David E DeMarle | 1 May 01:05 2012

Re: newbie question -- cannot run simple example

> Oh, so "I suggest you compile VTK from source, with python wrapping enabled
> and use that directly" wasn't any criticism of ubuntu's package system?

No it wasn't. It was just a suggestion for how to obtain the vtkpython
executable. I didn't even realize you were running linux when I wrote
it, actually.

"apt-get python-vtk"

Should also work to get a python interface to VTK.
Tomohisa Simoyama | 1 May 09:34 2012
Picon

How to exchange *vtk file to *grd or *xyz file

Dear All,


This is Shimoyama Tomohisa from Japan.

Thank everyone for quickly reply,
I completed to clearly express 3-D picture.

I have one question.
I am used to do GMT, so I would like to exchange  *vtk file to *grd or *xyz file.

Can I do this? I do not know how to exchange.

If someone knows how to do, please let me teach.

Cheers.

Shimoyama Tomohisa

<div>
<p>Dear All,</p>
<div><br></div>
<div>This is Shimoyama Tomohisa from Japan.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Thank everyone for quickly reply,</div>
<div>I completed to clearly express 3-D picture.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>I have one question.</div>
<div>I am used to do GMT, so I would like to exchange&nbsp;&nbsp;*vtk file to *grd or *xyz file.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Can I do this? I do not know how to exchange.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>If someone knows how to do, please let me teach.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Cheers.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Shimoyama Tomohisa</div>
<div><br></div>
</div>
Magician | 1 May 11:11 2012
Picon

Re: How to exchange *vtk file to *grd or *xyz file

Hi,
I'm from Japan too. :)

Almost all users may be trying to do postprocessing
all data on ParaView.
So I think it's pretty difficult to get informations
about converters from VTK.

If you want to convert VTK to other format,
this document might help you.
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/Data_formats

VTK format is open and easy to read.
How to try to convert yourself?

Magician

On 2012/05/01, at 16:34, paraview-request <at> paraview.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 16:34:41 +0900
> From: Tomohisa Simoyama <shimoyamatomohisa <at> gmail.com>
> Subject: [Paraview]  How to exchange *vtk file to *grd or *xyz file
> To: paraview <at> paraview.org
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAGJiehiOokRSZng7vwpGdRRvfT9n-sFii9b9whrJ4rvHRzkz7A <at> mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> Dear All,
> 
> This is Shimoyama Tomohisa from Japan.
> 
> Thank everyone for quickly reply,
> I completed to clearly express 3-D picture.
> 
> I have one question.
> I am used to do GMT, so I would like to exchange  *vtk file to *grd or *xyz
> file.
> 
> Can I do this? I do not know how to exchange.
> 
> If someone knows how to do, please let me teach.
> 
> Cheers.
> 
> Shimoyama Tomohisa

newsboost | 1 May 13:49 2012
Picon

Re: newbie question -- cannot run simple example

I already have python-vtk installed and have had it installed the whole 
time together with paraview-python - still I got the problem I mentioned 
in the initial post...

I feel more safe in terms of conflicting behaviour when I use ubuntu 
package manager for as many things as possible. If everything else 
fails, however, I'll try to follow your suggestion and compile from source..

On 05/01/2012 01:05 AM, David E DeMarle wrote:
>> Oh, so "I suggest you compile VTK from source, with python wrapping enabled
>> and use that directly" wasn't any criticism of ubuntu's package system?
> No it wasn't. It was just a suggestion for how to obtain the vtkpython
> executable. I didn't even realize you were running linux when I wrote
> it, actually.
>
> "apt-get python-vtk"
>
> Should also work to get a python interface to VTK.
Sebastien Jourdain | 1 May 15:36 2012

Re: High-order visualization

Hi Sebastien,

I did wrote a plugin that was exactly doing what you want but it was
relying on the Generic framework of VTK:
http://vtk.org/VTK/img/AdaptorFramework.pdf

It was using a third party library for the field interpolation
computation. Unfortunately I don't know if that code can be released.
On the other hand, I'm not sure that would be easy to understand as it
also has some optimization that was specific to the file format used.

