Chris McCormick | 11 Apr 12:08 2003

[PD] [GEM] .obj files

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else uses blender 3d to create models, and if so how do you turn them into .obj files
to import into GEM?

Chris.
_________________________________
chris <at> mccormick.cx
http://www.mccormick.cx
http://www.sciencegirlrecords.com
CK | 11 Apr 13:04 2003

Re: [PD] [GEM] .obj files

hi,

I read:
> Hi,
> and if so how do you turn them into .obj files to import into GEM?

I have not tetsted this but you can try :
-> http://vmx.cx/blender/python/objexp.py

HTH

x

--

-- 
chris <at> lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)
Yves Degoyon | 11 Apr 14:37 2003
Picon

[PD] [Fwd: Re: pidip won't run]


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: pidip won't run
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:32:27 +0200
From: Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>
To: lluis gomez i bigorda <lgomez <at> pangea.org>
CC: pd-list <at> iem.atAfegir, a <at> pangea.org, contactes <at> pangea.org
References: <1050058765.3e96a00d696c9 <at> fax.pangea.org>

hi,

this error is because aalib is compiled with slang support
and the library is not installed or in the wrong place,
so the aalib -> slang dependency is broken,
i dunno on which system but this seems to be the case on Debian.

in the worst case, recompile slang and aalib from sources.

cheers,

sevy

lluis gomez i bigorda wrote:

 >hello all ;)
 >
 >ok, i have pd, gem, pdp installed and working ... i need to compile 
pidip in
 >order to use gem2pdp bridge....
 >
(Continue reading)

m | 11 Apr 15:06 2003
Picon
Picon

Re: Driver for HDSP 9652

Peter Lunden <plu <at> tii.se> wrote:

> Is there anybody who out there who got the RME HDSP 9652 running on 
> Linux? There are rumers that there exists a patch to the ALSA HDSP 
> driver for HDSP 9652, where could we find it?

yep but actually I don't know the current state of affairs. if it already made it into the alsa cvs version or
not. or if there are any newer patches. I suggest you browse the alsa-dev mailinglist archives.

if nothing mor recent happend, there is the patch:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net/msg06891.html

and the patch for the patch
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net/msg06950.html

and the firmware files:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net/msg06888.html

hope that helps,
m
Yves Degoyon | 11 Apr 16:18 2003
Picon

Re: [Fwd: Re: pidip won't run]



stotz wrote:
hi,

unfortunately this doesn't help:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from /home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavformat/avformat.h:8,
from pdp_ffmpeg~.c:32:
/home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavcodec/avcodec.h:1122: warning: function
declaration isn't a prototype
pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_feed':
pdp_ffmpeg~.c:271: warning: implicit declaration of function
`av_set_parameters'
pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_process_yv12':
pdp_ffmpeg~.c:367: void value not ignored as it ought to be
make[1]: *** [pdp_ffmpeg~.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/pidip-0.11.0/modules'
make: *** [pdp_pidip_all] Error 2
that's because you need to use CVS snapshot of ffmpeg
as linked from my page.
you must be using a former one.


now i can't even recompile pidip.pd_linux because of the above error.


also on recompiling aalib there still was something missing from "slang" on
configuring, though i completely recompiled slang by hand and read the
configure script to make sure that all files are found.
yes, you can turn it off, there's no explicit use of slang in pidip.


there i found out that i could turn off "slang" for compilation of aalib.
does pidip.pd_linux NEED slang or can i leave it off ?

difficult, difficult ...

thanx for any hints

oliver



Zitat von Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>:


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: pidip won't run
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:32:27 +0200
From: Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>
To: lluis gomez i bigorda <lgomez <at> pangea.org>
CC: pd-list <at> iem.atAfegir, a <at> pangea.org, contactes <at> pangea.org
References: <1050058765.3e96a00d696c9 <at> fax.pangea.org>

hi,

this error is because aalib is compiled with slang support
and the library is not installed or in the wrong place,
so the aalib -> slang dependency is broke n,
i dunno on which system but this seems to be the case on Debian.

in the worst case, recompile slang and aalib from sources.

cheers,

sevy

lluis gomez i bigorda wrote:

>hello all ;)
>
>ok, i have pd, gem, pdp installed and working ... i need to compile
pidip in
>order to use gem2pdp bridge....
>
>when i try to compile pidip i obtain a lot of errors cause cc1
warnings will be
>treated as errors ... if i edit the Makefile and delete the '-Werrors'
i can
>compile it but then i have:
>
>/home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: /home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: slang_d
>pidip: can't load library
>
>can anybody help, please?
>

__________________________________________________________________________
> _
> (o< -! lluis gómez i bigordà
lgomez <at> pangea.org
> //\
+34.650.91.94.35
> V_/_
www.pangea.org/~lgomez

__________________________________________________________________________
>
>




_______________________________________________
PD-list mailing list
PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list





