Goyo | 1 Oct 11:08 2009
Picon

[python(x,y)] Re: PROJ.4 missing in version 2.6beta6


> I think this worked well in python 2.5 versions.

Sorry, I tested it and and that's not true.

Anyway I think a pythonxy PROJ.4 installer would be very useful.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Tim Michelsen | 1 Oct 22:34 2009
Picon

[python(x,y)] Re: Python(x,y) 2.6.0 beta6 is available -- The last beta release


> So, as for any Python(x,y) installation, I still recommend to
> uninstall any previously installed Python distribution.
I'd like to support with testing.

But would you mind showing a way to retrain the settings (Pydev) from 
one install to the other?

Also, I think it would be good to have the easy_install issue solved:
Enhancement: add option to installer to fetch additional packages from 
PyPI - http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=23

I still have some packages that I fetch on top of PythonXY. It always 
takes time to get all these again.
Unfortunately, some packages cannot be automatically installed through 
easy_install in windows. E.g. bzr or alike.

Best regards,
Timmie

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Pierre Raybaut | 2 Oct 08:57 2009

[python(x,y)] Re: where are the Pydev Settings stored?


Hi Timmie,

Pydev settings are stored in:
%WORKSPACE%\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings
\org.python.pydev.prefs
(where WORKSPACE is your Eclipse workspace directory)

There are many other Eclipse settings in the same directory, so for
more details, take a look at the following file in your %PYTHON%
\Scripts directory:
Pydev_win_post_install.py

Cheers,
Pierre

On 30 sep, 11:38, Timmie <timmichel...@...> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to include Pydev settings (templates, interpreter
> settings and other stuff) into my regular backup.
>
> Where are these stored?
>
> Thanks,
> Timmie
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
(Continue reading)

Pierre Raybaut | 2 Oct 09:06 2009

[python(x,y)] Re: Python(x,y) 2.6.0 beta6 is available -- The last beta release


On 1 oct, 22:34, Tim Michelsen <timmichel...@...> wrote:
> > So, as for any Python(x,y) installation, I still recommend to
> > uninstall any previously installed Python distribution.
>
> I'd like to support with testing.
>
> But would you mind showing a way to retrain the settings (Pydev) from
> one install to the other?

See:
http://groups.google.fr/group/pythonxy/t/33c423639ab4bbf4?hl=fr

Note that from one Python(x,y) install to another, Eclipse settings
should not be lost: all these settings are stored in %WORKSPACE%
\.metadata directory and during the installation process, this
directory is not removed/replaced if it already exists.
So the only thing to do when uninstalling/reinstalling completely
Python(x,y) is to re-import your existing Eclipse projects in your
workspace (right-click in the Pydev project manager > Import... >
General > Existing projects)... that's all! I'm doing it all the time
at work and it's very reliable.

> Also, I think it would be good to have the easy_install issue solved:
> Enhancement: add option to installer to fetch additional packages from
> PyPI -http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=23
>
> I still have some packages that I fetch on top of PythonXY. It always
> takes time to get all these again.
> Unfortunately, some packages cannot be automatically installed through
(Continue reading)

Timmie | 5 Oct 15:21 2009
Picon

[python(x,y)] Re: Python(x,y) 2.6.0 beta6 is available -- The last beta release


> Note that from one Python(x,y) install to another, Eclipse settings
> should not be lost: all these settings are stored in %WORKSPACE%
> \.metadata directory and during the installation process, this
> directory is not removed/replaced if it already exists.
> So the only thing to do when uninstalling/reinstalling completely
> Python(x,y) is to re-import your existing Eclipse projects in your
> workspace (right-click in the Pydev project manager > Import... >
> General > Existing projects)... that's all! I'm doing it all the time
> at work and it's very reliable.
>
> > Also, I think it would be good to have the easy_install issue solved:
> > Enhancement: add option to installer to fetch additional packages from
> > PyPI -http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=23
>
> > I still have some packages that I fetch on top of PythonXY. It always
> > takes time to get all these again.
> > Unfortunately, some packages cannot be automatically installed through
> > easy_install in windows. E.g. bzr or alike.
>
> Actually I think that's not necessary because the main installer has
> already a mecanism to install additionnal packages.
> It's very simple: create a 'plugin' directory in the same folder as
> the Python(x,y) installer, copy every single package you would like to
> install in it, and run the installer normally.

