Kannan Moudgalya | 18 Jul 13:28 2008
Picon

Colour change in pdfscreen

Hi,

Is it possible to change the DEFAULT colour of background and that of text
in pdfscreen.  For example, I want to create a presentation in which ALL
the slides will have dark blue background and ALL the text will be in
orange or golden colour.

Please note that I do not want to use commands that require invocation for
every word, line, etc.  If I have to invoke it once for every slide, it is
acceptable.  What I really want is a command that I invoke at the
beginning the document and make the default background to dark blue and
letter colour to orange or gold.

Thanks.

Kannan Moudgalya

_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia

Nina Mazumdar | 18 Jul 17:15 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Kannan Moudgalya <kannan@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the DEFAULT colour of background and that of text
> in pdfscreen.  For example, I want to create a presentation in which ALL
> the slides will have dark blue background and ALL the text will be in
> orange or golden colour.
>
> Please note that I do not want to use commands that require invocation for
> every word, line, etc.  If I have to invoke it once for every slide, it is
> acceptable.  What I really want is a command that I invoke at the
> beginning the document and make the default background to dark blue and
> letter colour to orange or gold.

Somewhere after \begin{document}:

 \backgroundcolor{darkblue}
 \color{orange}

Of course, darkblue and orange shall be defined prior to this.

Happy TeXing and best regards
--

-- 
Nina
_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia

(Continue reading)

V. Sasi Kumar | 18 Jul 19:55 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 20:45 +0530, Nina Mazumdar wrote:
> 
> Somewhere after \begin{document}:
> 
>  \backgroundcolor{darkblue}
>  \color{orange}
> 
> Of course, darkblue and orange shall be defined prior to this.

You can use standard colors like blue, green, red, white, black, etc.
without defining it yourself. Other colours will have to be defined in
the beginning or before use. Colours can be defined in terms of RGB,
like:

\definecolor{brown}{rgb}{0.9,0.7,0.7}

or

\definecolor{gold}{rgb}{1.0,0.851,0.098}

You can try playing with the fractions and learn how to adjust them to
get a colour you desire.

Happy TeXing!
--

-- 
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India
http://swatantryam.blogspot.com

_______________________________________________
(Continue reading)

S vattamattam | 19 Jul 05:29 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen

Thank you very much.
Prof. Sebastian Vattamattam
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "V. Sasi Kumar" <sasi.keraladevelopment@...>
To: "TUGIndia Mailing List" <tugindia@...>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Tugindia] Colour change in pdfscreen

> On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 20:45 +0530, Nina Mazumdar wrote:
>> 
>> Somewhere after \begin{document}:
>> 
>>  \backgroundcolor{darkblue}
>>  \color{orange}
>> 
>> Of course, darkblue and orange shall be defined prior to this.
> 
> You can use standard colors like blue, green, red, white, black, etc.
> without defining it yourself. Other colours will have to be defined in
> the beginning or before use. Colours can be defined in terms of RGB,
> like:
> 
> \definecolor{brown}{rgb}{0.9,0.7,0.7}
> 
> or
> 
> \definecolor{gold}{rgb}{1.0,0.851,0.098}
> 
> You can try playing with the fractions and learn how to adjust them to
> get a colour you desire.
(Continue reading)

shrivijay phadke | 19 Jul 10:35 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen


> > Is it possible to change the DEFAULT colour of background and that of text> in pdfscreen. For example, I
want to create a presentation in which ALL> the slides will have dark blue background and ALL the text will
be in> orange or golden colour.

If pdfscreen is not a must for you, then using beamer class is a very good option. You can program any color for
the background, vertical (or horizontal) shading with 2 colors as well as choosing a color for equations etc.

S B Phadke
_________________________________________________________________
Missed your favourite programme? Stop surfing TV channels and start planning your weekend TV viewing with
our comprehensive TV Listing
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/TV/TVListing.aspx
_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia

Kannan Moudgalya | 19 Jul 14:40 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen

> If pdfscreen is not a must for you, then using beamer class is a very good
> option. You can program any color for the background, vertical (or
> horizontal) shading with 2 colors as well as choosing a color for
> equations etc.

