Terry.Rankine | 4 Sep 05:50 2007
Picon
Picon

Reading output from slave command

Hi

I have a build process that creates files, to which I don't know the
names of.
I want to then upload them back to the buildmaster.

Can I integrate the output from a shellcommand and manipulate its
contents into a string for the upload step?

Would look like:

xmlnmodelScons.addStep(shell.ShellCommand, command=["scons", "-c"],
workdir="build")
xmlnmodelScons.addStep(shell.ShellCommand, command=["scons"],
workdir="build")
xmlnmodelScons.addStep(shell.ShellCommand, command=["scons", "test"],
workdir="build")
xmlnmodelScons.addStep(shell.ShellCommand, command=["scons", "package"],
workdir="build")

getoutput = lastStep.output()
Do stuff to output - extract the_file_name

xmlnmodelScons.addStep(FileUpload, slavesrc="%s" % (the_file_name),
masterdest="%s" %(the_file_name) )

Regards,

Terry Rankine

(Continue reading)

christian unger | 3 Sep 16:45 2007
Picon

new CI plugin on trac.edgewall.org


Hi Brian,

since I just stumbled across this:

http://bitten.edgewall.org/
A continuous integration plugin for Trac.

what's the status of the Trac plugin you're working on?

cu
christian unger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
Hacksaw | 5 Sep 21:41 2007

buildmaster almost starts, but doesn't really

I'm trying to get 0.7.5 going, and I have what I think is a reasonable 
master.cfg. But something must be wrong, because it never finishes starting:

[root <at> asimov Buildbot]# buildbot restart ~/Buildbot/
buildbot process 21680 is dead
now restarting buildbot process..
Following twistd.log until startup finished..
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Log opened.
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twistd 2.5.0 (/usr/bin/python 2.4.2) starting up
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] reactor class: <class 
'twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor'>
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loading buildbot.tac...
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loaded.
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] loading configuration from 
/home/dtodd/Buildbot/master.cfg
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory 
starting on 9999
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Starting factory 
<twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory instance at 0xb79f10cc>
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Manhole listening via SSH on port 
tcp:9999:interface=127.0.0.1
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding new builder componentFramework for 
category None
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] trying to load status pickle from 
/home/dtodd/Buildbot/full/builder
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] added builder componentFramework in category None
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding IStatusReceiver <Waterfall on port 
tcp:8010>
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twisted.web.server.Site starting on 8010
2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Starting factory <twisted.web.server.Site 
(Continue reading)

Axel Hecht | 6 Sep 13:12 2007

Re: buildmaster almost starts, but doesn't really

2007/9/5, Hacksaw <dtodd@...>:
> I'm trying to get 0.7.5 going, and I have what I think is a reasonable
> master.cfg. But something must be wrong, because it never finishes starting:
>
> [root <at> asimov Buildbot]# buildbot restart ~/Buildbot/
> buildbot process 21680 is dead
> now restarting buildbot process..
> Following twistd.log until startup finished..
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Log opened.
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twistd 2.5.0 (/usr/bin/python 2.4.2) starting up
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] reactor class: <class
> 'twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor'>
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loading buildbot.tac...
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loaded.
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] loading configuration from
> /home/dtodd/Buildbot/master.cfg
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory
> starting on 9999
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Starting factory
> <twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory instance at 0xb79f10cc>
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Manhole listening via SSH on port
> tcp:9999:interface=127.0.0.1
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding new builder componentFramework for
> category None
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] trying to load status pickle from
> /home/dtodd/Buildbot/full/builder
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] added builder componentFramework in category None
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding IStatusReceiver <Waterfall on port
> tcp:8010>
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twisted.web.server.Site starting on 8010
(Continue reading)

Kevin Turner | 7 Sep 00:18 2007

Re: buildmaster almost starts, but doesn't really

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 15:41 -0400, Hacksaw wrote:
> I'm trying to get 0.7.5 going, and I have what I think is a reasonable 
> master.cfg. But something must be wrong, because it never finishes starting:

[...]

> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] BuildMaster listening on port tcp:9989
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] configuration update started
> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Unhandled error in Deferred:

I just ran in to this exact same error today.  Using buildbot 0.7.5 as
installed by the ubuntu feisty package.  And Alex, that is the _end_ of
the log, the "interesting" part is curiously missing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
David Bolen | 7 Sep 07:43 2007
Picon

buildslave keepalive and clock jumps

I'm running a buildslave under FreeBSD within a VMWare image that uses
a vmware-guestd package to keep the clock in sync with the host, since
otherwise the FreeBSD clock runs too slowly. But under load, the clock
can jump in quite large increments in order to sync up (sometimes as
much as a minute or two).