On http://pythonxy.com/standard.php it says:
>download the missing packages on this page (Python(x,y) plugins) or download any other Python modules:
distutils (.exe) files and setuptools Python eggs (.egg) files are supported ;
So it would only support *.exe and *.egg files?
(Continue reading)

Walter Verdonck | 5 Oct 11:22 2009
Picon

[python(x,y)] Pythonxy 2.6 - Eclipse 3.4


Hi,

Is there any reason why you stick to Eclipse 3.4 instead of 3.5 for
the 2.6 release? All plugins you need do exist for eclipse 3.5.

Regards,
Walter

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Pierre Raybaut | 6 Oct 14:04 2009

[python(x,y)] Re: Pythonxy 2.6 - Eclipse 3.4


Hi,

Yes there is: the Fortran plugin (Photran) does not support Eclipse
v3.5 (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/photran/4.0).

Cheers,
Pierre

On Oct 5, 11:22 am, Walter Verdonck <walter.verdo...@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason why you stick to Eclipse 3.4 instead of 3.5 for
> the 2.6 release? All plugins you need do exist for eclipse 3.5.
>
> Regards,
> Walter
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Pierre Raybaut | 8 Oct 21:45 2009

[python(x,y)] Re: Pythonxy 2.6 - Eclipse 3.4


Hi Walter,

Good news: after some testing it appears that Photran 5.0.0
(compatible with Eclipse 3.5) is pretty stable.
So Python(x,y) v2.6.3.0 RC2 already includes Eclipse v3.5.1 and CDT
v6.0.1.

You're welcome to download and test this release to confirm my test
results.
(the installer will be available in approx. 2 or 3 hours)

Cheers,
Pierre

On 5 oct, 11:22, Walter Verdonck <walter.verdo...@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason why you stick to Eclipse 3.4 instead of 3.5 for
> the 2.6 release? All plugins you need do exist for eclipse 3.5.
>
> Regards,
> Walter
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "python(x,y)" group.
To post to this group, send email to pythonxy@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pythonxy+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

(Continue reading)

Pierre Raybaut | 8 Oct 21:51 2009

[python(x,y)] Re: Python(x,y) 2.6.0 beta6 is available -- The last beta release


I'm not sure I'm answering your question but the installer is capable
of installing as many packages as you want, as long as they are put in
a subfolder named 'plugins' and it's basically the same mecanism used
in the ETS plugin to install the whole suite (dozen of eggs...).

Pierre

On 5 oct, 15:21, Timmie <timmichel...@...> wrote:
> > Note that from one Python(x,y) install to another, Eclipse settings
> > should not be lost: all these settings are stored in %WORKSPACE%
> > \.metadata directory and during the installation process, this
> > directory is not removed/replaced if it already exists.
> > So the only thing to do when uninstalling/reinstalling completely
> > Python(x,y) is to re-import your existing Eclipse projects in your
> > workspace (right-click in the Pydev project manager > Import... >
> > General > Existing projects)... that's all! I'm doing it all the time
> > at work and it's very reliable.
>
> > > Also, I think it would be good to have the easy_install issue solved:
> > > Enhancement: add option to installer to fetch additional packages from
> > > PyPI -http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=23
>
> > > I still have some packages that I fetch on top of PythonXY. It always
> > > takes time to get all these again.
> > > Unfortunately, some packages cannot be automatically installed through
> > > easy_install in windows. E.g. bzr or alike.
>
> > Actually I think that's not necessary because the main installer has
> > already a mecanism to install additionnal packages.
(Continue reading)

Juan Morales | 13 Oct 13:30 2009
Picon

Re: Python(x,y) 2.6.0 beta6 is available -- The last beta release


Hi Pierre,

First of all, thanks for your work in Python(x,y). Is very useful for
linux developers that want to distribute our software to windows
machines in a easy way.

In my experience, the python(x,y) would be perfect if ITK compilation
suports Unsigned Char data types. I know that this option is not
standard but it is really necessary when working with large volumes of
images (as the MRI images) and I think this is a common field for ITK
users.

Would be possible to include this feature in the final release?

Thanks.

Juan Morales.


Gmane