Matthew Fonda | 1 Feb 03:25 2010
Picon
Picon

[PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template


I agree with all the points made by Alan.

Also, in my opinion there is no need for Yet-Another-Template-Engine in
PEAR. Please consider contributing to one of the other PEAR template
engines. If not--please highlight clearly how your system is better than
these, and what things it can do that other can't.

-- 
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=626

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Jacopo Andrea Nuzzi | 1 Feb 08:24 2010
Picon

Re: [PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template

hi everyone!
thanks all of you for your help!
however let's analyse all of your points:
a) yes, the name is a little bit general.. maybe i should consider
another one
b) and c) you are totally true, i'm going to write some fixes... i'm
still working about it
d) about constants i didn't underatand the problem.. i'll read
something about

however, i've checked out other's pear template engines, but i think
that they are not totally complete (nothing against developer!) and so
i wanted to improve with some new fresh code!

i really do not think how could i improve existibg packages because of
their differents with my own (that's why i'v choosen to write a new
one!)

however, thank you all anyway.
i hope you're going to give me more suggestions in order to make my
and pear code even better!
j.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2010, at 0:04, "Alan Knowles" <alan <at> akbkhome.com> wrote:

>
> a) Naming
> It's been discussed before, If you could provide an API, and write the
(Continue reading)

Jacopo Andrea Nuzzi | 1 Feb 08:21 2010
Picon

Re: [PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template

hi everyone!
thanks all of you for your help!
however let's analyse all of your points:
a) yes, the name is a little bit general.. maybe i should consider
another one
b) and c) you are totally true, i'm going to write some fixes... i'm
still working about it
d) about constants i didn't underatand the problem.. i'll read
something about

however, i've checked out other's pear template engines, but i think
that they are not totally complete (nothing against developer!) and so
i wanted to improve with some new fresh code!

i really do not think how could i improve existibg packages because of
their differents with my own (that's why i'v choosen to write a new
one!)

however, thank you all anyway.
i hope you're going to give me more suggestions in order to make my
and pear code even better!
j.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2010, at 0:04 "Alan Knowles" <alan <at> akbkhome.com> wrote:

>
> a) Naming
> It's been discussed before, If you could provide an API, and write the
(Continue reading)

Jacopo Andrea Nuzzi | 1 Feb 14:19 2010
Picon
Picon

[PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template


 <at> Alan Knowles

I've read something about your d) point... and this is the new version I
wrote: http://app.jaydns.com/htmltemplate/dev/Constants.2.0.1.phps

...is this your point?

-- 
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=626

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Michael Gauthier | 1 Feb 16:48 2010

[PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template


Jacopo,

Typically, you would include your consts in the relevant class, instead of
putting them all in a separate class.

The most important thing for this proposal is to outline what features
this template engine has compared to other template engines; why would I
use this instead of Smarty?

-- 
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=626

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Jacopo Nuzzi | 1 Feb 18:00 2010
Picon
Picon

Re: [PEPr] Comment on HTML::HTML_Template

Yes, well... this is a good question.
I think that there's no answer... i think that this is a good template
engine, it is quite fast, it doesn't make the same stuff when is not
necessary and it has some nice features.
This template engine is not even a beta... it is just an alpha and it
should be improved, but is a good start point!
Smarty is a GREAT template engine, but currently, is not part of pear,
and I think that in pear a powerful template engine is missing.
HTML_Template currently, may be is not the best... but I could become
with the help of the pear community.
I'm the only one developer and I'm not doing this 24/7 !
Furthermore, pear is a great place where you can get a great code, and
edit it, replace it and improve it...

That's it.
How ever, thanks for your attention :)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Michael Gauthier <mike <at> silverorange.com> wrote:
>
> Jacopo,
>
> Typically, you would include your consts in the relevant class, instead of
> putting them all in a separate class.
>
> The most important thing for this proposal is to outline what features
> this template engine has compared to other template engines; why would I
> use this instead of Smarty?
>
> --
> http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=626
(Continue reading)

Bill Shupp | 1 Feb 21:37 2010

FYI - PHP on Google App Engine

Passing this along for anyone interested in attending:

http://www.meetup.com/sv-gtug/calendar/12376916/

It's a meetup at Google regarding using PHP on Google App Engine.

Cheers,

Bill

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

David Soria Parra | 2 Feb 10:16 2010
Picon
Picon

[PEPr] +1 for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git


David Soria Parra (http://pear.php.net/user/dsp) has voted +1 on the proposal for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git.

Proposal information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=625
Vote information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-vote-show.php?id=625&handle=dsp

This vote is conditional. The condition is:

Christian already pointed out a few weaknesses.

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Till Klampaeckel | 2 Feb 12:30 2010
Picon
Picon

[PEPr] +1 for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git


Till Klampaeckel (http://pear.php.net/user/till) has voted +1 on the proposal for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git.

Proposal information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=625
Vote information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-vote-show.php?id=625&handle=till

This vote is conditional. The condition is:

What Christian said. ;)

All in all, great proposal though. I'm looking forward to this code in PEAR! :)

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Kazuyoshi Tlacaelel | 2 Feb 12:43 2010
Picon

[PEPr] +1 for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git


Kazuyoshi Tlacaelel (http://pear.php.net/user/ktlacaelel) has voted +1 on the proposal for VersionControl::VersionControl_Git.

Proposal information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=625
Vote information:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-vote-show.php?id=625&handle=ktlacaelel

Comment:

Nice! Abstraction, coding standards and visibility!

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php


Gmane