The current slave behavior is to schedule two independent timers, one
to trigger a keepalive to the master in advance of the keepalive
timeout, and the other to check inactivity.  The problem is that if
your clock is subject to jumps, the scheduled gap between them can
shrink, to nothing in some cases, and they can both end up firing back
to back.  In such a case the slave times out the master before there
is even time to get a response back.  In theory scheduling the
keepalive in advance of the overall activity timeout should cover
this, but that falls apart if you have skips in time.

A small change seems to handle this better - if the scheduling of the
activity check is only made once the keepalive has been sent, then it
is relative to the scheduling of the keepalive generation, and slides
forward should clock updates delay execution of the keepalive, always
ensuring enough time for a properly working master to respond.

For example, the attached diff, from a 0.7.5 installation, moves
the activityTimer setup into doKeepalive.

This does perhaps open up more opportunity for an overall slippage of
the keepalive timeout window, but it should be minimal outside of
actual time loss on the system, as nothing within the doKeepalive
routine should block or take a significant amount of time.  It makes
the keepalive checking more robust should clock changes affect the
(Continue reading)

Todd, David | 6 Sep 14:40 2007

Re: buildmaster almost starts, but doesn't really

On 2007/09/06 7:12, "Axel Hecht" <l10n.moz@...> wrote:

> 2007/9/5, Hacksaw <dtodd@...>:
>> I'm trying to get 0.7.5 going, and I have what I think is a reasonable
>> master.cfg. But something must be wrong, because it never finishes starting:
>> 
>> [root <at> asimov Buildbot]# buildbot restart ~/Buildbot/
>> buildbot process 21680 is dead
>> now restarting buildbot process..
>> Following twistd.log until startup finished..
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Log opened.
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twistd 2.5.0 (/usr/bin/python 2.4.2) starting up
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] reactor class: <class
>> 'twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor'>
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loading buildbot.tac...
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Loaded.
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] loading configuration from
>> /home/dtodd/Buildbot/master.cfg
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory
>> starting on 9999
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Starting factory
>> <twisted.conch.manhole_ssh.ConchFactory instance at 0xb79f10cc>
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Manhole listening via SSH on port
>> tcp:9999:interface=127.0.0.1
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding new builder componentFramework for
>> category None
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] trying to load status pickle from
>> /home/dtodd/Buildbot/full/builder
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] added builder componentFramework in category None
>> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] adding IStatusReceiver <Waterfall on port
(Continue reading)

Picon

Don't show changes column

Hi,

I'm looking for a possibility to hide the changes column in the 
waterfall display. Is there an easy (or also not so easy) way to do 
that? I've bin looking through the waterfall.py code but it seems to 
be quite complex and before I spend hours on that I rather ask if 
anybody knows something. Perhaps I just have to comment a line or two 
somewhere and missed that... 

Oliver

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
Charles Lepple | 7 Sep 19:29 2007
Picon

Re: Don't show changes column

On 9/7/07, o.rusterholz@...
<o.rusterholz@...> wrote:
> I'm looking for a possibility to hide the changes column in the
> waterfall display. Is there an easy (or also not so easy) way to do
> that? I've bin looking through the waterfall.py code but it seems to
> be quite complex and before I spend hours on that I rather ask if
> anybody knows something. Perhaps I just have to comment a line or two
> somewhere and missed that...

Would it work if you set the display mode of the CSS "Changes" class
to none? Or do you not want that information in the waterfall HTML
source at all?

--

-- 
- Charles Lepple

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
Kevin Turner | 7 Sep 21:50 2007

Re: buildmaster almost starts, but doesn't really

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 08:40 -0400, Todd, David wrote:
> >> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Starting factory <twisted.web.server.Site
> >> instance at 0xb790b66c>
> >> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] BuildMaster listening on port tcp:9989
> >> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] configuration update started
> >> 2007/09/05 15:05 -0400 [-] Unhandled error in Deferred:
[...]
> Sadly, that is exactly the end of the log, I just checked. And I left it
> running all last night. It's sort of working, in that I can see a website,
> (and could a few seconds after it started) but connecting the debugclient to
> it fails.

In my instance, the process is not listening on that port 9989 that it
claimed to be.  According to netstat, the only port the process is
listening on is the one for the waterfall view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/

Gmane