Clamd: WARNING: lstat() failed on
<stephen.bone <at> tanint.com>
2014-11-24 11:21:32 GMT
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I'm experiencing...
I have been running Qmail, qpsmtpd, Qmail-Scanner, Spam Assassin, and
Clamd on three mx's for some years. Until recently I've been compiling
my own ClamAV, and all has been well. However in order to try to simplify
the process I've recently switched a test mx to using prebuilt rpms, and
here I've been having an issue with clamd reporting WARNING: lstat()
failed on ..., when scanning the contents of a directory.
I have tried to break the problem down. So now I can re-create the same
error by using clamdscan / clamd to scan the contents of a test directory.
I've tried running clamd as qscand (qmail-scanner user), clamav (clamav
default), and root (only for testing). It would appear that clamd scans a
file in the root of the file system fine, however as soon as I point
clamdscan to a/any directory I get 'lstat failed'.
Thinking it's a permissions issue, I've tested changing the owner of the
directory to qscand, clamav, and root, to match the owner of the clamd
process, as specified in clamd.conf. I've also set permissions on the
test directory to 755, however I'm still getting the same error.
I've spent some hours trying to diagnose the problem myself, since I get
that your time is as valuable to you, and mine is to me! But I'm at the
point now where I guess I'm looking for a sanity check here...
I'm running CentOS 6.6, I've tried using ClamAV-0.98.4 from the epel repo.
This morning I've tried 0.98.5 from the epel-testing repo. I have
experience the same issue with both.