Mikhail Joseph Salviejo | 3 Apr 09:32 2012
Picon

Installation of MS Office 2010 SP1

Good day to all WPKG users ^_^

I would like to ask someone if they could help me with my problem.

I would like to filter out the installation of the MS Office 2010 SP1 to our system.

Not all of our Windows 7 PC, are using Office 2010,

Also not all of our Windows XP PC are using Office 2003.

This PC has different profile one is rd_win7, and the other one is rd_winxp

I have already tested out installing Office 2010 SP1 to one PC that has 2010 Office,

using this package.

<package id="office2k10sp1" name="Microsoft Office 2010 SP1" revision="2460049" reboot="false" execute="once" priority="998">

<check type="uninstall"  condition="exists" path="Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)"/>
<check type="registry" condition="equals" path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion" value="14.0.6029.1000" />
<check type="registry" condition="equals" path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion" value="14.0.6029.1000" />

<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\office\officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe" /quiet /norestart' />
   
</package>

Now I would like to put filter on this, so that It wouldn't run on the systems that don't have Office 2010

Thank You for your help :)

--
Mikhail Joseph G. Salviejo
Assistant System Administrator
Training and Standards Unit
ROHM LSI Design Philippines Inc.
10/F Anson's Center
23 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center,
Pasig City 1605 Philippines
Tel. No. 706-3117 ROHM Internal: 744-213
Fax No. 706-3113 ROHM Internal: 744-260

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Geoff Brown | 3 Apr 20:01 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: Installation of MS Office 2010 SP1

If you're up to date, you can do attribute mapping in your profiles.xml:

<profile id="office">
<!-- install office2k3 only on Windows XP -->
	<package package-id="office2k3" os="professional.+5\.1\.\d{4}"/>
<!-- install office2k10sp1 only on Windows 7 -->    
	<package package-id="office2k10sp1" os="professional.+6\.1\.\d{4}"/>
</profile>

More info here:
http://wpkg.org/Extended_host_attribute_matching

Cheers!

On Apr 3, 2012, at 12:32 AM, Mikhail Joseph Salviejo wrote:

> Good day to all WPKG users ^_^
> 
> I would like to ask someone if they could help me with my problem.
> 
> I would like to filter out the installation of the MS Office 2010 SP1 to our system.
> 
> Not all of our Windows 7 PC, are using Office 2010,
> 
> Also not all of our Windows XP PC are using Office 2003.
> 
> This PC has different profile one is rd_win7, and the other one is rd_winxp
> 
> I have already tested out installing Office 2010 SP1 to one PC that has 2010 Office,
> 
> using this package.
> 
> <package id="office2k10sp1" name="Microsoft Office 2010 SP1" revision="2460049" reboot="false"
execute="once" priority="998">
> 
> <check type="uninstall"  condition="exists" path="Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)"/>
> <check type="registry" condition="equals"
path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion"
value="14.0.6029.1000" />
> <check type="registry" condition="equals"
path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion"
value="14.0.6029.1000" />
> 
> <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\office\officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe"
/quiet /norestart' />
>     
> </package>
> 
> Now I would like to put filter on this, so that It wouldn't run on the systems that don't have Office 2010
> 
> Thank You for your help :)
> 
> --
> Mikhail Joseph G. Salviejo
> Assistant System Administrator
> Training and Standards Unit
> ROHM LSI Design Philippines Inc.
> 10/F Anson's Center
> 23 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center,
> Pasig City 1605 Philippines
> Tel. No. 706-3117 ROHM Internal: 744-213
> Fax No. 706-3113 ROHM Internal: 744-260
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
> _______________________________________________
> wpkg-users mailing list
> wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
> http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users

---
Geoff Brown
IT Services, SFU Surrey Campus
Phone : 778-782-7472
Cellular: 604-786-7757
IM: geoffreb <at> jabber.sfu.ca
_______________________
Simon Fraser University Surrey
250 - 13450 102nd Avenue
Surrey, BC
V3T 0A3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
Semián Matěj | 4 Apr 10:03 2012
Picon

Re: Installation of MS Office 2010 SP1

Hi, there,

if you are using only office 2010 and 2003, then you can use simple 
uninstall check, that prevents installing sp1 in case office 2003 exists.

!! not sure about correct path for 2003..

