Tony Evans | 1 Nov 10:50 2009
Picon

Perl CGI version problem

Hi there,
 
I'm running CentOS 5.4 and downloaded and installed OTRS 2.4.5 via the RPM available on your site.
 
When running ./bin/otrs.checkModules, I get the following issue:
 
./ otrs.checkModules
   o CGI............................failed!!! Version 3.15 installed but 3.33 or higher is required!
 
Perl::CGI comes with the base Perl package in RedHat based distros such as CentOS... Thus,
 
rpm -qa | grep -i '^perl-5'
perl-5.8.8-27.el5
 
However, no matter what software repository I use with 'yum', there is no higher version upgrade for Perl.  So there's no possible way for me to use mod_perl with CentOS/RHEL 5.* because OTRS' requirement is too high.  Is there a way to make it work?  What is the requirement that is in version 3.33 and not the lower 3.15 version that OTRS makes use of?  At this time, it is pointless for me to upgrade OTRS from 2.3.x or else I suffer breaking and slowing down my OTRS installation.
 
 
Regards,
 
 
Tony E.
Manager of Hosting Services
CWIE, LLC
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
Michiel Beijen | 1 Nov 15:16 2009

Re: Perl CGI version problem

Hi Tony,
 
In this case you could best install the latest CGI version using CPAN.
execute the following as root:
 
 # perl -MCPAN -e shell
  cpan> install CGI
this will install the latest CGI version right off the CPAN.
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU <at> IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Tony Evans <tonye <at> cwie.net> wrote:
Hi there,
 
I'm running CentOS 5.4 and downloaded and installed OTRS 2.4.5 via the RPM available on your site.
 
When running ./bin/otrs.checkModules, I get the following issue:
 
./ otrs.checkModules
   o CGI............................failed!!! Version 3.15 installed but 3.33 or higher is required!
 
Perl::CGI comes with the base Perl package in RedHat based distros such as CentOS... Thus,
 
rpm -qa | grep -i '^perl-5'
perl-5.8.8-27.el5
 
However, no matter what software repository I use with 'yum', there is no higher version upgrade for Perl.  So there's no possible way for me to use mod_perl with CentOS/RHEL 5.* because OTRS' requirement is too high.  Is there a way to make it work?  What is the requirement that is in version 3.33 and not the lower 3.15 version that OTRS makes use of?  At this time, it is pointless for me to upgrade OTRS from 2.3.x or else I suffer breaking and slowing down my OTRS installation.
 
 
Regards,
 
 
Tony E.
Manager of Hosting Services
CWIE, LLC
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
Arnold Ligtvoet | 1 Nov 17:13 2009

Disable CompanyTickets in customer.pl

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible (and how) to disable the 
'CompanyTickets' view in the customer.pl via code. I know I can disable 
it via the sysconfig setting, but I'd like to create two versions of the 
customer.pl. One which shows CompanyTickets and one that doesn't.

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arnold.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

Michiel Beijen | 1 Nov 20:43 2009

Re: Disable CompanyTickets in customer.pl

Hi Arnold,
 
By far the easiest way would be to restrict the module to a group, for instance customeruser_company_tickets, in the SysConfig. Now you can just add this group to the customer users who'd need access to this feature.
 
Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D
OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland
T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/
Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer
CU <at> IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!


On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Arnold Ligtvoet <arnold <at> ligtvoet.org> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible (and how) to disable the 'CompanyTickets' view in the customer.pl via code. I know I can disable it via the sysconfig setting, but I'd like to create two versions of the customer.pl. One which shows CompanyTickets and one that doesn't.

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arnold.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
Altangerel | 2 Nov 05:34 2009

Customize "Compose email" form [Urgent]

Dears,

I'm asking again that how can I fill compose email form with customer 
email. When agents compose email for customer ticket "compose" form is 
loaded. Email body filled by salutation, signature and response that I 
wrote before. I want to put customer email address automatically in "To" 
field. I've checked the source code "AgentTicketCompose.dtl" out. There 
is a input field "To" and it is filled by value of  $QData{"To"}. 
Unfortunately, in browser I don't see customer email address. Is it 
possible to edit values of QData matrix? Also where is the declaration 
of that matrix?

Please help me guys, thank you.

--

-- 
Altangerel Ganbold

Plan for the future, because that is where you are going to spend the rest of your life.
Mark Twain

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

MMoj | 2 Nov 06:54 2009

Re: Status de tickets and text ticket

Morning ;)

Have a look at this E-Mails ..... It´s a Bug and there is an updated file to get thing working again :)

http://www.mail-archive.com/otrs <at> otrs.org/msg27761.html and espacialy this one here : http://www.mail-archive.com/otrs <at> otrs.org/msg27762.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Markus Moj
IT Infrastructure & Services

TimoCom Soft- und Hardware GmbH
In der Steele 2
D-40599 Düsseldorf
Tel: +49 211 88 26 80 14
Fax: +49 211 88 26 70 14
eMail: MMoj <at> TimoCom.com
www.TimoCom.com
Geschäftsführer: Jens Thiermann, Gunther Matzaitis
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 34489

Rodrigo Correa ---31.10.2009 13:53:19---Hello, I have updated my version of OTRS 2.3.3 to 2.4.5, everything is apparently OK.


