Rafa Quiñonero Figuerola | 1 Aug 10:11 2012
Picon

Re: mapping a business process in OTRS

Hi Henning, 


The way that OTRS creates a workflow is with the status. You can create ACLs (in perl) that help you to achieve that. Inside you /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/files create a new file "MyACL.pm", add these 3 lines:

package Kernel::Config::ACLs;

use strict;
use warnings;

and you can begin to create your workflows with ACLs. In the OTRS documentation there's a little explanation and examples about it. Also in the FAQ from OTRS ( http://faq.otrs.org/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQZoom;ItemID=68 ) you can see what kind of ACLs you can write.

I think it's the best solution to achieve what you want, I did it also like that, but maybe anyone else knows a better way.

In the OTRS forum  - http://forums.otterhub.org/ - there are also lots of questions and threads about that kind of issues. 

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help!

-- 
Rafa Quiñonero Figuerola

Tlf: 01577-6805709
rafakorp <at> gmail.com
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev
David Boyes | 1 Aug 16:25 2012
Picon

scattering of content - what's the deal with otterhub

It seems like a lot of the developer discussions seems to be split between this list and this forum on otterhub. Is there some particularly good reason for that? It’s a real PITA to have to check both locations, and I *vastly* prefer this list format (WWW-based forums are a total time-sink).

 

Just curious to see if I’m the only one to think that.

 

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev
Alexander Halle | 1 Aug 17:20 2012

Re: scattering of content - what's the deal with otterhub

David Boyes wrote:
> It seems like a lot of the developer discussions seems to be split 
> between this list and this forum on otterhub. Is there some particularly 
> good reason for that? It’s a real PITA to have to check both locations, 
> and I **vastly** prefer this list format (WWW-based forums are a total 
> time-sink).
[...]

Hi David,

some users prefer forums and some mailing lists. Both groups are too big 
to ignore and both have good reasons for their decision, so one should 
not simply close any of the two platforms.

What's missing is a technical solution where you can interact with a 
forum via a mailing list so that every user can use what he likes best. 
But we have not found a really suitable software application.

We're interested in any practicable suggestion to solve this scattering.

Alexander

Public Relations
OTRS Community Board / OtterHub (http://www.otterhub.org/)
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

David Boyes | 1 Aug 19:09 2012
Picon

Re: scattering of content - what's the deal with otterhub

> some users prefer forums and some mailing lists. Both groups are too big to
> ignore and both have good reasons for their decision, so one should not
> simply close any of the two platforms.

OK. I thought that might be the case, but good to confirm. 

> What's missing is a technical solution where you can interact with a forum
> via a mailing list so that every user can use what he likes best.
> But we have not found a really suitable software application.
> We're interested in any practicable suggestion to solve this scattering.

Use a private NNTP server to store the conversation articles, and one of the WWW-based news reader/post
tools to provide the forum version; use mail2news to link the mailing list to the NNTP environment. 

Easy to manage, known to work at scale, uses standard components (no development required, just
configuration), does not mandate special software at the client side. Shouldn't take you more than a day
or two to set up. 

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

Alexander Halle | 2 Aug 15:17 2012

Re: scattering of content - what's the deal with otterhub

David Boyes wrote:
[...]
> Use a private NNTP server to store the conversation articles, and one
> of the WWW-based news reader/post tools to provide the forum version;
> use mail2news to link the mailing list to the NNTP environment.
> 
> Easy to manage, known to work at scale, uses standard components (no
> development required, just configuration), does not mandate special
> software at the client side. Shouldn't take you more than a day or
> two to set up.

I have no experience with this. Could you please suggest a concrete set 
of applications for this solution or a how-to? I will then try to look 
at this.

Thanks in advance

Alexander
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

David Boyes | 2 Aug 15:42 2012
Picon

Re: scattering of content - what's the deal with otterhub


> I have no experience with this. Could you please suggest a concrete set of
> applications for this solution or a how-to? I will then try to look at this.

