Robert Serna | 1 Sep 01:58 2005
Picon

Re: New Apple user need suggestions!


On Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 14:37 Martin Joseph wrote:

> You can still use NCU after you install "classic" which supports the older =
MacOS system.<
--------------------
And where can I find "classic"? Robert
-- 
sent with a MP2100 using Mail V using D-Link DWL-650 via Earthlink via =
802.11g network
--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Frank Gruendel | 1 Sep 02:05 2005
Picon

OT - Off topic - Free Opera registration code

Hi folks,

since I am a happy Opera user, I would like to share my joy
with you. As of today I no longer have to use the demo version
(with ads), but can use the full version. Opera celebrate their 10th
birthday and are giving away registration codes.
In case you don't know, Opera is a web browser that is available
for many platforms. Just go to www.opera.com and click on the
green thingie at the top.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Mr. David M. Ensteness | 1 Sep 02:15 2005
Picon

Re: OT - Off topic - Free Opera registration code

Frank,

I just shot over to Opera but I see no such green thingie.

Any ideas?

David
--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Michael Detlefsen | 1 Sep 02:49 2005
Picon

Re: OT - Off topic - Free Opera registration code

It was for August 30th only, to celebrate their 10th  
anniversary...... deal's gone now.

Mike

On Aug 31, 2005, at 7:15 PM, Mr. David M. Ensteness wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I just shot over to Opera but I see no such green thingie.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> David
> -- 
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all  
> inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/ 
> wikiwikinewt/
>
>

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Michael Stuparyk | 1 Sep 03:20 2005
Picon

Re: Help with Newton and Ethernet/WiFi cards


Okay, I got the DE-650 Dlink card, but when I put it in the Newton,  
the Newt says it doesn't recognize the card. I know the card should  
work. What should I do to get this card working?

Mike

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Michael Stuparyk | 1 Sep 03:40 2005
Picon

Re: Help with Newton and Ethernet/WiFi cards

I see it in the Internet Setup section, and on this web site: http:// 
www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/instructions.shtml. Yes, it is a 10/100  
ethernet card. The Newton says "There is a problem with this card.  
(Newton cannot recognize this type of card)".

Michael Stuparyk

On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:35 PM, andrewfox <at> mac.com wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> The DE-650 is an ethernet card yes?
>
> You said in an earlier email that it appeared in a list of  
> supported cards when you went to do what?
>
> I still think that there are no card specific drivers for the  
> Newton for that card.
>
> Don't be put off. I'm still willing to help you get this up and  
> running:)
>
> regards
> Andrew
>
> On 1/09/2005, at 1:20 PM, Michael Stuparyk wrote:
>
>
>>
>> Okay, I got the DE-650 Dlink card, but when I put it in the  
(Continue reading)

hemantkamat | 1 Sep 05:25 2005
Picon

Re: New Apple user need suggestions!

Here's a site with some great OSX ebooks to get you started off:

http://www.krf.bsu.by/EBooks/z_all.htm

 - Hemant

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Ted Ramsden | 1 Sep 06:01 2005
Picon

Help with a little program !

I used to have a little piece of software on my 2100 that would allow me to
enter Different Values or Letters for the common alphabet,  resulting in
unique cryptograms. Example : A=O, B=F, etc.....
Does anyone know where there might be something like this still around for
the newton,  or has someone seen something like this for OS X ?
Thanks

Ted

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Andrew Beals | 1 Sep 07:11 2005

Re: Help with a little program !


On 2005-a=C5=ADg-31, at 21:01, Ted Ramsden wrote:

> I used to have a little piece of software on my 2100 that would =20
> allow me to
> enter Different Values or Letters for the common alphabet,  =20
> resulting in
> unique cryptograms. Example : A=3DO, B=3DF, etc.....
> Does anyone know where there might be something like this still =20
> around for
> the newton,  or has someone seen something like this for OS X ?

For OS X, it's called tr.  Make a file, call it foo.

     tr ab of < foo

See what you get.

--

Paranoids are people, too;  they have their own problems.  It's easy =20
to criticize, but if everybody hated you, you'd be paranoid, too.

--

-- 
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Ted Ramsden | 1 Sep 07:22 2005
Picon

Re: Help with a little program !

Sorry for my ignorance !  Make a file in what ?  Then enter the text where ?

Thanks

Ted

OS is really new to me !

On 8/31/05 10:11 PM, "Andrew Beals" <bandy <at> beals.org> wrote:

> 
> On 2005-a=C5=ADg-31, at 21:01, Ted Ramsden wrote:
> 
>> I used to have a little piece of software on my 2100 that would =20
>> allow me to
>> enter Different Values or Letters for the common alphabet,  =20
>> resulting in
>> unique cryptograms. Example : A=3DO, B=3DF, etc.....
>> Does anyone know where there might be something like this still =20
>> around for
>> the newton,  or has someone seen something like this for OS X ?
> 
> For OS X, it's called tr.  Make a file, call it foo.
> 
>      tr ab of < foo
> 
> See what you get.
> 
> --
> 
(Continue reading)


Gmane