Askozia 2.0rc2 and 1.0.3 experiences
I've been playing a little with Askozia, and hope that it's useful to
share some of the things I stumbled upon.
I started with the latest 2.0rc2, but found that after booting the
system did not respond to my USB keyboard. (I'm testing on a Dell
Optiplex GX280.) Fortunately, the system used DHCP and I was able to use
the webinterface and ssh in, so no showstopper there.
The Askozia 1.0.3 release did work properly with my USB-keyboard, BTW.
During the boot I also noticed that my USB disk was not recognized. Not
sure why, the system booted from /dev/hda (CD), the primary harddrive
was /dev/sda and the USB-drive should be /dev/sdb1 - I was actually able
to mount it myself via ssh.
The USB-drive was recognized properly by Askozia 1.0.3...
I really hoped that my ISDN adapter would work out of the box, but it
didn't. I'm not sure if I should blame Askozia here, perhaps Linux in
general. I did try Trixbox 220.127.116.11 and that didn't work either, not by
default and playing with mISDN at least. It did seem to be recognized
somehow, judging by dmesg. (And lspci recognized it.)
The ISDN interface is one based on the Winbond 6692, the Dynalink
IS64PH. Just a simple (and probably cheap) one.
And, hehe, the ISDN card *does* work on Askozia 1.0.3, so yay FreeBSD
That was quite simple actually.