<package id="office2k10sp1" name="Microsoft Office 2010 SP1" 
revision="2460049" reboot="false" execute="once" priority="998">

<check type="logical" codition="or">
	<check type="uninstall"  condition="exists" path="Microsoft Office 2003"/>
	<check type="uninstall"  condition="exists" path="Microsoft Office 2010 
Service Pack 1 (SP1)"/>
</check>

<check type="registry" condition="equals"

path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion" 
value="14.0.6029.1000" />
<check type="registry" condition="equals"

path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion" 
value="14.0.6029.1000" />

<install 
cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\office\officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe" 
/quiet /norestart' />

</package>

Look at this example with adobe it's the same thing 
http://wpkg.org/Packages.xml#Logical_Conditions .

Hope it helps..

Dne 3.4.2012 9:32, Mikhail Joseph Salviejo napsal(a):
> Good day to all WPKG users ^_^
>
> I would like to ask someone if they could help me with my problem.
>
> I would like to filter out the installation of the MS Office 2010 SP1 to
> our system.
>
> Not all of our Windows 7 PC, are using Office 2010,
>
> Also not all of our Windows XP PC are using Office 2003.
>
> This PC has different profile one is rd_win7, and the other one is rd_winxp
>
> I have already tested out installing Office 2010 SP1 to one PC that has
> 2010 Office,
>
> using this package.
>
> *<package id="office2k10sp1" name="Microsoft Office 2010 SP1"
> revision="2460049" reboot="false" execute="once" priority="998">
>
> <check type="uninstall"  condition="exists" path="Microsoft Office 2010
> Service Pack 1 (SP1)"/>
> <check type="registry" condition="equals"
> path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion"
> value="14.0.6029.1000" />
> <check type="registry" condition="equals"
> path="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}\DisplayVersion"
> value="14.0.6029.1000" />
>
> <install
> cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\office\officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe"
> /quiet /norestart' />
>
> </package>*
>
> Now I would like to put filter on this, so that It wouldn't run on the
> systems that don't have Office 2010
>
> Thank You for your help :)
>
> --
> Mikhail Joseph G. Salviejo
> Assistant System Administrator
> Training and Standards Unit
> ROHM LSI Design Philippines Inc.
> 10/F Anson's Center
> 23 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center,
> Pasig City 1605 Philippines
> Tel. No. 706-3117 ROHM Internal: 744-213
> Fax No. 706-3113 ROHM Internal: 744-260
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> wpkg-users mailing list archives>>  http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
> _______________________________________________
> wpkg-users mailing list
> wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
> http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users

--

-- 
S pozdravem
Matěj Semián

Stavební bytové družstvo POKROK
Kollárova 157/18, Praha 8
tel. 225 339 402

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Bruno CHOQUET | 4 Apr 11:22 2012
Picon

Firefox zombie state

Hello,

With Windows 7 32bit sp1, I have zombie state with firefox 6.02, an idea ? (no problem with Windows XP)


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
<package
    id="firefox602"
    name="Mozilla Firefox"
    revision="9"
    reboot="false"
    priority="98">
 
    <variable name="version" value="6.0.2" />
    <variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
    <variable name="locale" value="fr" />   
    <variable architecture="x86" name="ProgFiles" value="%PROGRAMFILES%" />
    <variable architecture="x64" name="ProgFiles" value="%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%" />
 
    <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />
 
    <install cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe"><exit code="any" /></install>
    <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\firefox\Firefox Setup %version%.exe" -ms' />
 
    <upgrade include ="install" />

    <remove cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe"><exit code="any" /></remove>
    <remove cmd='"%ProgFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms'></remove>
</package>
</packages>


