Tim Newsham | 9 Mar 21:42 2004
Picon

win32 builds?


Has anyone built gtkextra2 on windows?  I know there is an old build
of gtkextra for win32, but I couldn't find any prebuilt gtkextra2
packages.  I'm having a terrible time getting this to build in mingwin
and was wondering if anyone has any pointers.  If someone knows of
a binary package, that would be even better.

Right now I'm building out of cvs.  I did the autogen.sh on linux
machine and transferred the resulting directory down to my win
box.  I have mingwin and cygwin, with a bunch of mingwin stuff,
and gtk stuff in my path and cygwin in the path last, just to
catch a few missing utilities.  After adjusting the pkgconfig
paths, patching the pkgconfig files to specify the proper prefixes
I was able to configure the thing and get a makefile.  I had to
manually change a few things (like removing -fnative-struct and
setting -mms-bitfields).  For doing the make, I'm using cygwin's make
utility with:

    make CC=/c/mingw/bin/gcc

this mostly works (after fixing a typo psfont_refcont -> psfont_refcount).
However, I'm still having issues.  The latest one is when linking

   libtool: link: `/lib//libintl.la' is not a valid libtool archive

for some reason the libintl.la that came with mingwin isnt liked by
the libtool util thats used during building.

Anyway, if anyone has done this before and has more information,
please let me know what the magic recipe is.
(Continue reading)

Bernhard.Rumpler | 10 Mar 10:04 2004
Picon

Re: win32 builds?

scigraphica-gtkextra-admin <at> lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 09.03.2004 
21:42:10:
> Has anyone built gtkextra2 on windows?  I know there is an old build
> of gtkextra for win32, but I couldn't find any prebuilt gtkextra2
> packages.  I'm having a terrible time getting this to build in mingwin
> and was wondering if anyone has any pointers.  If someone knows of
> a binary package, that would be even better.

yes, I have built gtkextra2 from CVS some weeks ago, but only as a static
library, as I am using gtkextra2 only via a pygtk wrapper from python and
do not need a dll. I have used a setup similar to that described at

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9725344/gtk/Building_HowTo.html

For me it has always caused troubles when mixing up cygwin and mingw
tools, esp. everything related to libtool! As far as I remember I used
the newest autotools from mingw to create the makefiles, and avoided
everything that had something to do with cygwin.

hth,
Bernhard

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials
Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of
GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system
administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click
Tim Newsham | 25 Mar 03:05 2004
Picon

win32 build


Ok.. after much tinkering and a few headaches, I have gtkextra2
and python-gtkextra2 building on win32.  Many thanks to those
who answered my questions.

The steps I used are more or less as follows.  I'm sure I missed
a few hacks here and there that I might have thrown in:

  - install msys and mingw from www.mingw.org
  - install python23
  - install gtk+ and c++-devel packages.  Add the c++-devel stuff to path:
    export PATH="$PATH:$PF/Python23"
    export PATH="$PATH:$PF/Common Files/GTK/2.0/bin:$PF/Common Files/GTK/2.0/lib"
    export PATH="$PATH:$PF/Dev-C++/bin:$PF/Dev-C++/lib"
    export  PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PF/Python23/Lib/pkgconfig:$PF/Dev-C++/lib/pkgconfig:$PF/GtkGLExt/1.0/lib/pkgconfig"

  - get pexports from http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html
    run:
     $ cd c:/program\ files/python23/libs
     $ pexports c:/windows/system32/python23.dll > python23.def
     $ dlltool --dllname python23.dll --def python23.def
               --output-lib libpython23.a

  - build and install pygtk-2.0.0

  - build gtkextra-2 from cvs:
   - on a linux box check out cvs sources, run autogen.sh and configure
     and then make dist.
   - extract the dist in windows and build with msys
     ./configure --disable-gtktest --disable-glibtest --disable-shared \
(Continue reading)

Tim Newsham | 25 Mar 18:46 2004
Picon

Re: win32 build

>   - get python-gtkextra2 from cvs and build
>     - I made a setup.py that I use.  Its attached below.  It requires
>       that you manually set the path to your python dist (I'm no
>       distutils wiz).
>
>       python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
>       python setup.py install

I forgot to mention, I copied the .py files (ie dsextra.py and
friends) from pygtk-2.0.0 before running setup.py

Tim N.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials
Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of
GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system
administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click
Fabio C.S. da Silva | 25 Mar 18:40 2004

List of files matching a filter expression.

