gobject
signals. So, I tried a lot of different preferences settings to put the
trim player under different conditions. Things like Drop frames, DV
decoder quality settings, deinterlace options, properties panel
expanded, and recompiling Kino in the background. You might try some
different preferences settings as I have to see if your behaviour
changes. Thanks, I appreciate it.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
(Continue reading)

Alan B. Canon | 5 Oct 23:21 2004
Picon

KinoPlus Chroma Key on Green? Will this code change work?

Apologies if this goes in the plugin list, to which I'm not subscribed. 
Please redirect me if that is the case.

I note in line 753-775 the code which performs Chroma Key on Blue 
(below.) In particular, the detection of "Blue" seems to happen in the 
guard clause of an if statement on page 764:

                if (kb >= 240 && kr <= 5 && kg <= 5)

My question is, if I rewrite this as

                if (kg >= 240 && kr <= 5 && kb <= 5)

and recompile kinoplus, am I not able to Chroma key on Green?

The next question is, rather than patching it this way, perhaps I could 
contribute a configuration widget to the Chroma Key on Blue Transition 
where these threshholds are set, to allow the user to select presets of 
Green, Blue, or even arbitrary upper and lower bounds.

If someone familiar with the codebase can tell me this is useful, it 
seems like it would be pretty trivial, as I could simply examine one of 
the other, parameter-taking transitions, and copy the design pattern.

-- Alan Canon

void GetFrame( uint8_t *io, uint8_t *mesh, int width, int height, double 
position, double frame_delta, bool reverse )
          {
            uint8_t *k = mesh;
(Continue reading)

madsdyd | 6 Oct 07:39 2004
Picon

Re: KinoPlus Chroma Key on Green? Will this code change work?

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alan B. Canon wrote:

> My question is, if I rewrite this as
> 
>                 if (kg >= 240 && kr <= 5 && kb <= 5)
> 
> and recompile kinoplus, am I not able to Chroma key on Green?

Should be, yes.

I wrote that code, and I have later been told that it is a very poor way
to do it. Apperently proffessionals do Chroma key with antialiasing, and 
what-not. Way outside my knowledge - I just wanted something that I could 
use in the given situation.

> 
> The next question is, rather than patching it this way, perhaps I could 
> contribute a configuration widget to the Chroma Key on Blue Transition 
> where these threshholds are set, to allow the user to select presets of 
> Green, Blue, or even arbitrary upper and lower bounds.

That was my plan at some point :-)

> 
> If someone familiar with the codebase can tell me this is useful, it 
> seems like it would be pretty trivial, as I could simply examine one of 
> the other, parameter-taking transitions, and copy the design pattern.

Kino is currently in a feature freeze - Dan Dennedy decides the policies, 
but I believe he will not accept this kind of patches at the moment.
(Continue reading)

Alan B. Canon | 6 Oct 15:36 2004
Picon

Re: KinoPlus Chroma Key on Green? Will this code change work?

Mads,

Thanks for replying. I'm working on an amateur puppet movie with friends, so I'll be using Chroma Key for that. But we are moving quite slowly (one computer geek and two artists) so I have time to learn about Glade, etc. (and perhaps even anti-aliasing.) I'll keep the list informed of any patches I come up with, and perhaps follow your suggestion to produce an independent (GPL'ed, of course) plug-in or modification to kinoplus.

I believe I was in error posting this to kino-dev, and will post on this topic in future to the kino-plugin list.

-- Alan


madsdyd <at> challenge.dk wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alan B. Canon wrote:
My question is, if I rewrite this as if (kg >= 240 && kr <= 5 && kb <= 5) and recompile kinoplus, am I not able to Chroma key on Green?
Should be, yes. I wrote that code, and I have later been told that it is a very poor way to do it. Apperently proffessionals do Chroma key with antialiasing, and what-not. Way outside my knowledge - I just wanted something that I could use in the given situation.
The next question is, rather than patching it this way, perhaps I could contribute a configuration widget to the Chroma Key on Blue Transition where these threshholds are set, to allow the user to select presets of Green, Blue, or even arbitrary upper and lower bounds.
That was my plan at some point :-)
If someone familiar with the codebase can tell me this is useful, it seems like it would be pretty trivial, as I could simply examine one of the other, parameter-taking transitions, and copy the design pattern.
Kino is currently in a feature freeze - Dan Dennedy decides the policies, but I believe he will not accept this kind of patches at the moment. Please note, that it would be _very_ easy for you to create plugins entirely outside the kino codebase, like kinoplus, dvtitler and timfx, and maintain/develop the code there. There is an issue with translations, but I reckon that eventually we will solve that. Mads

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl

Dan Dennedy | 7 Oct 07:51 2004

Re: KinoPlus Chroma Key on Green? Will this code change work?

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 07:39 +0200, madsdyd <at> challenge.dk wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alan B. Canon wrote:
> > If someone familiar with the codebase can tell me this is useful, it 
> > seems like it would be pretty trivial, as I could simply examine one of 
> > the other, parameter-taking transitions, and copy the design pattern.
> 
> Kino is currently in a feature freeze - Dan Dennedy decides the policies, 
> but I believe he will not accept this kind of patches at the moment.

