Picon

[Trac] Re: List of modified files per ticket


Hi,

You may use trac-post-commit-hook,then you can add ticket number into
your comment when you commit files to svn. It's very convenient to
check what files relate to a ticket, have a good luck.

Best Regards
Evan Wang

On Dec 31 2007, 9:06 pm, Emilien Klein <emil...@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to Trac, but I find it really useful.
> We are currently using Trac 0.11dev-r6048 in my company to do web
> development.
>
> My question is the following:
> Is there a way of getting, from the ticket number, the list of files
> that have been committed regarding this ticket number?
>
> Let me give you an example of what I am searching for:
> - A ticket is opened concerning a bug that has been found. This ticket
> gets the number 27.
> - I make some changes in the file "file1.php", and commit it to the svn
> repo. This creates the Changeset [324] int the Timeline.
> - A few days later, I realize that something more has to be done in
> "file2.php", and commit it after correcting the bug. This creates the
> Changeset [361] in the Timeline.
> - After validation by another person, the bug is considered fixed, so I
(Continue reading)

rupert thurner | 1 Jan 14:20 2008
Picon

[Trac] Re: List of modified files per ticket


how would you then find all the files relating to a ticket? especially
if you commit more changesets regarding one ticket?

On Jan 1, 6:50 am, "evan...@..."
<evan...@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You may use trac-post-commit-hook,then you can add ticket number into
> your comment when you commit files to svn. It's very convenient to
> check what files relate to a ticket, have a good luck.
>
> Best Regards
> Evan Wang
>
> On Dec 31 2007, 9:06 pm, Emilien Klein <emil...@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm pretty new to Trac, but I find it really useful.
> > We are currently using Trac 0.11dev-r6048 in my company to do web
> > development.
>
> > My question is the following:
> > Is there a way of getting, from the ticket number, the list of files
> > that have been committed regarding this ticket number?
>
> > Let me give you an example of what I am searching for:
(Continue reading)

rupert thurner | 1 Jan 16:38 2008
Picon

[Trac] Re: HTML tables


On Dec 31 2007, 2:14 pm, osimons <oddsim...@...> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2:16 pm, "Jonatan Magnusson" <jona...@...> wrote:
> ...snip
>
> > Why is that? I suspect that Trac finds an unterminated table in a
> > html-macro and decides to terminate it directly, even though the table
> > will be terminated in a following html-macro.
>
> Genshi processing will not allow incomplete html markup - all opened
> elements must also be closed when processed. This happens for each and
> every processor called on the page independent of any other, so it is
> just not the final output that matters anymore. If not correct markup,
> the whole snippet will be ignored - as you likely found out. This is
> all at the core of how Genshi works, and there won't be any
> workarounds.

why is this like that?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

[Trac] top-posting and redundancy


Could people please strip emails from redundant text as well as reduce the
amount of top-posting? It makes the archives highly unreadable.

Thanks.

--

-- 
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(-at-)in-nomine.org> / asmodai
イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Wisdom is the difference between knowledge and experience...

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Juergen Deuse | 2 Jan 11:38 2008
Picon

[Trac] Re: List of modified files per ticket


> I'm sure I'm not the only one to need this, no? Does a way of doing this
> exist?

If you use TortoiseSVN on Windows there is another way to
automatically attach a hint:
We apply a property "bugtraq:message" to our directories with a value
of "Ticket #%BUGID%." (note that %BUGID% is embedded by '#' and '.' to
distinguish 27 and 270 etc.)
When  committing via TortoiseSVN there is an additional edit field
named "Ticket#" and on commit a string is appended to the commit
message resulting to "blah blah Ticket#27."
We use a special report "Tickets and Changesets, mine first" to group
the changesets by ticket no:
SELECT
    (CASE reporter
     WHEN '$USER' THEN ''
     ELSE reporter
    END) || ' ' || t.id || ": " || summary AS __group__,
    id AS ticket, rev AS changeset, r.time AS modified,
    c.value AS Defcon, r.author AS Author,
    message
  FROM ticket t, revision r, ticket_custom c
  WHERE r.message like "%%Ticket #"||t.id||".%%"
    AND c.ticket = t.id AND c.name = 'state'
  ORDER BY (reporter = '$USER') DESC, reporter, t.time desc

This type of report should also be applicable when using 'post commit
hooks'.

(Continue reading)

Juergen Deuse | 2 Jan 12:44 2008
Picon

[Trac] Re: List of modified files per ticket


On 2 Jan., 11:38, Juergen Deuse <jde...@...> wrote:
> > I'm sure I'm not the only one to need this, no? Does a way of doing this
> > exist?
>
( . . . )
> We use a special report "Tickets and Changesets, mine first" to group
> the changesets by ticket no:

Well, actually you asked for the files that have been changed... thus
the report should look like this:
SELECT distinct N.base_path
  FROM revision R, node_change N
  WHERE R.message like "%%Ticket #" || '$TICKET' || ".%%"
    AND R.rev = N.rev
  ORDER BY N.base_path

Beware! You have to modify the URL manually (assume it's report no
'20'):
http://the-name-of-your-server/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/report/20?TICKET=27

