James Newell | 5 Jul 15:00 2007

Re: generic eabi arm embedded build uclibc failure

Thank You.  

I did an svn update, and that got me to building the stage 1 linux26 kernel 
which fails building several modules using old style udelay calls which have 
not been fixed by the upstream  maintainers for some time now.  I created a 
target/embedded/kernel.conf file attached that disables building those 
modules.

My next encounter is 1st stage binutils error:
arm-t2-linux-gnueabi-gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Werror -g -O2 -o
.libs/as-new 
app.o as.o atof-generic.o cond.o depend.o dwarf2dbg.o dw2gencfi.o ecoff.o 
ehopt.o expr.o flonum-copy.o flonum-konst.o flonum-mult.o frags.o hash.o 
input-file.o input-scrub.o listing.o literal.o macro.o messages.o 
output-file.o read.o sb.o stabs.o subsegs.o symbols.o write.o tc-arm.o 
obj-elf.o 
atof-ieee.o  ../opcodes/.libs/libopcodes.so ../bfd/.libs/libbfd.so
-L/home/jnewell/work/t2-trunk/src.binutils.default.20070703.145344.14953.orion.eng.wgate.com/binutils-2.17.50.0.15/objdir/libiberty/pic
-liberty
../libiberty/libiberty.a
/home/jnewell/work/t2-trunk/src.binutils.default.20070703.145344.14953.orion.eng.wgate.com/binutils-2.17.50.0.15/objdir/libiberty/pic/libiberty.a(floatformat.o): 
In function `floatformat_from_double':
floatformat.c:(.text+0x2d8): undefined reference to `frexp'
floatformat.c:(.text+0x350): undefined reference to
`ldexp'
/home/jnewell/work/t2-trunk/src.binutils.default.20070703.145344.14953.orion.eng.wgate.com/binutils-2.17.50.0.15/objdir/libiberty/pic/libiberty.a(floatformat.o): 
In function `floatformat_to_double':
floatformat.c:(.text+0x530): undefined reference to `ldexp'
floatformat.c:(.text+0x5b8): undefined reference to `ldexp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
(Continue reading)

René Rebe | 5 Jul 15:42 2007
Picon

Re: generic eabi arm embedded build uclibc failure

Hi James,

On Thursday 05 July 2007 15:00:42 James Newell wrote:
> Thank You.  
> 
> I did an svn update, and that got me to building the stage 1 linux26 kernel 
> which fails building several modules using old style udelay calls which have 
> not been fixed by the upstream  maintainers for some time now.  I created a 
> target/embedded/kernel.conf file attached that disables building those 
> modules.

Thanks for your efford. However, this .config only applies to ARM (and maybe
MIPS or so) builds and the fixed config probable is not what T2 would auto-
generate for all the other architectures.

The per architecture disabling of kernel modules goes into the files in
architecture/$arch/kernel$kernelver-disable.lst

such as:
architecture/arm/kernel26-disable.lst

With one CONFIG_* symbol per line while the date and first occurance are
just informational.

> My next encounter is 1st stage binutils error:
> arm-t2-linux-gnueabi-gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Werror -g -O2 -o
.libs/as-new 
> app.o as.o atof-generic.o cond.o depend.o dwarf2dbg.o dw2gencfi.o ecoff.o 
> ehopt.o expr.o flonum-copy.o flonum-konst.o flonum-mult.o frags.o hash.o 
> input-file.o input-scrub.o listing.o literal.o macro.o messages.o 
(Continue reading)

James Newell | 5 Jul 21:15 2007

Re: generic eabi arm embedded build uclibc failure

On Thursday 05 July 2007 9:42:33 am René Rebe wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Thursday 05 July 2007 15:00:42 James Newell wrote:
> > Thank You.
> >
> > I did an svn update, and that got me to building the stage 1 linux26
> > kernel which fails building several modules using old style udelay calls
> > which have not been fixed by the upstream  maintainers for some time now.
> >  I created a target/embedded/kernel.conf file attached that disables
> > building those modules.
>
> Thanks for your efford. However, this .config only applies to ARM (and
> maybe MIPS or so) builds and the fixed config probable is not what T2 would
> auto- generate for all the other architectures.
>
> The per architecture disabling of kernel modules goes into the files in
> architecture/$arch/kernel$kernelver-disable.lst
>
> such as:
> architecture/arm/kernel26-disable.lst
>
> With one CONFIG_* symbol per line while the date and first occurance are
> just informational.
>
I have attached patch for architecture/arm/kernel26-disable.lst.

