Bruce Rusk | 1 Jul 04:37 2011
Picon

XeCJK issues

This replaces/updates my previous posting about a hyphenation problem. I've solved that (perhaps), but
am now having a problem using XeCJK in MikTeX 2.9 (Windows XP, everything in MiKTeX at latest version,
formats rebuilt, repository synced). XeCJK seems to be conflicting with the new l3packages.

To reproduce, I created this minimal document:
______________________________

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex+makeindex+bibtex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xeCJK}

\begin{document}

Some text.

\end{document}
_______________________________

With XeCJK enabled, I get the following error:
_______________________________
("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\l3packages\xparse\xparse.sty"
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \filename 

l.57 ...\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
_______________________________

(Continue reading)

Pétiard François | 1 Jul 06:17 2011
Picon

Re: XeCJK issues

Le 01/07/2011 04:37, Bruce Rusk a écrit :
> This replaces/updates my previous posting about a hyphenation problem. I've solved that (perhaps), but
am now having a problem using XeCJK in MikTeX 2.9 (Windows XP, everything in MiKTeX at latest version,
formats rebuilt, repository synced). XeCJK seems to be conflicting with the new l3packages.
>
> To reproduce, I created this minimal document:
> ______________________________
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex+makeindex+bibtex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{xeCJK}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Some text.
>
> \end{document}
> _______________________________
>
> With XeCJK enabled, I get the following error:
> _______________________________
> ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\l3packages\xparse\xparse.sty"
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument>  \filename
>
> l.57 ...\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
> _______________________________
(Continue reading)

Ulrike Fischer | 1 Jul 08:59 2011
Picon

Re: XeCJK issues

Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:37:30 -0400 schrieb Bruce Rusk:

> This replaces/updates my previous posting about a hyphenation problem. I've solved that (perhaps), but
am now having a problem using XeCJK in MikTeX 2.9 (Windows XP, everything in MiKTeX at latest version,
formats rebuilt, repository synced). XeCJK seems to be conflicting with the new l3packages.
> 
> To reproduce, I created this minimal document:
> ______________________________
> 
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex+makeindex+bibtex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> 
> \documentclass{article}
> 
> \usepackage{xeCJK}
> 
> \begin{document}
> 
> Some text.
> 
> \end{document}
> _______________________________
> 
> With XeCJK enabled, I get the following error:
> _______________________________
> ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\l3packages\xparse\xparse.sty"
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \filename 
>                      
> l.57 ...\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
(Continue reading)

Pétiard François | 1 Jul 09:20 2011
Picon

Re: XeCJK issues

Le 01/07/2011 08:59, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> That's a problem which appeared after the last update of l3kernel.
> xparse.sty (and every other package of l3packages) should use at the
> beginning
>
> \ProvidesExplPackage
> {\ExplFileName}{\ExplFileDate}{\ExplFileVersion}{\ExplFileDescription}
>
> instead of
>
> \ProvidesExplPackage
> {\filename}{\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
>
> The maintainers already know about the problem. The next update will
> solve it. In the meantime: change the .sty manually.

I don't understand: my MiKTeX 2.9 is updated (version 4197) but I don't 
have problems???

François

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security 
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes 
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
Ulrike Fischer | 1 Jul 09:35 2011
Picon

Re: XeCJK issues

Am Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:20:03 +0200 schrieb Pétiard François:

>> That's a problem which appeared after the last update of l3kernel.
>> xparse.sty (and every other package of l3packages) should use at the
>> beginning
>>
>> \ProvidesExplPackage
>> {\ExplFileName}{\ExplFileDate}{\ExplFileVersion}{\ExplFileDescription}
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> \ProvidesExplPackage
>> {\filename}{\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
>>
>> The maintainers already know about the problem. The next update will
>> solve it. In the meantime: change the .sty manually.
> 
> I don't understand: my MiKTeX 2.9 is updated (version 4197) but I don't 
> have problems???