Maybe you create a small web based form which assists preparing the
correct URL

HTH,
jaydee
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe@...
(Continue reading)

julie.tittler | 2 Jan 22:15 2008

[Trac] Problems upgrading existing trac projects to trac 0.11


I have a windows XP server. I've followed the installation
instructions on the web site for trac 0.11. That seemed to go OK. I'm
upgrading from 10.4 with Python 24, to trac 0.11 with Python 2.5. When
I followed the instructions for upgrading a trac project with trac-
admin, I get an error about pyPgSQL, as listed below. Now then, I do
still have it installed but pyPgSQL 2.4, which was the version to go
with Python 2.4. On their website, there doesn't seem to be one for
Python 2.5 under the windows releases. Is this true? Will the PyPgSQL
for 2.4 work with 2.5? If not, can 0.11 work with Python 2.4 and
PyPgSQL for 2.4?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python25\Scripts\trac-admin-script.py", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('trac==0.11b1', 'console_scripts', 'trac-admin')
()
  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
\console.py", line 1194, in run
    return admin.onecmd(command)
  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
\console.py", line 102, in onecmd
    rv = cmd.Cmd.onecmd(self, line) or 0
  File "c:\Python25\lib\cmd.py", line 219, in onecmd
    return func(arg)
  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
\console.py", line 1098, in do_upgrade
    self.db_open()
  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
\console.py", line 149, in db_open
    return self.env_open().get_db_cnx()
(Continue reading)

Stephen Hansen | 2 Jan 22:20 2008
Picon

[Trac] Wiki names and spaces

Is there a way to have spaces automatically translated to underscores like MediaWiki does?


So if you are typing into the address bar ' http://address/trac/wiki/This or That', it redirects to 'http://address/trac/wiki/This_or_That', and more importantly, if you create a page name called ["This or That"] it will link to This_or_That?

If that's clear at all. :)

Thanks in advance.

--Stephen

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Noah Kantrowitz | 2 Jan 22:23 2008
Picon

[Trac] Re: Problems upgrading existing trac projects to trac 0.11


Python modules are only installed against a single major version. In  
the case of modules that include a compiled portion (such as database  
bindings) this is enforced by the interpreter because the ABI changes.  
You will just need to reinstall the bindings for 2.5 (ps: pyscopg2 is  
generally preferred if you have an option). 0.11 continues the Trac  
tradition of full compat from 2.3 up, so you can install it under 2.4  
if you wish.

--Noah

On Jan 2, 2008, at 1:15 PM, julie.tittler@... wrote:

>
> I have a windows XP server. I've followed the installation
> instructions on the web site for trac 0.11. That seemed to go OK. I'm
> upgrading from 10.4 with Python 24, to trac 0.11 with Python 2.5. When
> I followed the instructions for upgrading a trac project with trac-
> admin, I get an error about pyPgSQL, as listed below. Now then, I do
> still have it installed but pyPgSQL 2.4, which was the version to go
> with Python 2.4. On their website, there doesn't seem to be one for
> Python 2.5 under the windows releases. Is this true? Will the PyPgSQL
> for 2.4 work with 2.5? If not, can 0.11 work with Python 2.4 and
> PyPgSQL for 2.4?
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Python25\Scripts\trac-admin-script.py", line 8, in <module>
>    load_entry_point('trac==0.11b1', 'console_scripts', 'trac-admin')
> ()
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
> \console.py", line 1194, in run
>    return admin.onecmd(command)
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
> \console.py", line 102, in onecmd
>    rv = cmd.Cmd.onecmd(self, line) or 0
>  File "c:\Python25\lib\cmd.py", line 219, in onecmd
>    return func(arg)
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
> \console.py", line 1098, in do_upgrade
>    self.db_open()
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\admin
> \console.py", line 149, in db_open
>    return self.env_open().get_db_cnx()
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac
> \env.py", line 250, in get_db_cnx
>    return DatabaseManager(self).get_connection()
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\db
> \api.py", line 76, in get_connection
>    return self._cnx_pool.get_cnx(self.timeout or None)
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\db
> \pool.py", line 101, in get_cnx
>    cnx = self._connector.get_connection(**self._kwargs)
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\db
> \postgres_backend.py", line 46, in get_connection
>    cnx = PostgreSQLConnection(path, user, password, host, port,
> params)
>  File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\trac-0.11b1-py2.5.egg\trac\db
> \postgres_backend.py", line 117, in __init__
>    from pyPgSQL import PgSQL
> ImportError: No module named pyPgSQL
>
> Thanks,
> Julie
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

[Trac] Re: Problems upgrading existing trac projects to trac 0.11


-On [20080102 22:16], julie.tittler@...
(julie.tittler <at> operamail.com) wrote:
>On their website, there doesn't seem to be one for Python 2.5 under the
>windows releases. Is this true?

http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/ says it is not. :)

See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=16528 for the
filelist. 2.5.1 seems to be the latest.

--

-- 
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(-at-)in-nomine.org> / asmodai
イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself. -Chinese Proverb

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---


Gmane