From:

Rodrigo Correa <rod_luiz <at> hotmail.com>

To:

OTRS <otrs <at> otrs.org>

Date:

31.10.2009 13:53

Subject:

[otrs] Status de tickets and text ticket

Sent by:

otrs-bounces <at> otrs.org



Hello,
I have updated my version of OTRS 2.3.3 to 2.4.5, everything is apparently OK.

I'm having some doubts:


When I answer a ticket, he automatically come with this status of "closed successful", and in fact it should be as "OPEN". How do I change it?

And also when I answer a ticket, a text is added to the message "SCALAR (0x82d7f6e4)", what is it?


TKS,
Rodrigo Corrêa

Navegue com segurança com o Novo Internet Explorer 8. Baixe agora, é gratis!---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
Sarper SARIDAL | 2 Nov 09:37 2009
Picon

otrs manager report not opening..

Hi everyone,

I'm using otrs manager without any problem.

Only when i press the report button i receive this error.

report not created. please close open report

There are no open reports..???

Or is there a tweak or something that i have to check?

Regards,

Sarper

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
arnold | 2 Nov 09:15 2009

Re: Disable CompanyTickets in customer.pl

Hi Michiel,

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:43:40 +0100, Michiel Beijen <mb <at> otrs.org> wrote:
> Hi Arnold,
> 
> By far the easiest way would be to restrict the module to a group, for
> instance customeruser_company_tickets, in the SysConfig. Now you can
> just add this group to the customer users who'd need access to this
> feature.
> 
> Kind regards,

thanks and I agree. The problem seems to be that:
a) I do not understand the method of setting this
b) it does not work

I've created a group called show_company_tickets under 'admin->groups'.
Did not yet add any users to this group and then went to 'sysconfig->
Ticket -> Frontend::Customer::ModuleRegistration'. Under the group option
of 'CompanyTickets' I clicked on new group and in the text box I added
'show_company_tickets'. I entered nothing under group_ro. Then I clicked on
update. I would expect that if a user now logs onto the customer frontend
that the CompanyTickets button is not visible, as there are no users in the
group. 

The problem is that the button is still visible and the function also
still works. When I click it, it shows the company tickets.

Any help is much appriciated. 

Arnold.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

Marco Vannini | 2 Nov 09:48 2009
Picon

Re: otrs manager report not opening..

Hi Sarper,


Never met this problem, take in consideration that it opens a Word document... I' don't know if it is a requirments

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Sarper SARIDAL <sarper.saridal <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm using otrs manager without any problem.

Only when i press the report button i receive this error.

report not created. please close open report

There are no open reports..???

Or is there a tweak or something that i have to check?

Regards,

Sarper

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/
Michiel Beijen | 2 Nov 11:42 2009

Re: Disable CompanyTickets in customer.pl

Hi Arnold,

I've tried to configure it on a test system, and I guess I must confirm that it does not work as I described.
For that I've raised a bug: http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4476

In the mean time, you could implement the same behaviour  by using a permission module, and patching the customer frontend module that should be retricted to some groups. But it would require at least Perl skills, a little OTRS insight and some time...
-
Michiel Beijen
R&D
OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland
T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/
Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer
CU <at> IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!


On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM, <arnold <at> ligtvoet.org> wrote:
Hi Michiel,


On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:43:40 +0100, Michiel Beijen <mb <at> otrs.org> wrote:
> Hi Arnold,
>
> By far the easiest way would be to restrict the module to a group, for
> instance customeruser_company_tickets, in the SysConfig. Now you can
> just add this group to the customer users who'd need access to this
> feature.
>
> Kind regards,

thanks and I agree. The problem seems to be that:
a) I do not understand the method of setting this
b) it does not work

I've created a group called show_company_tickets under 'admin->groups'.
Did not yet add any users to this group and then went to 'sysconfig->
Ticket -> Frontend::Customer::ModuleRegistration'. Under the group option
of 'CompanyTickets' I clicked on new group and in the text box I added
'show_company_tickets'. I entered nothing under group_ro. Then I clicked on
update. I would expect that if a user now logs onto the customer frontend
that the CompanyTickets button is not visible, as there are no users in the
group.

The problem is that the button is still visible and the function also
still works. When I click it, it shows the company tickets.

Any help is much appriciated.

Arnold.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

NEW! ENTERPRISE SUBSCRIPTION - Get more information NOW!
http://www.otrs.com/en/support/enterprise-subscription/

Gmane