That seems to be due to a problem with the update manager. Yesterday
(when the same question was asked in c.t.t.) I had to deinstall
l3kernel and reinstall it to get the newest version and actually see
the problem. expl3 has now version
   expl3.sty    2011/06/19 v2478 L3 Experimental code bundle wrapper

No idea why some got this version and other not. 

--

-- 
Ulrike Fischer 
(Continue reading)

Pétiard François | 1 Jul 09:42 2011
Picon

Re: XeCJK issues

Le 01/07/2011 09:35, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:20:03 +0200 schrieb Pétiard François:
>
>>> That's a problem which appeared after the last update of l3kernel.
>>> xparse.sty (and every other package of l3packages) should use at the
>>> beginning
>>>
>>> \ProvidesExplPackage
>>> {\ExplFileName}{\ExplFileDate}{\ExplFileVersion}{\ExplFileDescription}
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>> \ProvidesExplPackage
>>> {\filename}{\filedate}{\fileversion}{\filedescription}
>>>
>>> The maintainers already know about the problem. The next update will
>>> solve it. In the meantime: change the .sty manually.
>> I don't understand: my MiKTeX 2.9 is updated (version 4197) but I don't
>> have problems???
> That seems to be due to a problem with the update manager. Yesterday
> (when the same question was asked in c.t.t.) I had to deinstall
> l3kernel and reinstall it to get the newest version and actually see
> the problem. expl3 has now version
>     expl3.sty    2011/06/19 v2478 L3 Experimental code bundle wrapper
>
> No idea why some got this version and other not.

OK. Thank you.

François
(Continue reading)

Hubert Lam | 3 Jul 08:24 2011

Re: File name database capacity exceeded

Hi all

Is there a fix to this issue?

I've never seen this issue before, but it seems of late the MiKTeX repository has had several issues of its own.

Thanks

Hubert

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas [mailto:AndreasSander1 <at> gmx.net] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:27 AM
To: miktex-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [MiKTeX] File name database capacity exceeded

Am 27.06.2011 11:17, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
>
> I would call it a bug if its capacity is really exceeded by  ...

> To get around the problem you can install a basic miktex and then add 
> more packages with on-the-fly installation or the package manager (You 
> can use the folder where you downloaded all the packages as local 
> repository, so you don't have to download all again).
>

I did so, and installing the basic miktex did the job. While the automatic download/install is enabled I
just get some delays during compile. Should be vanish some times.

Thanks,
(Continue reading)

Hubert Lam | 3 Jul 08:27 2011

Has anyone had to contact the author of Aurora?

http://elevatorlady.ca/

I've purchased this piece of s/w in 2007 but has apparently clocked too many "activations" when I've really
stuck with two machines. E-mail contact made but to no avail :(

Has anyone contacted the author before?

Hubert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security 
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes 
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
Olly | 3 Jul 08:58 2011
Picon

Re: Has anyone had to contact the author of Aurora?

Hi Hubert,

2011/7/3 Hubert Lam <hubert <at> hubertlam.info>:

> Has anyone contacted the author [of aurora] before?

Yes, I did. - As not all my colleagues want to buy Aurora, I switched
to IguanaTex. :)

Cheers,

Oliver

P.S.: Something seems wrong with your DNS entry. "unknown host hubertlam.info"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security 
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes 
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
Hubert Lam | 3 Jul 10:44 2011

Re: Has anyone had to contact the author of Aurora?

Hi Olly

Yes I'm transitioning to Office 365 and have modified settings recently. Should be fine soon.

I'll try contacting the author again.

Hubert

-----Original Message-----
From: Olly [mailto:olly98 <at> users.sf.net] 
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:58 PM
To: A place for MiKTeX users to discuss MiKTeX related questions.
Subject: Re: [MiKTeX] Has anyone had to contact the author of Aurora?

Hi Hubert,

2011/7/3 Hubert Lam <hubert <at> hubertlam.info>:

> Has anyone contacted the author [of aurora] before?

Yes, I did. - As not all my colleagues want to buy Aurora, I switched to IguanaTex. :)

Cheers,

Oliver

P.S.: Something seems wrong with your DNS entry. "unknown host hubertlam.info"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
(Continue reading)


Gmane