Tomas Jonsson | 1 Jun 11:26 2012
Picon

Multiple tex file search

Hi, I have a question about multiple file search. 

My favourite tex editor used to be AlphaX, but since I started to use Biber/Biblatex I write utf-8 encoded
texts and AlphaX doesn't support that yet. Anyway, AlphaX has a very useful feature of multiple file
search that's very convenient, if you use a root tex file with a subset of included tex files. In AlphaX it's
possible to define a "Fileset" that takes care of which files that are included in the root file. That way
it's possible to search all the included files as one and AlphaX opens the actual file when doing a search
and find. You can also do a multiple file search and replace.

Is it possible to recreate this feature in TeXShop?

Best Regards

Tomas Jonsson
----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
List Info: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex

Enrico Franconi | 1 Jun 11:45 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tex file search

This can be done in LaTeXian, a (non-free-but-cheap-and-with-free-trial) competitor to TeXShop.
--e.

On 1 Jun 2012, at 11:26, Tomas Jonsson wrote:

> Hi, I have a question about multiple file search. 
> 
> My favourite tex editor used to be AlphaX, but since I started to use Biber/Biblatex I write utf-8 encoded
texts and AlphaX doesn't support that yet. Anyway, AlphaX has a very useful feature of multiple file
search that's very convenient, if you use a root tex file with a subset of included tex files. In AlphaX it's
possible to define a "Fileset" that takes care of which files that are included in the root file. That way
it's possible to search all the included files as one and AlphaX opens the actual file when doing a search
and find. You can also do a multiple file search and replace.
> 
> Is it possible to recreate this feature in TeXShop?
> 
> Best Regards
> 
> Tomas Jonsson----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
> List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
> TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
> List Info: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex
> 

----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
(Continue reading)

ERIC VAN DER OORD | 1 Jun 13:11 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tex file search

I warmly support this wish.

Up to now I Use TextWrangler...

Eric

Le 1 juin 2012 à 11:26, Tomas Jonsson a écrit :

> Hi, I have a question about multiple file search. 
> 
> My favourite tex editor used to be AlphaX, but since I started to use Biber/Biblatex I write utf-8 encoded
texts and AlphaX doesn't support that yet. Anyway, AlphaX has a very useful feature of multiple file
search that's very convenient, if you use a root tex file with a subset of included tex files. In AlphaX it's
possible to define a "Fileset" that takes care of which files that are included in the root file. That way
it's possible to search all the included files as one and AlphaX opens the actual file when doing a search
and find. You can also do a multiple file search and replace.
> 
> Is it possible to recreate this feature in TeXShop?
> 
> Best Regards
> 
> Tomas Jonsson----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
> List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
> TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
> List Info: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex
> 

----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
(Continue reading)

William Adams | 1 Jun 13:27 2012

Re: Multiple tex file search

On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:26 AM, Tomas Jonsson wrote:

> My favourite tex editor used to be AlphaX, but since I started to use Biber/Biblatex I write utf-8 encoded
texts and AlphaX doesn't support that yet. Anyway, AlphaX has a very useful feature of multiple file
search that's very convenient, if you use a root tex file with a subset of included tex files. In AlphaX it's
possible to define a "Fileset" that takes care of which files that are included in the root file. That way
it's possible to search all the included files as one and AlphaX opens the actual file when doing a search
and find. You can also do a multiple file search and replace.
> 
> Is it possible to recreate this feature in TeXShop?

I've been wanting multi-file search-replace in TeXshop for a long while.

I'd envision having a couple of options:

 - all open files
 - all files which are \included in a particular root document

and more which I'm too brain-dead to think of before my first cup of coffee.

William

--

-- 
William Adams
senior graphic designer
Fry Communications
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.

(Continue reading)

ERIC VAN DER OORD | 1 Jun 14:00 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tex file search

Could I add "all *.tex files which are in the current folder" ?

Eric

Le 1 juin 2012 à 13:27, William Adams a écrit :

> I'd envision having a couple of options:
> 
> - all open files
> - all files which are \included in a particular root document
> 
> and more which I'm too brain-dead to think of before my first cup of coffee.

----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
List Info: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex

Richard Koch | 1 Jun 15:54 2012

Re: Multiple tex file search

Folks,

I am aware of this request. 