I use a mix of text and equations, with every term to be shown sequentially.
I have given below an example, which I implement using pdfscreen and ppower4.

Some text. \pause Some more text \pause
LHS of equation = \pause term1 \pause + term2 \pause - term3 \pause ...
Additional text \pause, etc.

I believe that it requires more work to code the same thing using beamer.
Please correct me if I am wrong.  Thanks.

Kannan
p.s. Thanks to all suggestions on my previous question on colour

_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia

Kannan Moudgalya | 19 Jul 14:41 2008
Picon

Re: Colour change in pdfscreen

> If pdfscreen is not a must for you, then using beamer class is a very good
> option. You can program any color for the background, vertical (or
> horizontal) shading with 2 colors as well as choosing a color for
> equations etc.

I use a mix of text and equations, with every term to be shown sequentially.
I have given below an example, which I implement using pdfscreen and ppower4.

Some text. \pause Some more text \pause
LHS of equation = \pause term1 \pause + term2 \pause - term3 \pause ...
Additional text \pause, etc.

I believe that it requires more work to code the same thing using beamer.
Please correct me if I am wrong.  Thanks.

Kannan
p.s. Thanks to all suggestions on my previous question on colour

_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia

Naveed Shams | 20 Jul 18:52 2008
Picon

Diagram message

I want to make the diagram attached with the email message. I am using the following code in LaTeX:
\begin{displaymath}
\xymatrix{ \wtu \[r]^{\lambda} \ar[d]_{\pi} & \wtu' \ar[d]^{\pi'} \\
\wtu/\Ga \ar[d]_{\sim} & \wtu'/\Ga' \ar[d]^{\sim}\\ U \[r]& U'}
\end{displaymath}
But I am getting the following error message:
***********************
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ...\COORD <at>  =\xymatrixCOORD <at>  \setbox \z
 <at>  \hbox {\frozen  <at> everymat...
l.45 \xy <at> {\save }{\save <at>  }
%
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. 
************************
The problem is that I have used it in another environment successfully and the parameters are pretty much
the same in both environments. 
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Naveed

      
_______________________________________________
Home:        http://www.tug.org.in/
TeX FAQ:     http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
unsubscribe: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tugindia
Asha G | 21 Jul 02:41 2008
Picon

Using Beamer

I have never used color shading in beamer - should try that out.
But writing a document using text and eqn is not very difficult
\begin{size of lettering} text
\end{size of lettering}
\begin {equation}
equation
\end{equation}
\begin{eqnarray}
equations
\end{eqnarray}

You can write it so that eqn wrap around.

Hope this answers your question.
Asha Gopinathan

>
>
>
> > If pdfscreen is not a must for you, then using beamer class is a very
> good
> > option. You can program any color for the background, vertical (or
> > horizontal) shading with 2 colors as well as choosing a color for
> > equations etc.
>
> I use a mix of text and equations, with every term to be shown
> sequentially.
> I have given below an example, which I implement using pdfscreen and
> ppower4.
>
(Continue reading)

Nina Mazumdar | 21 Jul 06:59 2008
Picon

Re: Using Beamer

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Asha G <dendron.15@...> wrote:
>
> I have never used color shading in beamer - should try that out.
> But writing a document using text and eqn is not very difficult
> \begin{size of lettering} text
> \end{size of lettering}
> \begin {equation}
> equation
> \end{equation}
> \begin{eqnarray}
> equations
> \end{eqnarray}
>
> You can write it so that eqn wrap around.
>
> Hope this answers your question.

Whose question? Shrivijay Phadke or Kannan Moudgalya?  Whatever the
case, you have not answered any of the questions.

The problem Prof Kannan Moudgalya had pointed out was that he wanted
to write equations and text in a mixed manner with incremental builds.
 That is what \pause command does in pdfscreen+ppower4.  His rejoinder
to Shrivijay raised his doubt about ease of writing TeX code for
incemental builds which invoived equations and text were seemingly far
more with pdfscreen and ppower4 combination than supposedly with
beamer.  Do you have any answer or suggestion for this?

--

-- 
Nina
(Continue reading)


Gmane