Gavin McDonald | 1 Oct 08:25 2011
Picon

Re: IRC issues since upgrading from 0.8.3 to 0.8.5


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom Prince [mailto:tom.prince@...]
> Sent: Friday, 30 September 2011 11:47 AM
> To: gavin@...; buildbot-devel@...
> Subject: Re: [Buildbot-devel] IRC issues since upgrading from 0.8.3 to
0.8.5
> 
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 06:37:54 +1000, "Gavin McDonald"
> <gavin@...> wrote:
> > 1.  force build on IRC no longer works - I have allowForce = true set
> > as it always has been.
> 
> This is actually fixed in trunk
> (commit 1fed964da6b1c15e409dacb6ce0c9585e3669f3c)

Applied that and it works fine, thanks.

Gav...
> 
>   Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
Dan Kegel | 2 Oct 08:12 2011

regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed is 'macro'."

I use buildbot from git, and a fresh checkout just now explodes when
I try to look at a build page.
http://localhost:8010/builders/runtests-default/builds/0 has lots of
errors, but none of them seem really clear offhand:

web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown
tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The
innermost block that needs to be closed is 'macro'.

/home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py,
line 133 in maybeDeferred
131  """
132  try:
133    result = f(*args, **kw)
134  except:
Locals
args	'()'
kw	'{}'
f	'<function <lambda> at 0xafe464c>'
/home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/buildbot-git/master/buildbot/status/web/base.py,
line 315 in
313    ctx = self.getContext(request)
314
315    d = defer.maybeDeferred(lambda : self.content(request, ctx))
316    def handle(data):
Locals
request	'<GET /builders/runtests-default/builds/0 HTTP/1.1>'
self	'<buildbot.status.web.build.StatusResourceBuild object at 0xb09f08c>'
ctx	"{'build_url': '../../../builders/runtests-default/builds/0',
(Continue reading)

Dan Kegel | 2 Oct 08:46 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Amber Yust <ayust@...> wrote:
> possibly something from 1fc4c? the syntax on that seems right though.

Freaky.  I restarted the master, and now it's happier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
Amber Yust | 2 Oct 08:19 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

possibly something from 1fc4c? the syntax on that seems right though.