True, but this is in a plugin.

> Please note, that it would be _very_ easy for you to create plugins 
> entirely outside the kino codebase, like kinoplus, dvtitler and timfx, and 
> maintain/develop the code there. There is an issue with translations, but 
> I reckon that eventually we will solve that.

I recommend he just remove stuff from the kinoplus plugin until it is
reduced to just chroma key effect and start making his changes from
there.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Daniel Kobras | 7 Oct 18:09 2004
Picon

Fixed .desktop file.

Moi!

I've attached a patch with updates to the file kino.desktop that various
Debian users contributed: Jordi Mallach updated the Spanish and added
the Catalan translations, Riccardo Lancellotti provided the Italian
translation, and the German version was added by myself. Most
importantly, though, the patch removes all empty translations entries
from the file because otherwise an empty menu entry is displayed when
using one of those locales. Please apply.

Thanks,

Daniel.

#! /bin/sh -e
## 10_desktop_fix.dpatch by Daniel Kobras <kobras <at> debian.org>
##
## All lines beginning with `## DP:' are a description of the patch.
## DP: Remove empty translations from .desktop file. Otherwise, no
## DP: text at all would be displayed. (Kudos to Jordi Mallach.)
## DP: Add Catalan and Spanish translations by Jordi Mallach.
## DP: Add Italian translation by Riccardo Lancellotti.
## DP: Add German entries by me.

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
    echo "`basename $0`: script expects -patch|-unpatch as argument" >&2
    exit 1
fi

[ -f debian/patches/00patch-opts ] && . debian/patches/00patch-opts
patch_opts="${patch_opts:--f --no-backup-if-mismatch} ${2:+-d $2}"

case "$1" in
    -patch) patch -p1 ${patch_opts} < $0;;
    -unpatch) patch -R -p1 ${patch_opts} < $0;;
    *)
        echo "`basename $0`: script expects -patch|-unpatch as argument" >&2
        exit 1;;
esac

exit 0

 <at> DPATCH <at> 
diff -urNad kino/kino.desktop /tmp/dpep.psyx2v/kino/kino.desktop
--- kino/kino.desktop	2004-10-07 16:43:21.000000000 +0200
+++ /tmp/dpep.psyx2v/kino/kino.desktop	2004-10-07 17:12:50.000000000 +0200
 <at>  <at>  -1,49 +1,30  <at>  <at> 
 [Desktop Entry]
 Name=Kino Video Editor
+Name[ca]=Editor de vídeo Kino
 Name[cs]=Kino Videa Editor
 Name[da]=Kino Videoredigering
-Name[de]=
+Name[de]=Kino Videoschnittprogramm
 Name[el]=Επεξεργαστής Βίντεο
-Name[es]=Kino Video Editor
+Name[es]=Editor de vídeo Kino
 Name[fr]=Kino Montage vido
-Name[is]=
-Name[it]=
-Name[ja]=
-Name[ko]=
-Name[ms]=
-Name[nl]=
-Name[no]=
-Name[pt]=
-Name[ru]=
+Name[it]=Kino Editor Video
 Name[sv]=Kino Videoredigering
-Name[tr]=
-Name[zh_CN]=
-Name[zh_TW]=
 Comment=Edit DV video
+Comment[ca]=Edita vídeos DV
 Comment[cs]=Upravit DV videa
 Comment[da]=Rediger DV video
-Comment[de]=
+Comment[de]=Bearbeitet Digital-Videos
 Comment[el]=Επεξεργαστής Βίντεο
-Comment[es]=Editar DV video
+Comment[es]=Editar vídeos DV
 Comment[fr]=Montage vido DV
-Comment[is]=
-Comment[it]=
-Comment[ja]=
-Comment[ko]=
-Comment[ms]=
-Comment[nl]=
-Comment[no]=
-Comment[pt]=
-Comment[ru]=
+Comment[it]=Modifica Video Digitale
 Comment[sv]=Redigera DV video
-Comment[tr]=
-Comment[zh_CN]=
-Comment[zh_TW]=
 Encoding=UTF-8
 TryExec=kino
 Exec=kino %F
 Icon=kino.png
 Terminal=false
+StartupNotify=true
 Type=Application
 Categories=Application;AudioVideo;
 GenericName=Video Editor
madsdyd | 7 Oct 20:30 2004
Picon

Re: Fixed .desktop file.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Daniel Kobras wrote:

> Moi!

Moi, moi! (? ;-)

> 
> I've attached a patch with updates to the file kino.desktop that various
> Debian users contributed: Jordi Mallach updated the Spanish and added
> the Catalan translations, Riccardo Lancellotti provided the Italian
> translation, and the German version was added by myself. Most
> importantly, though, the patch removes all empty translations entries
> from the file because otherwise an empty menu entry is displayed when
> using one of those locales. Please apply.

Its been applied, thanks.

Mads

--

-- 
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd <at> challenge.dk
The US population is 4 % of the global one. They produce 23 % of the global 
pollution.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl

Gmane