2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Going to install package 'Mozilla Firefox' (firefox602), Revision 9, (execute flag is '', notify flag is 'true').
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Package 'Mozilla Firefox' (firefox602): Not yet processed during this session.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Comparing version: '9' <=> '9'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Checking existence of package: Mozilla Firefox
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from package 'Mozilla Firefox'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute match found: architecture=x86
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched 'x64'. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value 'x86'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value '%PROGRAMFILES%'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from profile[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Getting profiles which apply to this node.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from profile test
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from hosts[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Saving unsorted settings to 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Saving XML : C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Package 'Mozilla Firefox' (firefox602): Already installed.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Removing package 'firefox602'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Package 'Mozilla Firefox' (firefox602): Not yet processed during this session.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Removal of depending packages for 'Mozilla Firefox' (firefox602) successfully finished.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, INFO    : Removing Mozilla Firefox (firefox602)...
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from package 'Mozilla Firefox'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute match found: architecture=x86
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched 'x64'. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value 'x86'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value '%PROGRAMFILES%'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from profile[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Reading variables from hosts[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Found language definition node for language ID 40c
2012-04-04 11:08:46, INFO    : User notification suppressed. Message: WPKG, l'utilitaire d'installation automatique des programmes a appliqué ou applique en ce moment des mises à jour à votre système. Veuillez consulter l'heure au début de ce message afin de vérifier que cette information ne soit pas obsolète. Veuillez sauvegarder tous vos documents ouverts, car un redémarrage peut être nécessaire et, dans ce cas, le système redémarrera sans avertissement à la fin de l'installation ou de la mise à jour. Merci.
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Executing command: 'taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe'.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Command returned result: 0
2012-04-04 11:08:47, INFO    : Command 'taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe' returned  exit code [0]. This exit code indicates success.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, INFO    : Command in removal of Mozilla Firefox returned  exit code [0]. This exit code indicates success.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Executing command: '"%ProgFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' ('"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms').
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Command returned result: 0
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Command in removal of Mozilla Firefox returned exit code [0]. Success.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Restoring previous environment.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Checking existence of package: Mozilla Firefox
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Reading variables from package 'Mozilla Firefox'.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute match found: architecture=x86
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched 'x64'. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value 'x86'
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value '%PROGRAMFILES%'
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Reading variables from profile[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:47, DEBUG   : Reading variables from hosts[s]
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'.
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful.
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Searching for previously executed checks with attributes type='uninstall', condition='exists', path='Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)'
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Found 1 previously executed checks.
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Replacing check results of previous evaluation
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving unsorted settings to 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'.
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving XML : C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Checking firefox602 zombie state.
2012-04-04 11:08:48, ERROR   : Could not process (remove) Mozilla Firefox.|Package still installed.




Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon. correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon. http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon Tel : 02.33.80.85.10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Falko Trojahn | 4 Apr 11:41 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state

Hello,

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:22:01 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET
<bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr> wrote:
> With Windows 7 32bit sp1, I have zombie state with firefox 6.02, an idea

> ? (no problem with Windows XP)

> <variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
This is the problem - you define architecture to always be x86, so 

> <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox 
> %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />

perhaps the architecture variable is not correct for e.g. Win7 64.

> 
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 
> 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute 
> match found: architecture=x86
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value 
> 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched 'x64'.

> Skipping to next definition.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML 
> node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value
'x86'
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value 
> '%PROGRAMFILES%'

> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 
> (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox 
> %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Searching for previously executed checks 
> with attributes type='uninstall', condition='exists', path='Mozilla 
> Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)'
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Found 1 previously executed checks.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Replacing check results of previous 
> evaluation
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving unsorted settings to 
> 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving XML : C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Checking firefox602 zombie state.
> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, ERROR   : Could not process (remove) Mozilla 
> Firefox.|Package still installed.

The line about zomie state is not the problem. You are removing firefox, 
but after removing the Uninstall entry is still present, so wpkg correctly
states that the package is still installed.

HTH
Falko
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
Bruno CHOQUET | 4 Apr 15:35 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state


Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon.
correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon.
http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon
Tel : 02.33.80.85.10

Le 04/04/2012 11:41, Falko Trojahn a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:22:01 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET
> <bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr>  wrote:
>> With Windows 7 32bit sp1, I have zombie state with firefox 6.02, an idea
>> ? (no problem with Windows XP)
>
>> <variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
> This is the problem - you define architecture to always be x86, so
>
>
>> <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox
>> %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />
> perhaps the architecture variable is not correct for e.g. Win7 64.

NO same instal
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value
>> 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute
>> match found: architecture=x86
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with value
>> 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched 'x64'.
>> Skipping to next definition.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML
>> node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value
> 'x86'
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value
>> '%PROGRAMFILES%'
>
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2
>> (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox
>> %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Searching for previously executed checks
>> with attributes type='uninstall', condition='exists', path='Mozilla
>> Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)'
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Found 1 previously executed checks.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Replacing check results of previous
>> evaluation
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving unsorted settings to
>> 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving XML : C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Checking firefox602 zombie state.
>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, ERROR   : Could not process (remove) Mozilla
>> Firefox.|Package still installed.
> The line about zomie state is not the problem. You are removing firefox,
> but after removing the Uninstall entry is still present, so wpkg correctly
> states that the package is still installed.