But I can certainly try to help and guide you using the mailing list,

Seb

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Sébastien Blaise
<sebastien.blaise <at> uclouvain.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a big fan of Paraview, but I am lacking the feature to visualize
> arbitrary order elements (more than 2). After some searches, I did not find
> any suitable solution (I currently split the elements into my code). Is
> anyone aware on a plugin doing that, or should I start writing one?
>
> Thanks,
> Sébastien
>
> _______________________________________________
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview
Michael Jackson | 1 May 19:54 2012
Picon

SuperBuild and Install or Packaging

Once I have finally been able to get coerce ParaView/Superbuild to actually compile all the way through,
just how do I create a "Distribution" or install it somewhere of my choosing? I tried running ccmake and
setting the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX but that didn't not effect any of the projects.
   All I am really after (ON OS X) is the fixup-bundle so my plugin can get it's internal library paths adjusted
to match what the Kitware distribution is. I have a plugin that I want to post to my website that works with
the downloadable version of ParaView is my end goal.

Thanks
___________________________________________________________
Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
mike.jackson <at> bluequartz.net              www.bluequartz.net

Michael Jackson | 1 May 20:01 2012
Picon

SuperBuild errors with VS2008 win32 (On Win7 Ult x64)

I am attempting to run the SuperBuild for ParaView Version 3.14.1
(Source downloaded from link on downloads page). At least when
building a 32 bit windows executable using VS 2008 SP1 the png gives a
few installation errors. It can not find and therefor install the
following files:

libpng-config
libpng15-config
libpng.pc
libpng15.pc

Not sure if this is causing my other build issues later on but just
wanted to mention this.

I somehow got SuperBuild to compile in win64 mode to get 64 bit
binaries. Not sure where the failure between the 2 lies.

Thanks for any help or clarifications.
_________________________________________________________
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson <at> bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio
Cagatay Bilgin | 1 May 20:55 2012
Picon

headless paraview installation

We are interested in using paraviewweb in 

our lab and integrate it with the segmentation
tools we are developing. 

We were able to install and use paraviewweb on my 
local machine. All the examples, shuttle, service etc 
worked as expected. 

Our second installation was on a server without X. 
The installation went fine but webgl does not 
seem to work for this installation however JS, Java, Flex are 
all working. Could this be related to the graphics card of 
the machine ? I am not a paraview or GL expert but if 
paraview is doing server side rendering and the graphics 
card is not compatible for webgl, then this would be a 
problem I guess ? 

Any clues are greatly appreciated. 

Cagatay 
<div>
<p>We are interested in using paraviewweb in&nbsp;</p>
<div>our lab and integrate it with the segmentation</div>
<div>tools we are developing.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>We were able to install and&nbsp;use&nbsp;paraviewweb on my&nbsp;</div>
<div>local machine. All the examples, shuttle, service etc&nbsp;</div>
<div>worked as&nbsp;expected.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Our second installation was on a server without&nbsp;X.&nbsp;</div>
<div>The installation went fine but webgl does not&nbsp;</div>
<div>seem to work for this installation however JS, Java, Flex are&nbsp;</div>
<div>all working. Could this be related&nbsp;to the graphics card of&nbsp;</div>
<div>the machine ? I am not a&nbsp;paraview&nbsp;or GL expert but if&nbsp;</div>
<div>paraview is doing&nbsp;server side rendering&nbsp;and the graphics&nbsp;</div>
<div>card is not compatible for webgl, then this would be a&nbsp;</div>
<div>problem I guess ?&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Any clues are greatly&nbsp;appreciated.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Cagatay&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Goodwin Lawlor | 1 May 22:52 2012
Picon

headless paraview installation

Hi Cagatay,

What version of PVW are you using?

I installed PVW on a headless AWS server last Aug and WebGL rendering wouldn't work because of a bug in  vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows::GetIsInCave()

To fix the bug, just replace the method body with "return false;"

I would think that the bug has been fixed in a release version since then though.

Goodwin

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Cagatay Bilgin <bilgincc <at> gmail.com> wrote:
We are interested in using paraviewweb in 
our lab and integrate it with the segmentation
tools we are developing. 

We were able to install and use paraviewweb on my 
local machine. All the examples, shuttle, service etc 
worked as expected. 