-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/



stotz | 11 Apr 18:25 2003

Re: [Fwd: Re: pidip won't run]

sorry, still no success;

i compiled all the libs you mentioned on your homepage in their latest 
cvs-versions with success and also succeeded in compiling pidip.pd_linux. i 
also installed aalib with the "no slang"-option

still the "slang" error occurs when i start pd

anybody on the list who uses pidip on Debian ?
is there anything i'm missing / don't understand ?
what file is the library looking for ?
could i fix it by hand ?

please help, i'm so curious about pidip...

oliver

Zitat von Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>:

> 
> 
> stotz wrote:
> 
> >hi,
> >
> >unfortunately this doesn't help:
> >
> >cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> >In file included from /home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavformat/avformat.h:8,
> >                 from pdp_ffmpeg~.c:32:
> >/home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavcodec/avcodec.h:1122: warning: function 
> >declaration isn't a prototype
> >pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_feed':
> >pdp_ffmpeg~.c:271: warning: implicit declaration of function 
> >`av_set_parameters'
> >pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_process_yv12':
> >pdp_ffmpeg~.c:367: void value not ignored as it ought to be
> >make[1]: *** [pdp_ffmpeg~.o] Error 1
> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/pidip-0.11.0/modules'
> >make: *** [pdp_pidip_all] Error 2
> >
> that's because you need to use CVS snapshot of ffmpeg
> as linked from my page.
> you must be using a former one.
> 
> >
> >
> >now i can't even recompile pidip.pd_linux because of the above error.
> >
> >
> >also on recompiling aalib there still was something missing from "slang" 
on
> 
> >configuring, though i completely recompiled slang by hand and read the 
> >configure script to make sure that all files are found.
> >
> yes, you can turn it off, there's no explicit use of slang in pidip.
> 
> >
> >
> >there i found out that i could turn off "slang" for compilation of aalib.
> >does pidip.pd_linux NEED slang or can i leave it off ?
> >
> >difficult, difficult ...
> >
> >thanx for any hints
> >
> >oliver
> >
> >
> >
> >Zitat von Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>:
> >
> >>
> >>-------- Original Message --------
> >>Subject: Re: pidip won't run
> >>Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:32:27 +0200
> >>From: Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>
> >>To: lluis gomez i bigorda <lgomez <at> pangea.org>
> >>CC: pd-list <at> iem.atAfegir, a <at> pangea.org, contactes <at> pangea.org
> >>References: <1050058765.3e96a00d696c9 <at> fax.pangea.org>
> >>
> >>hi,
> >>
> >>this error is because aalib is compiled with slang support
> >>and the library is not installed or in the wrong place,
> >>so the aalib -> slang dependency is broken,
> >>i dunno on which system but this seems to be the case on Debian.
> >>
> >>in the worst case, recompile slang and aalib from sources.
> >>
> >>cheers,
> >>
> >>sevy
> >>
> >>lluis gomez i bigorda wrote:
> >>
> >> >hello all ;)
> >> >
> >> >ok, i have pd, gem, pdp installed and working ... i need to compile 
> >>pidip in
> >> >order to use gem2pdp bridge....
> >> >
> >> >when i try to compile pidip i obtain a lot of errors cause cc1 
> >>warnings will be
> >> >treated as errors ... if i edit the Makefile and delete the 
'-Werrors' 
> >>i can
> >> >compile it but then i have:
> >> >
> >> >/home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: /home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: undefined 
> >>symbol: slang_d
> >> >pidip: can't load library
> >> >
> >> >can anybody help, please?
> >> >
> >> 
> 
>>__________________________________________________________________________
> >> >  _
> >> > (o< -! lluis gómez i bigordà 
> >>lgomez <at> pangea.org
> >> > //\                                                      
> >>
> >+34.650.91.94.35
> >
> >> > V_/_                                               
> >>
> >www.pangea.org/~lgomez
> >
> >> 
> 
>>__________________________________________________________________________
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>_______________________________________________
> >>PD-list mailing list
> >>PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
> >>http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/
> >
> >
> 
> 

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/
Yves Degoyon | 11 Apr 18:50 2003
Picon

Re: [Fwd: Re: pidip won't run]

did you remove previous aalib ??

in case it doesn't work, just comment
pdp_aa and AALIB flags in the makefile,
you'll still have pdp_ascii which does ascii rendering too.

stotz wrote:
sorry, still no success;

i compiled all the libs you mentioned on your homepage in their latest
cvs-versions with success and also succeeded in compiling pidip.pd_linux. i
also installed aalib with the "no slang"-option

still the "slang" error occurs when i start pd

anybody on the list who uses pidip on Debian ?
is there anything i'm missing / don't understand ?
what file is the library looking for ?
could i fix it by hand ?

please help, i'm so curious about pidip...