No it always retry to uninstall
>
> HTH
> Falko
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Bruno CHOQUET | 4 Apr 15:51 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state

I use (call) this script and it works (no zombie state). But is there a 
better way than an old-old-old MSDOS SCRIPT ??????

KILLFFX6.BAT

 <at> echo off
set PROGRAM_FILES=%ProgramFiles%
if not "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" == "" set PROGRAM_FILES=%ProgramFiles(x86)%
rem Path where the uninstaller is located
set APP_DIR=%PROGRAM_FILES%\Mozilla Firefox
rem Path to the uninstaller (see path definition above)
set UNINSTALLER=%APP_DIR%\uninstall\helper.exe
rem Options to be passed to the uninstaller in order to uninstall silently
set OPTIONS=-ms
echo Removing Program
if not exist "%UNINSTALLER%" goto good_end
start /wait "Uninstall" "%UNINSTALLER%" %OPTIONS%
REM Unfortunately the uninstaller seems to fork a child process and the 
parent
REM process exits immediately. So give it some time to uninstall
for /L %%C IN (1,1,30) DO (
   if not exist "%UNINSTALLER%" goto good_end
   ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 > NUL
)
:bad_end
exit /B 1

:good_end
if exist "%APP_DIR%" rmdir /s /q "%APP_DIR%"
exit /B 0

Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon.
correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon.
http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon
Tel : 02.33.80.85.10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Falko Trojahn | 4 Apr 16:01 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state

Bonjour Bruno,

"zombie state" means that there is a package assigned to a profile,
but the package does not exist. This is not the case here. 

For some reason the package is not assigned to your profile or host, 
so Wpkg tries to uninstall firefox - this is what I read in your log.

Here is a firefox package what I use here on Win 7 64 bit.

Best regards,
Falko

<package 
	id="firefox"
	name="Mozilla Firefox"
	revision="%version%"
	reboot="false"
	priority="10">

	<variable name="version" value="11.0" />
	<variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
	<variable name="locale" value="de" />

	<check type="logical" condition="or"> 
		<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox
%version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />
		<check type="uninstall" condition="versiongreaterorequal" path="Mozilla
Firefox .+" value="%version%" />
	</check> 

	<install cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe">
		<exit code="0" />
		<exit code="-1073741515" />
		<exit code="128" />
	</install>

	<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\packages\mozilla\Firefox Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />

	<upgrade cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe">
		<exit code="0" />
		<exit code="128" />
		<exit code="-1073741515" />
	</upgrade>

	<upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\packages\mozilla\Firefox Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />

	<remove cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe">
		<exit code="0" />
		<exit code="128" />
		<exit code="-1073741515" />
	</remove>

        <!-- for 32bit and 64bit System -->
	<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' />
	<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla
Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla
Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' />

</package>

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:35:31 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET
<bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr> wrote:
> Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon.
> correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon.
> http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon
> Tel : 02.33.80.85.10
> 
> 
> Le 04/04/2012 11:41, Falko Trojahn a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:22:01 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET
>> <bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr>  wrote:
>>> With Windows 7 32bit sp1, I have zombie state with firefox 6.02, an
idea
>>> ? (no problem with Windows XP)
>>
>>> <variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
>> This is the problem - you define architecture to always be x86, so
>>
>>
>>> <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox
>>> %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />
>> perhaps the architecture variable is not correct for e.g. Win7 64.
> 
> NO same instal
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with
value
>>> 'x86' matches expression 'x86'.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : XML node with special host attribute
>>> match found: architecture=x86
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Host attribute 'architecture' with
value
>>> 'x86' does not match expression 'x64'.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : No value of 'architecture' matched
'x64'.
>>> Skipping to next definition.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Could not match all attributes of XML
>>> node to current host. Skipping to next definition.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2'
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'architecture' of value
>> 'x86'
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr'
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG   : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value
>>> '%PROGRAMFILES%'
>>
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2
>>> (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox
>>> %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Searching for previously executed
checks
>>> with attributes type='uninstall', condition='exists', path='Mozilla
>>> Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)'
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Found 1 previously executed checks.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Replacing check results of previous
>>> evaluation
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving unsorted settings to
>>> 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Saving XML :
C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG   : Checking firefox602 zombie state.
>>> 2012-04-04 11:08:48, ERROR   : Could not process (remove) Mozilla
>>> Firefox.|Package still installed.
>> The line about zomie state is not the problem. You are removing
firefox,
>> but after removing the Uninstall entry is still present, so wpkg
>> correctly
>> states that the package is still installed.
> 
> No it always retry to uninstall
>>
>> HTH
>> Falko
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Bruno CHOQUET | 4 Apr 16:17 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state

Falko,

It's not a profil or host problem : i just want to uninstall Firefox 6.