Hello!

I am trying to make a small program that reads files with a certain extension 
and does some data extraction using GTK Extra. I noticed that there is a very 
powerful widget, "gtkfilelist",  that adds a lot of functionality to the 
"file selection dialog" widget of GTK. Normally, I can extract the path and 
the file name selected by the user, but I didn't see in the wdiget's 
definition on gtkfilelist.h, a field in the structure GtkFileList where I 
could acess all the files matching a certain filter expression. Is there a 
simple way to do that?

	Thanks,

		Fabio.

--

-- 
Fabio da Silva
National Institute of Standards and Technology
325 Broadway, Mail Stop: 816.01
Boulder, CO - 80305
USA
phone: 303 497 3873
fax: 303 497 5316

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials
Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of
GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system
administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click
(Continue reading)

Adrian E. Feiguin | 26 Mar 23:50 2004
Picon

Re: List of files matching a filter expression.

Hi Fabio, there are two functions that you can use:

path = gtk_file_list_get_path(GTK_FILE_LIST(filesel->file_list));
file = gtk_file_list_get_filename(GTK_FILE_LIST(filesel->file_list));

As an example, take a look a testgtkfilesel.c in the distro. If you run 
the program, select a file, click "OK" and see the results.
Enjoy! saludos,
<ADRIAN>

Fabio C.S. da Silva wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I am trying to make a small program that reads files with a certain extension 
>and does some data extraction using GTK Extra. I noticed that there is a very 
>powerful widget, "gtkfilelist",  that adds a lot of functionality to the 
>"file selection dialog" widget of GTK. Normally, I can extract the path and 
>the file name selected by the user, but I didn't see in the wdiget's 
>definition on gtkfilelist.h, a field in the structure GtkFileList where I 
>could acess all the files matching a certain filter expression. Is there a 
>simple way to do that?
>
>	Thanks,
>
>		Fabio.
>
>  
>

(Continue reading)

Fabio C.S. da Silva | 27 Mar 00:44 2004

Re: List of files matching a filter expression.

Adrian,

thank you for the prompt answer. I used the functions you mentioned in the 
example. In fact I could only build my example because of that. But I can 
only access one file of a certain selection at a time. Is there a pointer to 
the whole list of files? Say I want to get a pointer to all the files that 
match the pattern *.dat and do the analysis on each one separately. Can I 
have access to that data or should I do it one by one?

Thank you again and sorry for the naive questions.

	Un abrazo,

		Fabio.

On Friday 26 March 2004 15:50, Adrian E. Feiguin wrote:
> Hi Fabio, there are two functions that you can use:
>
> path = gtk_file_list_get_path(GTK_FILE_LIST(filesel->file_list));
> file = gtk_file_list_get_filename(GTK_FILE_LIST(filesel->file_list));
>
> As an example, take a look a testgtkfilesel.c in the distro. If you run
> the program, select a file, click "OK" and see the results.
> Enjoy! saludos,
> <ADRIAN>
>
> Fabio C.S. da Silva wrote:
> >Hello!
> >
> >I am trying to make a small program that reads files with a certain
(Continue reading)

Adrian E. Feiguin | 27 Mar 00:50 2004
Picon

Re: List of files matching a filter expression.

Oi Fabio, take a look at gtk_file_list_open_dir, you'll find a piece of 
code that looks like this:

list = icon_list->icons;
while(list){
    item = (GtkIconListItem *)list->data;
    file_item = (GtkFileListItem *)item->link;
    .... (do something);
    list = list->next;
}

GtkFileListItem is defined in gtkfilelist.h and has all the info you need.
I hope this helps.
Saludos,
<ADRIAN>

Fabio C.S. da Silva wrote: 

>Adrian,
>
>thank you for the prompt answer. I used the functions you mentioned in the 
>example. In fact I could only build my example because of that. But I can 
>only access one file of a certain selection at a time. Is there a pointer to 
>the whole list of files? Say I want to get a pointer to all the files that 
>match the pattern *.dat and do the analysis on each one separately. Can I 
>have access to that data or should I do it one by one?
>
>Thank you again and sorry for the naive questions.
>
>	Un abrazo,
(Continue reading)


Gmane