Michael Bliem | 1 Feb 01:55 2010
Picon
Picon

pix_video error -9402


_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

PSPunch | 1 Feb 02:23 2010

Re: Floats and negative numbers over OSC


Hi Martin,

So it seems like a problem with GlovePIE not formatting the bytes 
according to the OSC specs..

I will review the format and if find it relevant, contact the author.

Thanks again for investigating.

-- 
David Shimamoto

> PSPunch wrote:
>>
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>>
>> Thank you for your response.
>>
>> I am attaching the patch used to produce the following results.
>>
>> This was tested on
>> Pd version 0.41.4-extended,
>> running on WinXP SP3.
>>
>>
>> The OSC data were sent by GlovePIE running the following code.
>>
>> -------
(Continue reading)

Marco Donnarumma | 1 Feb 04:13 2010

[instance] and dynamic object creation

(I think) I found a weird behaviour with the dynamic creation of objects and the [instance] abstraction.
It looks like when you create an object - which includes [instance] - with the message [; pd-mypatch.pd obj 10 10 myobject(  there is no loadbang triggering [instance].
Example attached.
Any hint and/or workaround?
I would need to count each abstraction created dynamically in a patch and assign each one a single id.
thanks


p.s. If I create objects using a message to pd, when I close the parent patch Pd won't ask me if I want to save the changes (and changes are not saved).


--
Marco

Attachment (instance-test.pd): application/octet-stream, 1179 bytes
_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
Hans-Christoph Steiner | 1 Feb 04:54 2010
Picon

Re: Building Pd for Android


On Jan 31, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>> Actually, it would be good to try building it before we meet, in case
>> you find any problems, then we can fix it.  Currently its in a "works
>> for me" state.
>
> OK - but I still cannot checkout from the repository:
>
> :~/projects/android/android-ndk-1.6_r1/apps$ svn co https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-mobile-0.43
> svn: Die URL
»https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-mobile-0.43 
> « existiert nicht
> (the URL does not exist)

Sorry, it seems the update didn't take.  I fixed it, plus here's the  
URL:
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/by-author/eighthave/pd-mobile-0.43

.hc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste

_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

IOhannes m zmoelnig | 1 Feb 09:30 2010
Picon

Re: pix_video error -9402

Michael Bliem wrote:
> 

it seems like you forgot to write the body of your email.

mfgas
IOhannes
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 4915 bytes
_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
Georg Werner | 1 Feb 09:38 2010
Picon

Re: Floats and negative numbers over OSC

Hi,

i tried your patch on winxp just with udpsend and had the same problems:
error: udpsend_send: item 0 (-1.000000) is not between 0 and 255
error: udpsend_send: item 0 (1.100000) is not an integer
so maybe the problem is not OSC but UDP? as it seems to handle only 
single bytes.
So my question how to send a -1.1 over UDP?
g.

PSPunch schrieb:
> 
> Hi Martin,
> 
> 
> Thank you for your response.
> 
> I am attaching the patch used to produce the following results.
> 
> This was tested on
> Pd version 0.41.4-extended,
> running on WinXP SP3.
> 
> 
> The OSC data were sent by GlovePIE running the following code.
> 
> -------
> SendOSC("127.0.0.1", 9997, "/test", 0)
> wait 1 second
> SendOSC("127.0.0.1", 9997, "/test", 1.5)
> wait 1 second
> SendOSC("127.0.0.1", 9997, "/test", -1)
> wait 1 second
> -------
> 
> 
> 
> 
> I was expecting [routeOSC] to output 0, 1.5, -1.
> 
> 
> --- Output ---
> 
> raw: 47 116 101 115 116 0 0 0 44 105 0 0 0 0 0 0
> unpacked: /test 0
> routed: 0
> 
> raw: 47 116 101 115 116 0 0 0 44 102 0 0 63 63 0 0
> unpacked: /test 0.746094
> routed: 0.746094
> 
> raw: 47 116 101 115 116 0 0 0 44 105 0 0 63 63 63 63
> unpacked: /test 1.06111e+009
> routed: 1.06111e+009
> 
> 
> 
> Thank you again for your help.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

Frank Barknecht | 1 Feb 11:11 2010

Re: [instance] and dynamic object creation

Hallo,
Marco Donnarumma hat gesagt: // Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> (I think) I found a weird behaviour with the dynamic creation of objects and
> the [instance] abstraction.
> It looks like when you create an object - which includes [instance] - with
> the message [; pd-mypatch.pd obj 10 10 myobject(  there is no loadbang
> triggering [instance].
> Example attached.
> Any hint and/or workaround?