On Oct 1, 2011 11:13 PM, "Dan Kegel" <dank-XdDNpL9cdsoAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I use buildbot from git, and a fresh checkout just now explodes when
> I try to look at a build page.
> http://localhost:8010/builders/runtests-default/builds/0 has lots of
> errors, but none of them seem really clear offhand:
>
> web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
> <class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown
> tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The
> innermost block that needs to be closed is 'macro'.
>
> /home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py,
> line 133 in maybeDeferred
> 131 """
> 132 try:
> 133 result = f(*args, **kw)
> 134 except:
> Locals
> args '()'
> kw '{}'
> f '<function <lambda> at 0xafe464c>'
> /home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/buildbot-git/master/buildbot/status/web/base.py,
> line 315 in
> 313 ctx = self.getContext(request)
> 314
> 315 d = defer.maybeDeferred(lambda : self.content(request, ctx))
> 316 def handle(data):
> Locals
> request '<GET /builders/runtests-default/builds/0 HTTP/1.1>'
> self '<buildbot.status.web.build.StatusResourceBuild object at 0xb09f08c>'
> ctx "{'build_url': '../../../builders/runtests-default/builds/0',
> 'slave_url': '../../../buildslaves/example-slave', 'current_step':
> 'git', 'title_url': 'http://winehq.org', 'authz':
> <buildbot.status.web.authz.Authz object at 0xb03530c>, 'tz': u'PDT',
> 'welcomeurl': '../../../', 'title': 'Wine', 'metatags': [],
> 'pageTitle': 'Buildbot: runtests-default Build #0', 'start': 'Sat Oct
> 1 23:07:57 2011', 'stylesheet': '../../../default.css', 'version':
> 'latest', 'path_to_builder': '../../../builders/runtests-default',
> 'path_to_root': '../../../', 'exactly': (), 'elapsed': '14 secs',
> 'most_recent_rev_build': True, 'properties': [{'source': 'Build',
> 'name': 'branch', 'value': u'None'}, {'source': 'Builder', 'name':
> 'buildername', 'value': u'runtests-default'}, {'source': 'Build',
> 'name': 'buildnumber', 'value': u'0'}, {'source': 'Build', 'name':
> 'project', 'value': u''}, {'source': 'Build', 'name': 'repository',
> 'value': u''}, {'source': 'Build', 'name': 'revision', 'value':
> u'None'}, {'source': u'Scheduler', 'name': u'scheduler', 'value':
> u'scrub'}, {'source': 'BuildSlave', 'name': 'slavename', 'value':
> u'example-slave'}, {'source': 'slave', 'name': 'workdir', 'value':
> u'/home/dank/wineslave.dir/sandbox/slave/runtests-default'}], 'b':
> <BuildStatus #0>, 'ss': <buildbot.sourcestamp.SourceStamp instance at
> 0xafccfcc>, 'steps': [{'time_to_run': 'running', 'name': 'git',
> 'css_class': 'running', 'link': '0/steps/git', 'urls': [], 'text':
> 'updating', 'logs': [{'link': '0/steps/git/logs/stdio', 'name':
> 'stdio'}]}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_1', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_1', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_2', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_2', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_3', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_3', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}], 'time': 'Sat 01 Oct 2011 23:08:11', 'responsible_users':
> []}"
> Globals
> defer "<module 'twisted.internet.defer' from
> '/home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.pyc'>"
> /home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/buildbot-git/master/buildbot/status/web/build.py,
> line 242 in content
> 240
> 241 template = req.site.buildbot_service.templates.get_template("build.html")
> 242 return template.render(**cxt)
> 243
> Locals
> cxt "{'build_url': '../../../builders/runtests-default/builds/0',
> 'slave_url': '../../../buildslaves/example-slave', 'current_step':
> 'git', 'title_url': 'http://winehq.org', 'authz':
> <buildbot.status.web.authz.Authz object at 0xb03530c>, 'tz': u'PDT',
> 'welcomeurl': '../../../', 'title': 'Wine', 'metatags': [],
> 'pageTitle': 'Buildbot: runtests-default Build #0', 'start': 'Sat Oct
> 1 23:07:57 2011', 'stylesheet': '../../../default.css', 'version':
> 'latest', 'path_to_builder': '../../../builders/runtests-default',
> 'path_to_root': '../../../', 'exactly': (), 'elapsed': '14 secs',
> 'most_recent_rev_build': True, 'properties': [{'source': 'Build',
> 'name': 'branch', 'value': u'None'}, {'source': 'Builder', 'name':
> 'buildername', 'value': u'runtests-default'}, {'source': 'Build',
> 'name': 'buildnumber', 'value': u'0'}, {'source': 'Build', 'name':
> 'project', 'value': u''}, {'source': 'Build', 'name': 'repository',
> 'value': u''}, {'source': 'Build', 'name': 'revision', 'value':
> u'None'}, {'source': u'Scheduler', 'name': u'scheduler', 'value':
> u'scrub'}, {'source': 'BuildSlave', 'name': 'slavename', 'value':
> u'example-slave'}, {'source': 'slave', 'name': 'workdir', 'value':
> u'/home/dank/wineslave.dir/sandbox/slave/runtests-default'}], 'b':
> <BuildStatus #0>, 'ss': <buildbot.sourcestamp.SourceStamp instance at
> 0xafccfcc>, 'steps': [{'time_to_run': 'running', 'name': 'git',
> 'css_class': 'running', 'link': '0/steps/git', 'urls': [], 'text':
> 'updating', 'logs': [{'link': '0/steps/git/logs/stdio', 'name':
> 'stdio'}]}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_1', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_1', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_2', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_2', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}, {'time_to_run': '', 'name': 'shell_3', 'css_class':
> 'not_started', 'link': '0/steps/shell_3', 'urls': [], 'text': '',
> 'logs': []}], 'time': 'Sat 01 Oct 2011 23:08:11', 'responsible_users':
> []}"
> req '<GET /builders/runtests-default/builds/0 HTTP/1.1>'
> template "<Template 'build.html'>"
> Globals
> html "<module 'twisted.web.html' from
> '/home/dank/winemaster.dir/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/html.pyc'>"
> /home/dank
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
> Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
> threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
> sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
> _______________________________________________
> Buildbot-devel mailing list
> Buildbot-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/buildbot-devel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
_______________________________________________
Buildbot-devel mailing list
Buildbot-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/buildbot-devel
Dan Kegel | 2 Oct 20:01 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Dan Kegel <dank@...> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Amber Yust <ayust@...> wrote:
>> possibly something from 1fc4c? the syntax on that seems right though.
>
> Freaky.  I restarted the master, and now it's happier.

