Matt Good | 1 Nov 07:56 2006
Picon

Re: - Methods for Decentral Branching


The easiest way I've found to do distributed version control with
Subversion is via SVK.  It lets you mirror a Subversion repository,
record your local changes, and continue to merge in upstream changes.

See http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/HomePage

-- Matt Good

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Shun-ichi GOTO | 2 Nov 05:23 2006
Picon

Re: File exists error (and fix), but why?


On 10/30/06, Sid Wiesner <sid <at> seegrid.com> wrote:
> OSError: [Errno 17] File exists

Try to use more recent setuptools.
I'd got same error before but now nothing (on WinXP) with setuptools 0.6c2.

--

-- 
Shun-ichi GOTO

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

thomas | 3 Nov 11:09 2006
Picon

spamfilter plugin - too many false positives


hey folks,

for some weeks we are using the spamfilter-plugin on trac 0.10 since we
got too many ticket-spams previously.

Unfortunately nearly every (or really every) ticket-comment seems to be
found as being spam by akismet.
Are really correct messages sent to them in those cases? Or is it the
anonymous user which is set then?
For now it seems like we need to disable akismet in the plugin which
leaves us without the most protection in there.
dnsblacklist doesn't want to work on the gentoo-server even though I
installed the library through portage. Same for spambayes
unfortunately.
Only thing left is the url-filter and the regexps which is much less
than what the plugin can do.

Btw. any dedicated list / forum for plugins or the spamfilter plugin?

Thanks,

thomas

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
(Continue reading)

Christopher Lenz | 3 Nov 11:24 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: spamfilter plugin - too many false positives


Am 03.11.2006 um 11:09 schrieb thomas:
> hey folks,
>
> for some weeks we are using the spamfilter-plugin on trac 0.10  
> since we
> got too many ticket-spams previously.

See <http://www.cmlenz.net/blog/2006/11/managing_trac_s.html> for  
some background info.

> Unfortunately nearly every (or really every) ticket-comment seems  
> to be
> found as being spam by akismet.
> Are really correct messages sent to them in those cases? Or is it the
> anonymous user which is set then?
> For now it seems like we need to disable akismet in the plugin which
> leaves us without the most protection in there.
> dnsblacklist doesn't want to work on the gentoo-server even though I
> installed the library through portage. Same for spambayes
> unfortunately.

You'll have to jump through some (relatively minor) hoops to get the  
installation of dnspython and SpamBayes detected by the SpamFilter.  
Basically, both need to be installed in a way that is compatible with  
Python Eggs / pkg_resources, likely by using easy_install instead of  
portage.

For dnspython:

(Continue reading)

anton | 3 Nov 14:11 2006
Picon
Picon

Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


Eh yes,

I am just asking me if it would be possible to
bring out the next trac version with Genshi instead of
Clearsilver as the only one change

(TracWebAdmin could be shifted to the next release,
we still could use it as plugin??)

Why?

 * Because I would like to move to Python 2.5 and clearsilver seems
   quite .. not dead bot not really active

 * I am afraid of waiting perhaps 6 months for the next trac release??

What are your opinion about this??

  Anton

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Christian Boos | 3 Nov 14:36 2006
Picon

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


anton wrote:
> Eh yes,
>
> I am just asking me if it would be possible to
> bring out the next trac version with Genshi instead of
> Clearsilver as the only one change
>   

This was discussed before, please look back in the trac-dev archives.

> (TracWebAdmin could be shifted to the next release,
> we still could use it as plugin??)
>   

Too late, it's in ;)

> Why?
>
>  * Because I would like to move to Python 2.5 and clearsilver seems
>    quite .. not dead bot not really active
>   

Well, we still have our policy that trunk should be always usable.
You can use it right now with Python 2.5, without having to wait for a 
release if you really want to.

>  * I am afraid of waiting perhaps 6 months for the next trac release??
>   

(Continue reading)

Luis Matos | 3 Nov 18:53 2006

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


Sex, 2006-11-03 às 14:36 +0100, Christian Boos escreveu:

> 
> Well, I was initially thinking the same way as you, essentially because 
> I feared to have to support 0.10/ClearSilver for a long time. But that 
> proved to be not as painful as I thought, so this now less important for 
> me. The fixes needed for 0.10 are very seldom related to issues in the 
> templates (1 minor bug fix so far and the <guid> enhancements from Manu).
> 
> Now, we just asked everybody to switch to 0.10 a few weeks ago, and a 
> lot are still using 0.9.x. The major motivation for upgrade here is 
> probably the SpamFilter and possibly the enhancements to the version 
> control subsystem (?).
> I can imagine it would be hard to sell the upgrade 0.11 for the sake of 
> "internal" changes.  Our users have a (hopefully!) working version and 
> they probably don't want to upgrade /just/ for having a new template 
> engine. What a lot of people would like to have in the next version are 
> some major new features like the new WorkFlow enhancement, so I think 
> that we should have at least that one in the list of "user visible changes".
> 
> -- Christian
> 

True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
is coming.

As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
month.
(Continue reading)

Christian Boos | 3 Nov 18:58 2006
Picon

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


Luis Matos wrote:
> ...
> True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
> mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
> is coming.
>
> As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
> month.
>   

October, you mean? ;)

More seriously, I think you wanted to write '0.10.1' in the above, as 
that would be the bug fix release. End of November could be a reasonable 
schedule for that (well, not with *all* the 50+ open tickets fixed, but 
the most important ones, hopefully).

-- Christian

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Luis Matos | 3 Nov 19:08 2006

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


Sex, 2006-11-03 às 18:58 +0100, Christian Boos escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote:
> > ...
> > True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
> > mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
> > is coming.
> >
> > As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
> > month.
> >   
> 
> October, you mean? ;)

> More seriously, I think you wanted to write '0.10.1' in the above, as 
> that would be the bug fix release. End of November could be a reasonable 
> schedule for that (well, not with *all* the 50+ open tickets fixed, but 
> the most important ones, hopefully).
> 
> -- Christian
> 

true 0.10.1. I think debian is a good way of trac deployment and people
rely on debian's security and bug response
> 
> > 
--

-- 
Best Regards,
--
Luis Matos
(Continue reading)

John M Camara | 4 Nov 13:55 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature


Christian Boos wrote:
> Now, we just asked everybody to switch to 0.10 a few weeks ago, and a
> lot are still using 0.9.x. The major motivation for upgrade here is
> probably the SpamFilter and possibly the enhancements to the version
> control subsystem (?).
> I can imagine it would be hard to sell the upgrade 0.11 for the sake of
> "internal" changes.  Our users have a (hopefully!) working version and
> they probably don't want to upgrade /just/ for having a new template
> engine. What a lot of people would like to have in the next version are
> some major new features like the new WorkFlow enhancement, so I think
> that we should have at least that one in the list of "user visible changes".
>
> -- Christian

Once setuptools is integrated it would be a good time to release 0.11
as this would likely get more users to upgrade as setuptools reduces
some of the burden of upgrading.  It also makes it much easier for new
users to start using Trac.

John

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev <at> googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-dev-unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

(Continue reading)


Gmane