oliver


Zitat von Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>:


stotz wrote:

hi,

unfortunately this doesn't help:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from /home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavformat/avformat.h:8,
from pdp_ffmpeg~.c:32:
/home/oliver/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavcodec/avcodec.h:1122: warning: function
declaration isn't a prototype
pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_feed':
pdp_ffmpeg~.c:271: warning: implicit declaration of function
`av_set_parameters'
pdp_ffmpeg~.c: In function `pdp_ffmpeg_process_yv12':
pdp_ffmpeg~.c:367: void value not ignored as it ought to be
make[1]: *** [pdp_ffmpeg~.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/pidip-0.11.0/modules'
make: *** [pdp_pidip_all] Error 2

that's because you need to use CVS snapshot of ffmpeg
as linked from my page.
you must be using a former one.


now i can't even recompile pidip.pd_linux because of the above error.


also on recompiling aalib there still was something missing from "slang"
on
configuring, though i completely recompiled slang by hand and read the
configure script to make sure that all files are found.

yes, you can turn it off, there's no explicit use of slang in pidip.


there i found out that i could turn off "slang" for compilation of aalib.
does pidip.pd_linux NEED slang or can i leave it off ?

difficult, difficult ...

thanx for any hints

oliver



Zitat von Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: pidip won't run
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:32:27 +0200
From: Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon <at> free.fr>
To: lluis gomez i bigorda <lgomez <at> pangea.org>
CC: pd-list <at> iem.atAfegir, a <at> pangea.org, contactes <at> pangea.org
References: <1050058765.3e96a00d696c9 <at> fax.pangea.org>

hi,

this error is because aalib is compiled with slang support
and the library is not installed or in the wrong place,
so the aalib -> slang dependency is b roken,
i dunno on which system but this seems to be the case on Debian.

in the worst case, recompile slang and aalib from sources.

cheers,

sevy

lluis gomez i bigorda wrote:

hello all ;)

ok, i have pd, gem, pdp installed and working ... i need to compile
pidip in
order to use gem2pdp bridge....

when i try to compile pidip i obtain a lot of errors cause cc1
warnings will be
treated as errors ... if i edit the Makefile and delete the
'-Werrors'
i can
compile it but then i have:

/home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: /home/lgomez/pidip.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: slang_d
pidip: can't load library

can anybody help, please?

__________________________________________________________________________
_
(o< -! lluis gómez i bigordà
lgomez <at> pangea.org
//\
+34.650.91.94.35

V_/_
www.pangea.org/~lgomez

__________________________________________________________________________




_______________________________________________
PD-list mailing list
PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list




-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/







-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

_______________________________________________
PD-list mailing list
PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list



Marcus Estes | 11 Apr 21:41 2003

Using the Midiman Duo

I'm using pd v. 0.36 with Win2k, and I'm having trouble getting pd to recognize my Midiman Duo (an external soundcard).

The drivers are installed and recognized by other audio applications (Reason, Reaktor, etc.), but when I
run pd with the -listdev flag, I don't see the soundcard listed.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks,
   ---Marcus
Josh Steiner | 11 Apr 21:47 2003

Re: Using the Midiman Duo

you probably hve the duo set to use its nice low lateny ASIO drivers... 
to get pd to see it you need to add the -asio flag too, ie "pd -asio 
-listdev"

good luck,

-josh

Marcus Estes wrote:

>I'm using pd v. 0.36 with Win2k, and I'm having trouble getting pd to recognize my Midiman Duo (an external soundcard).
>
>The drivers are installed and recognized by other audio applications (Reason, Reaktor, etc.), but when I
run pd with the -listdev flag, I don't see the soundcard listed.
>
>Any ideas on what I should do?
>
>Thanks,
>   ---Marcus
>
>_______________________________________________
>PD-list mailing list
>PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
>http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list
>  
>

--

-- 
____________________________________________________
independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com
Patrick Pagano | 12 Apr 00:37 2003
Picon

Re: Random thingee


Thanks Pall and dev
i will give it a go

cheers~

Pat

Pall Thayer wrote:

>Hi Pat, use route;
>
>[random 5] 0 - 5
>|
>|
>[route 0 1]
>|       |       |
>|       |       |
>0      1     everything else
>
>[random 5] will generate random numbers in the range 0 - 5. [route 0 1] will
>output 0 to the first outlet, 1 to the second outlet and everything else
>goes out the third outlet.
>
>Pall
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Patrick Pagano" <bigswift <at> ufl.edu>
>To: "PD List" <pd-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at>
>Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 2:50 AM
>Subject: [PD] Random thingee
>
>
>  
>
>>>hi folks
>>>
>>>i am needing some basic random type help.
>>>
>>>I would like to have a random pick between 4 or five numbers and bang
>>>when it hits certain numbers
>>>
>>>for example
>>>
>>>0 = bang 1
>>>1= bang 2
>>>
>>>which would trig different routines
>>>
>>>how can i efficiently implement this?
>>>
>>>
>>>cheers~
>>>
>>>PAt
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>PD-list mailing list
>>PD-list <at> iem.kug.ac.at
>>http://iem.kug.ac.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pd-list
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>  
>

Gmane