[ANNOUNCE] FSVS 1.1.16 released, and [Alert]
Philipp Marek <philipp <at> marek.priv.at>
2008-06-18 15:22:08 GMT
here's a fresh release.
Important: if you're versioning your /etc/ *and* you're using the DynDNS
registration client, please change your password; the filtering script used
for ddclient.conf was wrong, and so your password might be stored in your
It's been about 3 months since the last feature release; it took a bit
longer because I changed some internal conventions and shoved code around.
The major changes since 1.1.15 are:
- FSVS_WARNINGS removed. Use FSVS_WARNING.
- Handling of FSVS_WAA and FSVS_CONF now via the normal option handling, to
reduce code size. Now it's possible to use "-oconf=..." on the command line, too.
(But it's not possible to override the paths from the config file.)
- Bugfix for error after commit, when $EDITOR returned an 0 byte file as
- "fsvs diff" changed to recursive behavior, as "svn" does.
- Fixed "fsvs diff -rX" to print only changed entries, not the whole list.
- "fsvs diff -rX:Y" reimplemented, too; performance could get optimized.
- Rewrote entry fetching from the repository. Previously a file with bad
mode (like 0111) couldn't get diffed.
- "update -rX" and "diff -rX" (but not "diff -rX:Y") now use the per-url
override syntax (see "-u").
- New option to set maximum number of revisions on "fsvs log".
- Fixed diff for symlinks and devices.
- New option "stop_change" for use in scripts.
- New option "author" for commit (but that doesn't work for svn+ssh://)