Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan | 15 Feb 10:07 2012
Picon

Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Hi,
     I would like to add a link in my presentation which would open an 
external PDF file. For example, I would have the phrase "Is this OK?" 
where when I click on "OK" then an external PDF file will be opened.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Y.Calleecharan

Christine Roemer | 15 Feb 09:28 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Hi,
Am 15.02.2012 10:07, schrieb Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan:
>
>     I would like to add a link in my presentation which would open an 
> external PDF file. For example, I would have the phrase "Is this OK?" 
> where when I click on "OK" then an external PDF file will be opened.
\hypersetup{backref=page, ...}

\begin{slide}{}
Is this OK?
\href{run:example.pdf}{OK}
\end{slide}

Greetings,
Christine

--

-- 
http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~xcr/v2/
http://www.lexicology.de/

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan | 15 Feb 10:52 2012
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Thanks. It is working. However when one goes to the file example.pdf, 
the original presentation file is closed. I can add another \href, this 
time to example.pdf to open the presentation file again. But then the 
presentation file opens at the beginning. How do I make the presentation 
file to open again at the location where we had the line "Is this 
\href{run:example.pdf}{OK}" ?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Yogeshwarsing

On 2/15/2012 9:28 AM, Christine Roemer wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 15.02.2012 10:07, schrieb Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan:
>>      I would like to add a link in my presentation which would open an
>> external PDF file. For example, I would have the phrase "Is this OK?"
>> where when I click on "OK" then an external PDF file will be opened.
> \hypersetup{backref=page, ...}
>
> \begin{slide}{}
> Is this OK?
> \href{run:example.pdf}{OK}
> \end{slide}
>
>
> Greetings,
> Christine
>
>
(Continue reading)

Christine Roemer | 15 Feb 09:59 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Am 15.02.2012 10:52, schrieb Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan:
> Thanks. It is working. However when one goes to the file example.pdf, 
> the original presentation file is closed. I can add another \href, 
> this time to example.pdf to open the presentation file again. But then 
> the presentation file opens at the beginning. How do I make the 
> presentation file to open again at the location where we had the line 
> "Is this \href{run:example.pdf}{OK}" ?

powerdot-file.tex
-------------------------
slide number x:

Is this \href{run:example.pdf}{OK}

example.tex
------------------
\begin{document}

\href[page=x]{powerdot-file.pdf}{OK}

\end{document}

Christine

--

-- 
http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~xcr/v2/
http://www.lexicology.de/

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan | 15 Feb 11:08 2012
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

This command:

\href[page=x]{powerdot-file.pdf}{OK}

is not opening the file at the right page. We are still at the beginning 
of the document.

BR
Yogeshwarsing

On 2/15/2012 9:59 AM, Christine Roemer wrote:
> Am 15.02.2012 10:52, schrieb Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan:
>> Thanks. It is working. However when one goes to the file example.pdf,
>> the original presentation file is closed. I can add another \href,
>> this time to example.pdf to open the presentation file again. But then
>> the presentation file opens at the beginning. How do I make the
>> presentation file to open again at the location where we had the line
>> "Is this \href{run:example.pdf}{OK}" ?
> powerdot-file.tex
> -------------------------
> slide number x:
>
> Is this \href{run:example.pdf}{OK}
>
> example.tex
> ------------------
> \begin{document}
>
> \href[page=x]{powerdot-file.pdf}{OK}
>
(Continue reading)

Anjishnu Sarkar | 15 Feb 18:48 2012
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Dear all,

I am attaching two tex files and the corresponding pdf files.
Both the files has forward and back button on the bottom left hand corner.
Once you navigate from talk.pdf file to extra.pdf file click on the back button and you should be able to jump back to the correct page in talk.pdf.

I have seen xpdf in fullscreen with continuous mode off does this nicely.
I think acrobat reader in windows also does it correctly. Let me know if you have any problem.