> > My next encounter is 1st stage binutils error:
> > arm-t2-linux-gnueabi-gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> > -Wmissing-prototypes -Werror -g -O2 -o .libs/as-new app.o as.o
(Continue reading)

Martin Papadopoulos | 12 Jul 21:07 2007
Picon

parted


hi there,

parted breaks on build-stage 3 .
any ideas ?

greetz
martin

René Rebe | 13 Jul 15:23 2007
Picon

Re: parted

Hi,

On Thursday 12 July 2007 21:07:22 Martin Papadopoulos wrote:

> hi there,
> 
> parted breaks on build-stage 3 .

Do you have some erorr log snipplet for us to take a look?

--

-- 
  René Rebe - ExactCODE GmbH - Europe, Germany, Berlin
  http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.name

----------------------------------------------------------- 
If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, send mail to
lists <at> t2-project.org with a subject of: unsubscribe t2
Marc Blumentritt | 14 Jul 15:41 2007
Picon

Build of generic target fails

Hi,

I'm trying for the first time to build a generic target with T2 (minimal
package list with xorg). The build fails more or less right at the
beginning with linux-headers (see attached log).

I'm using an up to date Gentoo Linux system for building.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Marc
Command Wrapper Debug: running 'gcc --version' ..
gcc is /root/T2/t2-7.0-rc/build/default-7.0-rc-generic-x86-athlon-xp/TOOLCHAIN/tools.cross/wrapper/gcc
Old Command: gcc --version
ENVPREFIX = 'CMD'
OTHERS = 'ccache'
INSERT = '--help?:-pipe -O2'
REMOVE = '-O -O[0-9s] -mtune* -march* -mcpu* -g*'
APPEND = '-s'
FILTER = ''
conditonal arg: --help?:-pipe.
conditonal: --help, lhs: , rhs: -pipe.
Insert: -pipe
Insert: -O2
Copy:   --version
Append: -s
Running external wrapper: ccache
 ccache gcc -pipe -O2 --version -s
(Continue reading)

Olivier Fauchon | 17 Jul 15:11 2007

Whishlist for T2-RESC


Hi... 

"The FOSS community is very much invited to define what other tools
should be packed into it or beeing removed!"

--> Here is my wishlist for t2-rescue CD :

- afio
- lvm2 
- md tools (mdadm... for raid)
- lftp
- afio
- netcat
- lilo & grub
- tcpdump (and wireshark for X)
- loadkey FR & DVORAK :-) 

PS: 

Can't find x86 release here:
http://nexus.tfh-berlin.de/t2/binary/unstable/7.0-trunk/t-resc-0.6/

Thx ! 

Rene Rebe | 18 Jul 12:14 2007
Picon

[ANNOUNCE] r25000(++) and 2900(++) packages

Hi all,

again we hit a new magnitude in numbers: The versioned revisions in our 
T2 SDE Project subversion repository climbed over the 25000 mark (already
at r25059) with more than 2900 packages in our source tree!

1016 of the 2901 packages (35%!) are marked to be known to cross-compile.

As usual a big warm thank-you to all the contributors for the ongoing and
amazing work.

Yours,
  René Rebe - ExactCODE GmbH

PS: Graphical stats as usual  <at>  http://svn.exactcode.de/
PPS: Online package matrix  <at>  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/
PPPS:  ChageLog  <at>  http://svn.exactcode.de/ChangeLog-t2
PPPPS: T2 people wordmap  <at>  http://www.t2-project.org/startpage/

--

-- 
  René Rebe - ExactCODE GmbH - Europe, Germany, Berlin
  http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.name

----------------------------------------------------------- 
If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, send mail to
lists <at> t2-project.org with a subject of: unsubscribe t2
René Rebe | 19 Jul 19:13 2007
Picon

[ANNOUNCE] new T2 homepage CSS

Hi all,

since people continued to bug us when we get a pleasantly looking
homepage multiple times a day, I took this afternoon and finsihed the
modern CSS I already hat lingering around since 1 and 1/2 hear even
in the public T2 homepage SVN, sigh.

Though your mileage may vary, at least in my humble opinion we
finally got a site that should look quite attractive,

And although the page looks magnitudes more modern, it even renders
nearly perfectly even in the older Internet Explorer (just some tiny off-
by-one pixel errors with the background images).

As a reminder, the homepage has it's own SVN repository at:

  http://svn.exactcode.de/www-t2/trunk/

and you are all invited to improve it :-)

I hope this make a better day - yours,

  René

--

-- 
  René Rebe - ExactCODE GmbH - Europe, Germany, Berlin
  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478
  http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.name
(Continue reading)

L.M.J | 31 Jul 20:07 2007
Picon

Cinelerra CVS on T2

Hi,

 You will find here the svn diff to emerge Cinelerra CVS version on T2 with modified fftw3

   Best regards.

  	Johan
Attachment (cinelerra_svn_diff): application/octet-stream, 3607 bytes
----------------------------------------------------------- 
If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, send mail to
lists <at> t2-project.org with a subject of: unsubscribe t2

Gmane