Our second installation was on a server without X. 
The installation went fine but webgl does not 
seem to work for this installation however JS, Java, Flex are 
all working. Could this be related to the graphics card of 
the machine ? I am not a paraview or GL expert but if 
paraview is doing server side rendering and the graphics 
card is not compatible for webgl, then this would be a 
problem I guess ? 

Any clues are greatly appreciated. 

Cagatay 

_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at: http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview



<div>
<div class="gmail_quote">Hi Cagatay,<div><br></div>
<div>What version of PVW are you using?</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>I installed PVW on a headless AWS server last Aug and WebGL rendering wouldn't work because of a bug in&nbsp;&nbsp;vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows::GetIsInCave()</div>

<div><br></div>
<div>To fix the bug, just replace the method body with "return false;"</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>I would think that the bug has been fixed in a release version since then though.</div>
<div><br></div>

<div>Goodwin</div>
<div>
<br><div class="gmail_quote">
<div><div class="h5">On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Cagatay Bilgin <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:bilgincc <at> gmail.com" target="_blank">bilgincc <at> gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
</div></div>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote">
<div><div class="h5">
We are interested in using paraviewweb in&nbsp;<div>our lab and integrate it with the segmentation</div>
<div>tools we are developing.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>We were able to install and&nbsp;use&nbsp;paraviewweb on my&nbsp;</div>
<div>local machine. All the examples, shuttle, service etc&nbsp;</div>

<div>worked as&nbsp;expected.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Our second installation was on a server without&nbsp;X.&nbsp;</div>
<div>The installation went fine but webgl does not&nbsp;</div>
<div>seem to work for this installation however JS, Java, Flex are&nbsp;</div>

<div>all working. Could this be related&nbsp;to the graphics card of&nbsp;</div>
<div>the machine ? I am not a&nbsp;paraview&nbsp;or GL expert but if&nbsp;</div>
<div>paraview is doing&nbsp;server side rendering&nbsp;and the graphics&nbsp;</div>
<div>card is not compatible for webgl, then this would be a&nbsp;</div>

<div>problem I guess ?&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Any clues are greatly&nbsp;appreciated.&nbsp;</div>
<span><div><br></div>
<div>Cagatay&nbsp;</div>
</span><br>
</div></div>_______________________________________________<br>
Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br><br>
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br><br>
Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at: <a href="http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView" target="_blank">http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView</a><br><br>
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br><a href="http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview" target="_blank">http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview</a><br><br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
<br>
</div>
Sebastien Jourdain | 2 May 00:37 2012

Re: headless paraview installation

Hi guys,

the WebGL export need to be requested by the client. Is the issue
happening with the sample applications or with a custom one ?
Do you know if switching back to another render just work or as
Goodwin suggested a segfault occurred ?
You can look at the log files in the working.dir/logs/pw-xxxx.log

Moreover, which version of ParaView are you using ? 3.14.1 ?

Seb

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Goodwin Lawlor
<goodwin.lawlor.lists <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Cagatay,
>
> What version of PVW are you using?
>
> I installed PVW on a headless AWS server last Aug and WebGL rendering
> wouldn't work because of a bug
> in  vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows::GetIsInCave()
>
> To fix the bug, just replace the method body with "return false;"
>
> I would think that the bug has been fixed in a release version since then
> though.
>
> Goodwin
>
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Cagatay Bilgin <bilgincc <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We are interested in using paraviewweb in
>> our lab and integrate it with the segmentation
>> tools we are developing.
>>
>> We were able to install and use paraviewweb on my
>> local machine. All the examples, shuttle, service etc
>> worked as expected.
>>
>> Our second installation was on a server without X.
>> The installation went fine but webgl does not
>> seem to work for this installation however JS, Java, Flex are
>> all working. Could this be related to the graphics card of
>> the machine ? I am not a paraview or GL expert but if
>> paraview is doing server side rendering and the graphics
>> card is not compatible for webgl, then this would be a
>> problem I guess ?
>>
>> Any clues are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Cagatay
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Powered by www.kitware.com
>>
>> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
>> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>>
>> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView
>>
>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
>> http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview
>

Gmane