Not freaky, sleepy.  I restarted the wrong master.

git bisect fingers
https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/1fc4cb967654f7ae5ac4322dab316d8546d160e2
as the first bad commit.

I'll pin my bot to the previous commit for now... can anyone else
reproduce the brokenness?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
Dan Kegel | 2 Oct 20:19 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Dan Kegel <dank@...> wrote:
> git bisect fingers
> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/1fc4cb967654f7ae5ac4322dab316d8546d160e2
> as the first bad commit.
>
> I'll pin my bot to the previous commit for now... can anyone else
> reproduce the brokenness?

I see the next commit passed all the tests on http://buildbot.buildbot.net

http://buildbot.buildbot.net/about says it's "latest", but doesn't
say what git revision the metabuildbot is running.
Does it always run the latest from git, or is it pinned at some point
in the past?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
Amber Yust | 2 Oct 21:01 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

The "next" commit is just a merge commit that merges in 1fc4c. 1fc4c also passed all of the tests; I don't think templates are tested that well.


~Amber

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Dan Kegel <dank-XdDNpL9cdsoAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Dan Kegel <dank-XdDNpL9cdsoAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> git bisect fingers
> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/1fc4cb967654f7ae5ac4322dab316d8546d160e2
> as the first bad commit.
>
> I'll pin my bot to the previous commit for now... can anyone else
> reproduce the brokenness?

I see the next commit passed all the tests on http://buildbot.buildbot.net

http://buildbot.buildbot.net/about says it's "latest", but doesn't
say what git revision the metabuildbot is running.
Does it always run the latest from git, or is it pinned at some point
in the past?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2
_______________________________________________
Buildbot-devel mailing list
Buildbot-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/buildbot-devel
Amber Yust | 4 Oct 21:33 2011

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

139c4c should resolve the issue.



~Amber

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Amber Yust <ayust-MJ2LJywqG9I@public.gmane.org> wrote:
The "next" commit is just a merge commit that merges in 1fc4c. 1fc4c also passed all of the tests; I don't think templates are tested that well.

~Amber


On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Dan Kegel <dank-XdDNpL9cdsoAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Dan Kegel <dank-XdDNpL9cdsoAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> git bisect fingers
> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/1fc4cb967654f7ae5ac4322dab316d8546d160e2
> as the first bad commit.
>
> I'll pin my bot to the previous commit for now... can anyone else
> reproduce the brokenness?

I see the next commit passed all the tests on http://buildbot.buildbot.net

http://buildbot.buildbot.net/about says it's "latest", but doesn't
say what git revision the metabuildbot is running.
Does it always run the latest from git, or is it pinned at some point
in the past?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
definitive record of customers, application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1
_______________________________________________
Buildbot-devel mailing list
Buildbot-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/buildbot-devel
Dustin J. Mitchell | 5 Oct 03:56 2011
Picon

Re: hit 640K size limit

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Dan Kegel <dank@...> wrote:
> I guess changes need to be compressed?

So compression will only win us more time, not solve the problem.  I
think, ideally, that we'll fix this by using a more streaming-friendly
protocol to transfer patches.  In the interim, I guess you can raise
these limits on the slaves as well?

Dustin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
definitive record of customers, application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1
Dustin J. Mitchell | 5 Oct 04:16 2011
Picon

Re: regression causing build pages to explode with "<class 'jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError'>: Encountered unknown tag 'endif'. Jinja was looking for the following tags: 'endmacro'. The innermost block that needs to be closed i

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Dan Kegel <dank@...> wrote:
> http://buildbot.buildbot.net/about says it's "latest", but doesn't
> say what git revision the metabuildbot is running.
> Does it always run the latest from git, or is it pinned at some point
> in the past?

FYI, I upgrade this occasionally, but it's not done automatically.

Dustin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
definitive record of customers, application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1

Gmane