Igor Spectorsky | 1 Mar 11:41 2007
Picon

levy (lgreek) package on miktex 2.5

Question about levy (lgreek) package. I used it on previous MiKTeX 
version, but I face a problems with it on MiKTeX 2.5.
The main problem is: tfm files (with greek fonts) aren't created.
Does anybody know what I should do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
Picon

Two problems

Dear users,

I've got two problems with LaTeX.

The first one is: I want to quote text in another part of the text. This 
has to be quoted literally.

So I write \sometrick{this}

and I reference it should read

this

--

The other question is that I like a robust evironment for pictures. I 
have used the figure environment in the past, but I don't think it is 
robust. What's the best environment to use these days?

Thanks,

Wilfred

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
Tim Adlam | 1 Mar 17:25 2007
Picon

Re: Two problems

Bi-Info (http://members.home.nl/bi-info) wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I've got two problems with LaTeX.
>
> The first one is: I want to quote text in another part of the text. This 
> has to be quoted literally.
>
> So I write \sometrick{this}
>
> and I reference it should read
>
> this
>
> --
>
> The other question is that I like a robust evironment for pictures. I 
> have used the figure environment in the past, but I don't think it is 
> robust. What's the best environment to use these days?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wilfred
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
> _______________________________________________
(Continue reading)

Christopher Heckman | 2 Mar 07:42 2007
Picon

Re: Two problems

On 3/1/07, Bi-Info (http://members.home.nl/bi-info) <bi-info <at> home.nl> wrote:
>
> I've got two problems with LaTeX.
>
> The first one is: I want to quote text in another part of the text. This
> has to be quoted literally.
>
> So I write \sometrick{this}
>
> and I reference it should read
>
> this

Before you use it the first time, use:

\def\texttorepeat{this}

Then use the \texttorepeat macro in both places.

     --- Christopher Heckman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
Lukas Tanner | 2 Mar 11:35 2007
Picon

Re: Two problems


--- Christopher Heckman <ccheckman <at> gmail.com> schrieb:

> On 3/1/07, Bi-Info (http://members.home.nl/bi-info)
> <bi-info <at> home.nl> wrote:
> >
> > I've got two problems with LaTeX.
> >
> > The first one is: I want to quote text in another
> part of the text. This
> > has to be quoted literally.
> >
> > So I write \sometrick{this}
> >
> > and I reference it should read
> >
> > this
> 
> Before you use it the first time, use:
> 
> \def\texttorepeat{this}
> 
> Then use the \texttorepeat macro in both places.
> 
>      --- Christopher Heckman
> 
> 

Hello
I think it is not recommendet to use \def in LaTeX,
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Boustrophedon --- Changing writing direction

There probably is.

But I advise you to look at several methods. XeTeX is an option, but 
there is also Omega, which offers a lot of solutions. There are several 
packages who support it. You can look into them (see eg ArabTeX, which 
has some functionality for it).

Cheers,

Wilfred

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
Hartmut Henkel | 2 Mar 22:35 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: Boustrophedon --- Changing writing direction

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Stephan Boehme wrote:

> does anybody know of a MikTeX-Package that implements the
> boustrophedon writing behaviour? Boustrophedon means that the writing
> direction changes at every line, see also
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boustrophedon or
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boustrophedon. I'm especially interested
> in a solution to use with German.

just as a hint: you can play with PDF coordinate transforms. To show the
principle, here is a plain TeX Boustrophedon example for pdftex that is
a small modification to the \NumberParagraph macro from the book
"Einf├╝hrung in TeX", 3. ed., by Norbert Schwarz. Every even line is
mirrored by the "... cm" transform. Maybe there is also some LaTeX
package as basis that could be tweaked like this...

Regards, Hartmut

\long\def\NumberParagraph#1{%
  {\setbox1=\vbox{\advance\hsize by -20pt#1}%
   \vfuzz=10pt
   \splittopskip=0pt
   \count1=0
   \par\noindent
   \def\rebox{%
       \advance\count1 by 1\relax
       \count2=\count1
       \divide\count2 by 2
       \multiply\count2 by 2
       \hbox to 20pt{\strut\hfil\number\count1\hfil}%
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Two problems

There is an Emacs package I found out which does the trick of directly 
quoting: RefTeX

The other problem. I've got something which might work.

Thanks,

Wilfred

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
Christopher Heckman | 3 Mar 07:26 2007
Picon

Re: Two problems

On 3/2/07, Lukas Tanner <njuinfo-lou <at> yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> --- Christopher Heckman <ccheckman <at> gmail.com> schrieb:
>
> > On 3/1/07, Bi-Info (http://members.home.nl/bi-info)
> > <bi-info <at> home.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've got two problems with LaTeX.
> > >
> > > The first one is: I want to quote text in another part of the text. This
> > > has to be quoted literally.
> > >
> > > So I write \sometrick{this}
> > >
> > > and I reference it should read
> > >
> > > this
> >
> > Before you use it the first time, use:
> >
> > \def\texttorepeat{this}
> >
> > Then use the \texttorepeat macro in both places.
> >
> >      --- Christopher Heckman
> >
> >
>
> Hello
> I think it is not recommendet to use \def in LaTeX,
(Continue reading)

Robert Hardy | 4 Mar 00:02 2007
Picon

Landscape problem

I am having trouble using landscape orientation with version 2.5. As I
remember version 2.4 worked properly.

The problem is not with text formatting, it is with display and
printing. When landscape mode is requested the margins change and text
ahpily goes off the right edge of the paper. Aparently the fact of
lndscape mode is not being communicated to the viewers. The problem is
the same using YAP and when creating PDF documents.

Any sugestions?

Robert Hardy

Robert D. Hardy
rdhardy2 <at> yahoo.com

 
____________________________________________________________________________________
No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go 
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Gmane