INN is the most common NNTP server. http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html for more information
about INN. 

Mail2news is part of the INN package. Instructions for setting up mail2news are in the INN package. 

One WWW-based NNTP client is http://web-news.sourceforge.net/. There are lots more; I pulled this one at
random. 

Basically, what you want to do is use the software originally designed for Usenet news, and create a two-way
gateway from a newsgroup to a mailing list. The users that like "pull" content (forum users) interact with
the newsgroup via a NNTP client, the rest of us use the mailing list via email. Both sets of users see the same
content. 

Note that the use of the "Usenet news software" does NOT imply implementing a full news server. You don't
have to feed or accept feeds from other people; in fact, you probably want to lock down the NNTP server to the
IP addresses of the WWW-based client machine to avoid Google, etc from skimming out your content.
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

mohan maalagi | 13 Aug 09:42 2012
Picon

issue in integrating otrs to lemonldap-ng

Hello Sir/madam,

I have installed and configured Lemonldap-ng(http://lemonldap-ng.org/start) in Centos-6.2 and it supports single sign on for web applications.

  I have also installed OTRS-3.1.8 in the same system.Now i want to integrate the OTRS into lemonldap-ng, so that i can make use of single sign on feature. please give me the documentation or steps to do so..
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev
Michiel Beijen | 15 Aug 12:48 2012
Picon

Re: issue in integrating otrs to lemonldap-ng

Hi Mohan,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM, mohan maalagi <mohan.maalagi <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed and configured Lemonldap-ng(http://lemonldap-ng.org/start)
> in Centos-6.2 and it supports single sign on for web applications.
>
>   I have also installed OTRS-3.1.8 in the same system.Now i want to
> integrate the OTRS into lemonldap-ng, so that i can make use of single sign
> on feature. please give me the documentation or steps to do so..

You would configure Apache to authenticate against lemonldap. How to
do this is in the lemonldap documentation.

Then you simply log in to OTRS; go to SysConfig, search for AuthModule
and set it to 'BasicAuth'. Now OTRS uses the credentials from Single
Sign On to log you in to the system.

--
Mike.
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

Sharan Kumar | 20 Aug 14:37 2012
Picon

Deduping Functionality in OTRS

Hi All,


We use OTRS and nagios combination in our company. Nagios creates tickets whenever there is an alert. If the issue persists for a longer time, Nagios does a couple of checks after a specific period of time and it creates another ticket. My concern here is, a lot of duplicate tickets(similiar) tickets are getting created and this is happening for multiple issues resulting in huge volume of tickets, further increasing the operational load of closing them manually. I would like to know if there is a way to dedupe/update the first ticket itself after doing a recheck (or) is there a way to check if a ticket already exists, if yes udate the same else create a new ticket.

Thanking you in Advance.

Sharan
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev
Rafa Quiñonero Figuerola | 20 Aug 16:24 2012
Picon

Re: Deduping Functionality in OTRS

Take a look at this thread:


https://otrsteam.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Prevent-multiple-tickets-being-created-for-same-email-thread/109604-10369 

2012/8/20 Sharan Kumar <sharannemani2005 <at> gmail.com>
Hi All,

We use OTRS and nagios combination in our company. Nagios creates tickets whenever there is an alert. If the issue persists for a longer time, Nagios does a couple of checks after a specific period of time and it creates another ticket. My concern here is, a lot of duplicate tickets(similiar) tickets are getting created and this is happening for multiple issues resulting in huge volume of tickets, further increasing the operational load of closing them manually. I would like to know if there is a way to dedupe/update the first ticket itself after doing a recheck (or) is there a way to check if a ticket already exists, if yes udate the same else create a new ticket.

Thanking you in Advance.

Sharan

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev



--
Rafa Quiñonero Figuerola

Tlf: 01577-6805709
rafakorp <at> gmail.com
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: dev - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/dev

Gmane