There won't be further TeXShop updates
until MacTeX-2012 is released, but that won't be very long.

Dick Koch

On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:00 AM, ERIC VAN DER OORD wrote:

> Could I add "all *.tex files which are in the current folder" ?
> 
> Eric
> 
> Le 1 juin 2012 à 13:27, William Adams a écrit :
> 
>> I'd envision having a couple of options:
>> 
>> - all open files
>> - all files which are \included in a particular root document
>> 
>> and more which I'm too brain-dead to think of before my first cup of coffee.

----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
List Info: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex
(Continue reading)

"M. Tamer Özsu" | 1 Jun 16:59 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tex file search

It would be so good if you could put "multiple tabs" high on the list of things to do -- that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

==Tamer
--
M. Tamer Özsu
University of Waterloo

On 2012-06-01, at 9:54 AM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
> 
> I am aware of this request. 
> 
> There won't be further TeXShop updates
> until MacTeX-2012 is released, but that won't be very long.
> 
> Dick Koch
> 
> On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:00 AM, ERIC VAN DER OORD wrote:
> 
>> Could I add "all *.tex files which are in the current folder" ?
>> 
>> Eric
>> 
>> Le 1 juin 2012 à 13:27, William Adams a écrit :
>> 
>>> I'd envision having a couple of options:
>>> 
(Continue reading)

Enrico Franconi | 1 Jun 18:04 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tex file search

This can be done in LaTeXian, a (non-free-but-cheap-and-with-free-trial) competitor to TeXShop.
--e.

PS: I am not affiliated in any way with the company producing LaTeXian, just a fan.

On 1 Jun 2012, at 16:59, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> It would be so good if you could put "multiple tabs" high on the list of things to do -- that would be very helpful.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> ==Tamer
> --
> M. Tamer Özsu
> University of Waterloo
> 
> On 2012-06-01, at 9:54 AM, Richard Koch wrote:
> 
>> Folks,
>> 
>> I am aware of this request. 
>> 
>> There won't be further TeXShop updates
>> until MacTeX-2012 is released, but that won't be very long.
>> 
>> Dick Koch
>> 
>> On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:00 AM, ERIC VAN DER OORD wrote:
>> 
>>> Could I add "all *.tex files which are in the current folder" ?
(Continue reading)

"M. Tamer Özsu" | 1 Jun 20:28 2012
Picon

Re: Multiple tabs

Yes Enrico, I tried and bought Latexian after your recommendation. I use it from time to time, but find
myself going to TexShop for heavy-duty latexing. I am hoping it will eventually include multiple tabs

==Tamer

P.S. Forgot to change the subject the last time I posted regarding multiple tabs. My apologies for
hijacking that thread; I have corrected it now.
--
M. Tamer Özsu
University of Waterloo

On 2012-06-01, at 12:04 PM, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> This can be done in LaTeXian, a (non-free-but-cheap-and-with-free-trial) competitor to TeXShop.
> --e.
> 
> PS: I am not affiliated in any way with the company producing LaTeXian, just a fan.
> 
> On 1 Jun 2012, at 16:59, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:
> 
>> It would be so good if you could put "multiple tabs" high on the list of things to do -- that would be very helpful.
>> 
>> Thanks.
>> 
>> ==Tamer
>> --
>> M. Tamer Özsu
>> University of Waterloo
>> 
>> On 2012-06-01, at 9:54 AM, Richard Koch wrote:
(Continue reading)

Axel Kielhorn | 2 Jun 10:32 2012
Picon

BasicTeX and documentation

Last year I installed BasicTeX on my laptop to save some memory.
While on the road I discovered that BasicTeX doesn't install the documentation.
Back at home I 

tlmgr install texdoc

and asked the TL list for help to get the documentation for the packages installed.

Norbert Preining told me to

tlmgr option docfiles 1

and

tlmgr install --reinstall $(tlmgr list --only-installed | sed -e 's/^i //' -e 's/:.*$//')

which worked fine (and tripled the size of the TeX installation).

Maybe this information can be added to the BasicTeX documentation (not that anyone will read it).

Or even better an option in TLU to enable documentation and reinstall all/some packages.

Yes, I know, it's almost too late for TL2012.
But I used my laptop earlier today and it told me about pretest and I remembered.

Axel
----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
(Continue reading)


Gmane