Regards,
Anjishnu

Attachment (talk.tex): application/x-tex, 1398 bytes
Attachment (extra.tex): application/x-tex, 1381 bytes
Attachment (talk.pdf): application/pdf, 20 KiB
Attachment (extra.pdf): application/pdf, 21 KiB
Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan | 17 Feb 19:57 2012
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards,
Y.Calleecharan

On 2/15/2012 6:48 PM, Anjishnu Sarkar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am attaching two tex files and the corresponding pdf files.
> Both the files has forward and back button on the bottom left hand corner.
> Once you navigate from talk.pdf file to extra.pdf file click on the 
> back button and you should be able to jump back to the correct page in 
> talk.pdf.
>
> I have seen xpdf in fullscreen with continuous mode off does this nicely.
> I think acrobat reader in windows also does it correctly. Let me know 
> if you have any problem.
>
> Regards,
> Anjishnu
>

Anjishnu Sarkar | 18 Feb 07:30 2012
Picon

Re: Powerdot: adding a hyperlink to open an external file

Your welcome

Regards,
Anjishnu

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan | 22 Feb 15:51 2012
Picon

movie in presentation does not work with TeXLive 2011

Hi,
      I have a problem to make movie with (latest) TexLive 2011 and with 
the latest Powerdot. Below is my code for the presentation. You can find 
the additional files needed here:

test.ps and test.avi

http://petitlien.fr/platex

The compilation works fine with TexLive 2008 but not with TexLive 2011. 
The DVIPS operation produces no complaints but the postscript file does 
not include the slide on which the movie is. And the compilation to pdf 
produces errors. Here is my workflow with TeXLive 2011:

latex "%1"
latex "%1"
latex "%1"
dvips -D7200 -Pcms -Ppdf -j0 -G0 "%1.dvi"
ps2pdf -dCompatibilityLevel#1.5 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -r720 
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.5 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dMaxSubsetPct=100 
-dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dEPSCrop "%1.ps" "%1.pdf"

All files should be in the same folder.

The presentation file defense.tex is:

\documentclass[size=10pt,mode=present,paper=screen,letterpaper,landscape,english,style=myaggie,display=slides]{powerdot}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{movie15}

\begin{document}
\begin{slide}[toc=,bm=]{Overview}
\tableofcontents[content=sections]
\end{slide}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\section{Background}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\begin{slide}{Motivation}
\begin{itemize}
    \pause
   \item These eccentricities and the phenomenon of
\textcolor{red}{unbalanced magnetic pull} (UMP) mutually affect each
other\\[3.7mm]
    \pause
   \item The present work has as aims to.
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\begin{slide}[toc=The UMP]{More about the unbalanced magnetic pull$\ldots$}
\onslide*{1}{
\begin{itemize}
\item The UMP has two components: A \textcolor{red}{radial} component
and a \textcolor{red}{tangential} one\\[3.7mm]
\end{itemize}
}

\end{slide}

\begin{wideslide}[toc=Simulation results]{Does not work with TL2011}
\onslide*{1}{
\vspace{-0.45em}
\def\scalew{1.0}
\def\scaleh{.57}
\includemovie[toolbar,autoresume,repeat=7,text={\includegraphics[width=\scalew\textwidth,height=\scaleh\textwidth]{test.ps}}]{}{}{test.avi}
\vspace{-1.25em}
\begin{itemize}
\item This does not work.
\end{itemize}
}
\end{wideslide}

\end{document}

So basically with TeXLive 2011, the last page containing the movie never 
enter the presentation file. But everything works fine with TeXLive 2008.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Y.Calleecharan

Alexander Grahn | 22 Feb 16:47 2012
Picon

Re: movie in presentation does not work with TeXLive 2011

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 03:51:40PM +0100, Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan wrote:
>Hi,
>      I have a problem to make movie with (latest) TexLive 2011 and with 
>the latest Powerdot. Below is my code for the presentation. You can find 
>the additional files needed here:
>
>test.ps and test.avi
>
>http://petitlien.fr/platex
>
>The compilation works fine with TexLive 2008 but not with TexLive 2011. 
>The DVIPS operation produces no complaints but the postscript file does 
>not include the slide on which the movie is. And the compilation to pdf 
>produces errors.
>
> ...
>
>ps2pdf -dCompatibilityLevel#1.5 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -r720 
>-dCompatibilityLevel=1.5 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dMaxSubsetPct=100 
>-dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dEPSCrop "%1.ps" "%1.pdf"
>

Add

  -dNOSAFER

to the list of options of ps2pdf. This overrides security settings of
newer Ghostscript versions.

Alexander


Gmane