Best regards, Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon. correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon. http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon Tel : 02.33.80.85.10
Le 04/04/2012 16:01, Falko Trojahn a écrit :
Bonjour Bruno, "zombie state" means that there is a package assigned to a profile, but the package does not exist. This is not the case here. For some reason the package is not assigned to your profile or host, so Wpkg tries to uninstall firefox - this is what I read in your log. Here is a firefox package what I use here on Win 7 64 bit. Best regards, Falko <package id="firefox" name="Mozilla Firefox" revision="%version%" reboot="false" priority="10"> <variable name="version" value="11.0" /> <variable name="architecture" value="x86" /> <variable name="locale" value="de" /> <check type="logical" condition="or"> <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" /> <check type="uninstall" condition="versiongreaterorequal" path="Mozilla Firefox .+" value="%version%" /> </check> <install cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe"> <exit code="0" /> <exit code="-1073741515" /> <exit code="128" /> </install> <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\packages\mozilla\Firefox Setup %version%.exe" -ms' /> <upgrade cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe"> <exit code="0" /> <exit code="128" /> <exit code="-1073741515" /> </upgrade> <upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\packages\mozilla\Firefox Setup %version%.exe" -ms' /> <remove cmd="taskkill /F /IM Firefox.exe"> <exit code="0" /> <exit code="128" /> <exit code="-1073741515" /> </remove> <!-- for 32bit and 64bit System --> <remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' /> <remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' /> </package> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:35:31 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET <bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr> wrote:
Bruno CHOQUET, responsable du service informatique de l'IUT d'Alençon. correspondant informatique du site universitaire d'Alençon. http://www.unicaen.fr/iutalencon Tel : 02.33.80.85.10 Le 04/04/2012 11:41, Falko Trojahn a écrit :
Hello, On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:22:01 +0200, Bruno CHOQUET <bruno.choquet <at> unicaen.fr> wrote:
With Windows 7 32bit sp1, I have zombie state with firefox 6.02, an
idea
? (no problem with Windows XP)
<variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
This is the problem - you define architecture to always be x86, so
<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />
perhaps the architecture variable is not correct for e.g. Win7 64.
NO same instal
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Host attribute 'architecture' with
value
'x86' matches expression 'x86'. 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : XML node with special host attribute match found: architecture=x86 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Host attribute 'architecture' with
value
'x86' does not match expression 'x64'. 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : No value of 'architecture' matched
'x64'.
Skipping to next definition. 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Could not match all attributes of XML node to current host. Skipping to next definition. 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Got variable 'version' of value '6.0.2' 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Got variable 'architecture' of value
'x86'
2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Got variable 'locale' of value 'fr' 2012-04-04 11:08:46, DEBUG : Got variable 'ProgFiles' of value '%PROGRAMFILES%'
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Uninstall entry 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)' matches string 'Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2 (x86 fr)'. 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Uninstall entry for Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%) was found: test successful. 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Searching for previously executed
checks
with attributes type='uninstall', condition='exists', path='Mozilla Firefox %version% (%architecture% %locale%)' 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Found 1 previously executed checks. 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Replacing check results of previous evaluation 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Saving unsorted settings to 'C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml'. 2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Saving XML :
C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
2012-04-04 11:08:48, DEBUG : Checking firefox602 zombie state. 2012-04-04 11:08:48, ERROR : Could not process (remove) Mozilla Firefox.|Package still installed.
The line about zomie state is not the problem. You are removing
firefox,
but after removing the Uninstall entry is still present, so wpkg correctly states that the package is still installed.
No it always retry to uninstall
HTH Falko
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/
_______________________________________________
wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users <at> lists.wpkg.org
http://lists.wpkg.org/mailman/listinfo/wpkg-users
Stefan Pendl | 4 Apr 18:14 2012
Picon

Re: Firefox zombie state

Am 04.04.2012 16:17, schrieb Bruno CHOQUET:
> Falko,
>
> It's not a profil or host problem : i just want to uninstall Firefox 6.
>

Installing the latest version of Firefox will replace any previous version.

Writing packages to remove an application that was not installed by WPKG 
is tricky.
You need to have checks to identify that the application is not 
installed, but you define install commands to actually remove the 
application.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
wpkg-users mailing list archives >> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/

Gmane