Evgeny | 1 Jun 01:22 2009
Picon

[web2py:22983] Re: chain of calls in server/web2py system


so  web2py HAS to work through web2py.py daemon? even if it's with
WSGI?

I've tried that, now I have issue that WSGI system does not attach
web2py.py
as interpreter - it attaches '' instead which is httpd by default.

looks like wsgi/apache problem. I have centos/apache2

My directives in the virtual host part of httpd.conf are:

DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py
WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py/
WSGIDaemonProcess web2py.py

Thank you!

Evgeny.

On May 31, 12:13 pm, Evgeny <evgeny.fad...@...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone be kind to write out the chain of events that must
> happen
> from apache (or an analog _production_ server) receiving web request
> to
> web2py app sending the response?
>
> Or point me to a right document. If one doesn't exist, I'll be happy
(Continue reading)

Evgeny | 1 Jun 01:46 2009
Picon

[web2py:22984] Re: mediawiki markup in web2py wiki?


Hi All,

I volunteered to be a maintainer of the wiki app, Massimo seems to
have approved this.

So I've created a repository at http://code.google.com/p/web2py-wiki/
with the latest snapshot from the launchpad.
(i've been using google code and it seems to be faster and simpler
than launchpad)

Of course I have not contributed anything yet, so my role at the
moment is purely administrative. Hopefully previous contributors to
this project will make use of that repository. (anyone who has
contributed to code and is interested to continue at the new location
- pls let me know and I'll set up the commit access for you)

My background in wikis is MW (have been running a public wiki for a
year and a half), and I want to fully transition to a python-based
wiki.

Any thoughts, concerns - please let me know.

Best regards,
Evgeny.

On May 31, 3:48 pm, Joe  Barnhart <joe.barnh...@...> wrote:
> Yes!  I agree completely.
>
> This has ALWAYS been about creating a platform (wiki) that enabls MORE
(Continue reading)

mdipierro | 1 Jun 01:55 2009
Picon

[web2py:22985] Re: chain of calls in server/web2py system


> So web2py HAS to work through web2py.py daemon?

No, no only if you use Apache + mod_proxy.

> even if it's with WSGI?

No, we run the PyCon registration using mod_wsgi without the built-in
wsgiserver. I do not have the code right now. Perhaps somebody can
provide an example.

> I've tried that, now I have issue that WSGI system does not attach
> web2py.py
> as interpreter - it attaches '' instead which is httpd by default.
>
> looks like wsgi/apache problem. I have centos/apache2
>
> My directives in the virtual host part of httpd.conf are:
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py
> WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py/
> WSGIDaemonProcess web2py.py
>
> Thank you!
>
> Evgeny.
>
> On May 31, 12:13 pm, Evgeny <evgeny.fad...@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
(Continue reading)

mdipierro | 1 Jun 01:59 2009
Picon

[web2py:22986] Re: mediawiki markup in web2py wiki?


Thanks Evgeny for taking care of this. I hope other people with take
other sample apps and will volunteer to become maintainers. Of course
this does not prevents forks or different wiki apps. Different people
have different needs.

massimo

On May 31, 6:46 pm, Evgeny <evgeny.fad...@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I volunteered to be a maintainer of the wiki app, Massimo seems to
> have approved this.
>
> So I've created a repository athttp://code.google.com/p/web2py-wiki/
> with the latest snapshot from the launchpad.
> (i've been using google code and it seems to be faster and simpler
> than launchpad)
>
> Of course I have not contributed anything yet, so my role at the
> moment is purely administrative. Hopefully previous contributors to
> this project will make use of that repository. (anyone who has
> contributed to code and is interested to continue at the new location
> - pls let me know and I'll set up the commit access for you)
>
> My background in wikis is MW (have been running a public wiki for a
> year and a half), and I want to fully transition to a python-based
> wiki.
>
> Any thoughts, concerns - please let me know.
(Continue reading)

Evgeny | 1 Jun 02:22 2009
Picon

[web2py:22987] Re: chain of calls in server/web2py system


i've left a post about this on mod_wsgi list:
http://groups.google.com/group/modwsgi/browse_thread/thread/23d18f82cffd6d6e

On May 31, 4:55 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@...> wrote:
> > So web2py HAS to work through web2py.py daemon?
>
> No, no only if you use Apache + mod_proxy.
>
> > even if it's with WSGI?
>
> No, we run the PyCon registration using mod_wsgi without the built-in
> wsgiserver. I do not have the code right now. Perhaps somebody can
> provide an example.
>
> > I've tried that, now I have issue that WSGI system does not attach
> > web2py.py
> > as interpreter - it attaches '' instead which is httpd by default.
>
> > looks like wsgi/apache problem. I have centos/apache2
>
> > My directives in the virtual host part of httpd.conf are:
>
> > DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py
> > WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/wsgi/web2py/
> > WSGIDaemonProcess web2py.py
>
> > Thank you!
>
> > Evgeny.
(Continue reading)

Richard | 1 Jun 02:25 2009
Picon

[web2py:22988] SQLFORM col3 restrictions?


hello,

I am using the col3 argument to SQLFORM to add some data:
button = INPUT(_type='button', _value='test')
link = A('test', _href=URL(r=request, f='test'))
col3 = dict(name=button, project=link)
form = SQLFORM(db.model, col3=col3)

Strangely this works for links but not inputs. Inputs are not included
in the form - is there a reason for this? I am trying to add a button
to the form.
For now I am using the form[0][0][2].append(...) syntax but would
prefer to use the cleaner col3 argument.

