Some EFW Network issues
2009-05-01 00:42:18 GMT
Being new to the EFW experience I’ve come across a couple of things I need some clarity on, they are as follow:
1. Installation of onboard NIC: I’ve installed EFW2.2 RC3 on a machine with a MSI motherboard with the Intel G31 chipset and a RealTek 8169 onboard NIC. Initially the system worked but after a couple of restarts it lost connection to the br0 / eth0 connection and on running the ethtool I found that the mode for this NIC was fiber and not mii and all efforts in trying to reconfigure this using the ethtool –t failed and it keeps the mode on fiber. I have reconfigured the NIC configuration so that my 2nd NIC, a RTL8139, would be used as the Internal (Green) NIC via the command line but the GUI still picked it up as the RED NIC, is there a way to force the RTL8169 to use mode mii or are there issues with this NIC / Motherboard that has not been listed as a bug?
2. Routing configured via the GUI does not work and is not displayed in the kernel routing: I configured 4 static routes via the GUI but these routes does not work and is not displayed when route –n is executed
3. Will EFW2.2 RC3 Work on a Dell PE 850? I have a production machine running Shorewall which I want to replace with EFW, which we will obviously test first before taking it live but the testing will be done on a normal machine until I’m satisfied then it’ll be loaded on the current Firewall but to make sure that that I don’t waste your time later on with silly questions I’d rather make sure that EFW is compatible with the PE 850, has anyone done this?
4. On the above, is there a possibility that I can transfer the FW rules from one server to another without having to reconfigure the entire system? I’ve tried this but if you do a full backup of Settings, Database Dumps, Logs etc it restores the NIC information as well which causes some problems, especially trying to reconfigure the NICs on another system.
5. Where will I find installation files for EFW? Say I want to use the server for other functions as well i.e. a Zabbix server, will I be able to compile application on EFW? Where will I find libraries like the c++ compiler etc?
Any help will be appreciated.
Janco van der Merwe
Dunns Stores (Pty) Ltd
Switch Board: 011 541 3000
Direct: 011 541 3073
Cell: 083 291 8536
Please see the Dunns Stores (Pty) Ltd. Email disclaimer here: http://www.dunns.co.za/disclaimer.txt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Register Now & Save for Velocity, the Web Performance & Operations Conference from O'Reilly Media. Velocity features a full day of expert-led, hands-on workshops and two days of sessions from industry leaders in dedicated Performance & Operations tracks. Use code vel09scf and Save an extra 15% before 5/3. http://p.sf.net/sfu/velocityconf
_______________________________________________ Efw-user mailing list Efw-user@... https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/efw-user