Oliver Putz | 2 Feb 20:57 2003
Picon

Re: security

tommartin <at> bbnp.com wrote:
> I am a newby to Mozilla, and I cannot find out what kind of encryption
> my Mozilla Browser uses, I used to us Netscrape, but am tired of all the 
>  errors etc.etc.
> 
> I want to use mozilla for my banking on line, etc. but am afraid to do 
> so, because I dont know if I have 128 bit encryption.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Tom
> 

Just double Click on the symbol in the lower left of your browser. Then 
it should tell you which encryption is used at the moment.
But to ensure you Mozilla uses 128bit encryption.

Give Away Club Promos | 5 Feb 15:44 2003

www.giveawayclub.com 42" Plasma $500 , Double your money

http://www.giveawayclub.com/cds.htm

                 They have Sony plasma for $500 , playstation for $50
                 and Sony Notebooks for $500
                 They also have a double and even triple your money
                 program.

                 http://www.giveawayclub.com/cds.htm

                 Any Questions? email us promo <at> giveawayclub.com
                 thanks

Devon Miller | 7 Feb 00:54 2003

Bugzilla privacy issue?

I just got spammed today.  Yeah, I know, so what.  Well what made this 
spam interesting was this:

#1) it came to a new address that has not gotten any spam so far. This 
is an email address that I give out very sparingly.

#2) while the bulk of the message is unreadable to me 
(charset="ks_c_5601-1987") the following phrase came through quite clearly:
	(http://bugzilla.mozilla.org)

Is there something that can be done to prevent spammers from scraping 
email addresses from bugzille?

Devon

Michael Lefevre | 7 Feb 12:35 2003

Re: Bugzilla privacy issue?

In article <b1us6r$4ju2 <at> ripley.netscape.com>, Devon Miller wrote:
> I just got spammed today.  Yeah, I know, so what.  Well what made this 
> spam interesting was this:
> 
> #1) it came to a new address that has not gotten any spam so far. This 
> is an email address that I give out very sparingly.
> 
> #2) while the bulk of the message is unreadable to me 
> (charset="ks_c_5601-1987") the following phrase came through quite clearly:
> 	(http://bugzilla.mozilla.org)

yeah, you'll probably be getting more of that.

> Is there something that can be done to prevent spammers from scraping 
> email addresses from bugzille?

there are a number of suggestions filed in bugzilla (against the bugzilla
product) which would help. however, like many of these things, it'll take
some work to implement, especially if it is to be done without a big
impact on the legitimate uses of email addresses in bugzilla pages.

--

-- 
Michael

Mitchell Stoltz | 7 Feb 23:16 2003
Picon

Re: Bugzilla privacy issue?

It's a tough problem. I recommend using an alternate email account (like 
a free webmail account) for your Bugzilla login.

Mozilla 1.3a and on have pretty decent Bayesian spam filtering in the 
mail client.
      -Mitch

Michael Lefevre wrote:

>>Is there something that can be done to prevent spammers from scraping 
>>email addresses from bugzille?
> 
> 
> there are a number of suggestions filed in bugzilla (against the bugzilla
> product) which would help. however, like many of these things, it'll take
> some work to implement, especially if it is to be done without a big
> impact on the legitimate uses of email addresses in bugzilla pages.
> 

Edward A. Feustel | 8 Feb 19:19 2003
Picon

Redirection to https urls stalls mozilla. How to fix?

Almost always when I go to a secure site with mozilla via redirection,
Mozilla stops cold. I have looked at my security settings and do not see
any that will prevent me from redirecting. Please help me find and fix this
problem.

Thanks.
Edward Feustel

Luca T. | 9 Feb 20:36 2003

PGP?

Where can i download a PGP plugin for Mozilla?
If NAI-PGP is not available... can i download somewhere a GPG plugin (or 
anything PGP compatible)?

Thank you,
   Luca

Michael Lefevre | 9 Feb 20:50 2003

Re: PGP?

In article <b26ak8$196kbt$1 <at> ID-99001.news.dfncis.de>, Luca T. wrote:
> Where can i download a PGP plugin for Mozilla?

http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
--

-- 
Michael

Luca T. | 10 Feb 12:22 2003

Re: PGP?

Michael Lefevre wrote:
>>Where can i download a PGP plugin for Mozilla?
> 
> 
> http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

Thank you, i installed it with GPG and it works just perfect (better 
than the NAI plugin for OE [imho])!!!

Bye,
   Luca

Axel Hecht | 10 Feb 23:26 2003

Re: permission on database.GetDataSources() for remote scripts

Raphael Bauduin wrote:
> Following the XUL tutorial on xulplanet, I try this code:
> 
> tree=document.getElementById('my-tree');
> source=tree.database.GetDataSources();
> 
> and get this error:
> 
> Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to create wrapper for object 
> 
> The XUL and RDF I use are generated with PHP. Thus they are not local
> scripts and difficult to sign (generated dynamicaly). How could I be able
> to use the former code? 
> 
> Thanks for your help....
> 
> Raph

Hi Raph,

there is currently no way other than to do
netscape.security.enablePriviledge(...) (Hrm. not sure about the 
spelling, a search on mozilla.org should give you good pages.)
That needs a pref to be set, otherwise Mozilla won't even ask.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/per-file.html
shows examples on how to do that,
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/ConfigPolicy.html
has more.

And then there's http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=122846
(Continue reading)


Gmane