Incidentally, could a HTML helper be added for BUTTON()? The CSS file
I use assumes I am using <button> rather than <input type='button'>.

thanks,
Richard
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "web2py Web Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to web2py@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to web2py+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/web2py?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Joe Barnhart | 1 Jun 02:33 2009
Picon

[web2py:22989] Re: mediawiki markup in web2py wiki?


Am I reading this right?  We now have a repository to contribute to
the web2py wiki code base?

The same phantom developers who are not working on the wiki now are
not going to work on the codebase in the repository.

"Different wiki apps?!?!"  Massimo -- you aren't GETTING IT.  You are
treating this like any other "sample app" and it is NOT.  We are
trying to get some cohesive documentation for our own project.  At
this point I couldn't care less about generating another poorly
documented, half-baked, typically unusable sample app.

What we need is CONTENT.  The people who will contribute CONTENT are
not necessarily the same people who will contribute CODE.  Frankly, if
we had the deep bench of developers needed to sustain all the web2py
projects going on, the documentation would not be as urgent a problem.

I feel like I've pushed about as hard as I can on this topic and I
won't beat the dead horse beyond this.  Remember this moment, tho.  I
am the voice whispering (well, shouting) that you are at a crossroads
and you are choosing the wrong path.  You should be more concerned
with broadening your base and getting more contributors for all
aspects of your project than in adding features or refactoring
classes.

Believe it or not, web2py might actually be failing because of its
state of documentation and the widely held perception that web2py is a
one-man show.  Also notice that every single post that asks a
technical question ultimately needs an answer from you.  That is not a
(Continue reading)

suiato | 1 Jun 03:15 2009
Picon

[web2py:22990] Re: eStore appliance


Thanks, Massimo.

Very encouraging to have a kind response from you.

Looking closely, I noticed I overlooked the error messages "too small
or too large!" under the boxes for Ship Fedex *bc. Initially these
boxes were empty. When I put 0.0 into these boxes at
http://127.0.0.1:8000/eStore/manage/setup, I got a happy flash message
"that was easy! now go vist your store." :-)

I still haven't figured out why the boxes for Ship Fedex *bc were
initially empty while store.py in models specified 0 as default, but
am happy to see that the appliance is working without errors now.

Google checkout is a good choice, but its offer for sellers seems not
to be available in Japan yet. I look forward to using it in Japan
sometime later. Meanwhile, I plan to customize the codes for other
checkout routines. Is there such codes in Python/web2py already
available somewhere, like PayPal's? I will appreciate information or
pointers with regard to codes for checkout.

Cheers,
Teru

On 6月1日, 午前5:51, mdipierro <mdipie...@...> wrote:
> That will prevent users from buying but should not cause the problem
> you mention.
>
> Try replace
(Continue reading)

DenesL | 1 Jun 03:36 2009
Picon

[web2py:22991] Re: IS_MATCH()


Hi Annet,

On May 31, 12:48 am, annet.verm...@... wrote:
> Hi Denes,
>
> I have another validator about which I am not sure ...
>
> db.adres.plaats.requires=[IS_IN_DB(db,db.plaats.plaats,'%(plaats)s')]
> db.adres.plaats.widget=lambda self,value:INPUT
> (_type='text',_id='place',_class='ac_input',_name='plaats',value=str
> (value),requires=self.requires)
>
> The auto-complete doesn't prevent the user from entering a plaats that
> is not in the database, therefore, I added the IS_IN_DB(...) validator
> in a list. However, I am not sure whether this is the right way to
> deal with this issue.

Your code is just fine IMHO.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "web2py Web Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to web2py@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to web2py+unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/web2py?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

suiato | 1 Jun 03:55 2009
Picon

[web2py:22992] Re: web2py2po/po2web2py


Hi, Fran

Thanks for your comment and pointers.

On 5月31日, 午前7:17, Fran <francisb...@...> wrote:
> On May 30, 4:29 am, suiato <Homm...@...> wrote:
>
> > I'm translating an appliance eStore as an example in learning how to
> > localize web2py appliances, and found web2py2po/po2web2py programs
> > useful because I usually work on po format in traslation. Has anyone
> > here worked on these?
>
> I know the guy who wrote these (forhttp://sahanapy.org)

Wow, it covers a broad ranage of disaster management system.
Impressive.

>http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/py2web2po

When I checked out the trunk code of the toolkit, I couldn't find the
code for web2py2po.
I found a post by Dominic at http://www.nabble.com/Web2py-to-PO-td21838559.html,
which had a pointer to the source.

On Ubuntu 9.04, I installed translate-toolkit, python-lxml, and
web2py2po. Both web2py2po and po2web2py worked fine :-) I really
appreciate this utility. I now have finished most of the translation
of eStore, and have ja.py, ja.po and ja.tmx for the appliance.

(Continue reading)


Gmane