This is by design, check the archives for reasons. 

If you want a loadbang, you can send a message "loadbang" to "pd-mypatch",
i.e.: 

[; 
pd-mypatch.pd obj 10 10 myobject;
pd-mypatch.pd loadbang(

Ciao
--

-- 
Frank

_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

IOhannes m zmoelnig | 1 Feb 11:36 2010
Picon

Re: Floats and negative numbers over OSC

Georg Werner wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> i tried your patch on winxp just with udpsend and had the same problems:
> error: udpsend_send: item 0 (-1.000000) is not between 0 and 255
> error: udpsend_send: item 0 (1.100000) is not an integer
> so maybe the problem is not OSC but UDP? as it seems to handle only
> single bytes.
> So my question how to send a -1.1 over UDP?
> g.

haven't looked at the patch, but there are two possible reasons for this:
- somebody (the patch?) is injecting non-byte-values into the data to
udpsend. udpsend takes a list of bytes, not a Pd message. this means:
you cannot just send the message "/test -1" to udpsend, you need an
object inbetween that translates the message "/test -1" into a binary
format. [packOSC] is one such object which will translate the given
message into a list of bytes "47 116 101 115 116 0 0 0 44 105 0 0 255
255 255 255" (all atoms are floats and the values are integer and
between [0, 255]).
 [udpsend] is NOT a drop-in replacement for [netsend 1]!

- very old(!) versions of [udpsend] (or was it [udpreceive]?) had a
problem with signed/unsignedness, resulting in "255" (binary 11111111 in
unsigned)  being interpreted as "-1" (binary 11111111 in signed). if
this is the case, you have to upgrade udpsend/receive (e.g. install a
newer stable release of Pd-extended)

gfmasdr
IOhannes
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 4915 bytes
_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
Chris McCormick | 1 Feb 13:29 2010

Podcast containing many Pd patches

Hi,

I found this podcast produced by RjDj-dude Rob to be really fascinating, and it
kind of blows me away that most of the sound in this was generated by Pd
patches.

<http://www.dizzybanjo.com/RjDjpodcast01.mp3>

Chris.

Disclosure: I do contract work for RjDj, but they didn't ask me to post about
this.

-------------------
http://mccormick.cx

_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

Georg Werner | 1 Feb 13:42 2010
Picon

Re: Floats and negative numbers over OSC

hi,

thanks a lot - that made it clear to me.
g.

IOhannes m zmoelnig schrieb:
> Georg Werner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i tried your patch on winxp just with udpsend and had the same problems:
>> error: udpsend_send: item 0 (-1.000000) is not between 0 and 255
>> error: udpsend_send: item 0 (1.100000) is not an integer
>> so maybe the problem is not OSC but UDP? as it seems to handle only
>> single bytes.
>> So my question how to send a -1.1 over UDP?
>> g.
> 
> haven't looked at the patch, but there are two possible reasons for this:
> - somebody (the patch?) is injecting non-byte-values into the data to
> udpsend. udpsend takes a list of bytes, not a Pd message. this means:
> you cannot just send the message "/test -1" to udpsend, you need an
> object inbetween that translates the message "/test -1" into a binary
> format. [packOSC] is one such object which will translate the given
> message into a list of bytes "47 116 101 115 116 0 0 0 44 105 0 0 255
> 255 255 255" (all atoms are floats and the values are integer and
> between [0, 255]).
>  [udpsend] is NOT a drop-in replacement for [netsend 1]!
> 
> - very old(!) versions of [udpsend] (or was it [udpreceive]?) had a
> problem with signed/unsignedness, resulting in "255" (binary 11111111 in
> unsigned)  being interpreted as "-1" (binary 11111111 in signed). if
> this is the case, you have to upgrade udpsend/receive (e.g. install a
> newer stable release of Pd-extended)
> 
> 
> gfmasdr
> IOhannes

_______________________________________________
Pd-list <at> iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list


Gmane