Can has pywikipediabot code review? Yes!
Siebrand Mazeland <s.mazeland <at> xs4all.nl>
2010-06-02 07:22:46 GMT
Pywikipediabot now has code review in the same way as MediaWiki. Tim has implemented this a few hours
ago. Thanks Tim!
Below you can find a description of the new functionality. I hope we can discuss whatever you may see
differently or whatever I may have left out.
Please mind the following if you wish to participate in the code review:
* anyone can use the tool in a read-only mode (right: codereview-use)
* registered users can submit comments on revisions (right: codereview-post-comment)
* coders can link committers to mediawiki.org user accounts. All committers should have an account on
mediawiki.org with a confirmed e-mail address and linked their user to their committer identity.
This allows you to get e-mails on your revs and follow-up revs. (right: codereview-link-user, role: coder)
* coders can add and remove tags for revisions in the review module. For MediaWiki this feature isn't used
that much, but it can be used to group revisions (rights: codereview-add-tag, codereview-remove-tag,
* coders can change the status of revisions (right: codereview-set-status, role coder). Possible states are:
** new: default state
** fixme: something needs to be done for this revision is broken - the original committer should feel
responsible for doing this
** reverted: this revision has been reverted
** resolved: this revision was marked fixme, but the issue has been resolved in a later revision
** ok: this revision has been reviewed by a coder able to assess the revision and no issues have been found
** verified: uncertain, as not used in MediaWiki code review. I propose not to use this tag until we need it
* coders can add new coders (role: coder). This is supposed to be a web of trust. Only change state to ok for
revisions that you really understand, and keep comments to the point. If you have the coder role, you can do
code review also on MediaWiki; please only stick to the project you develop on with regards to code review functionality.
If you make follow-up revisions, please mention to which revision (with r#####) you are following up to in
your commit summary. This will automatically link the new revision in the code review page of the