Picon

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Gus Richter wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>> The Real Bev wrote:
>>>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> squaredancer wrote:
>>>>>> hi Bev!  you been on vacation, sick, hospital or someplace without 
>>>>>> electricity?? haven't seen you for a long time now!
>>>>> Hmmmm?
>>>>> <http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org/main2.php>
>>>> I didn't look like that even when I might have been expected to!  So 
>>>> which of you guys has signed up?
>>> Actually, I'm not in the UK and don't have Virgin Media as my ISP.
>>> On the other hand, I believe that most ISPs are either doing the same 
>>> or are looking at this.
>>>
>> no, now they're into throttling, for example:
>>
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=c5fb15b5-d012-4cee-819b-ef95556ac78c&k=85066&p=1 
> 
> Exactly. "Throttling" is the term to use. You pay for something, but 
> they throttle you depending on time of day, what they believe your use 
> may be, and other reasons they come up with. All this in order to save 
> their bandwidth and limit their expense by limiting their need to 
> increase their capacity. It means nothing that your return in paid-for 
> performance is diminished. Your article points out that Bell Canada, the 
> "backbone provider" has this policy in place and the ISPs are upset at 
> Ma-Bell for this practice, presumably because it upsets their throttling 
> in place or planned.
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Where is my question?

Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>
>>> FACT:
>>>       Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>> FACT:
>>>       If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, 
>>> after all they are banned
>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as 
>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been 
>> removed.
> 
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
> 
> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a 
> means to an end.

no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague.  "You" is too vague and 
it hasn't been defined on what "you" refers to.  And it 
wouldn't hold up in any court of law either. So you, being 
the Mozilla Bully, has turned this into your own personal 
grudge.

And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my 
posting:

news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6VcdUZojVnZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d <at> mozilla.org
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Where is my question?

»Q« wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> »Q« wrote:
>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo  
>>> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo <at> gmail.com> wrote:  
>>>      
>>>> I guess you're too stupid, and didn't read my posting.  Last 
>>>> paragraph at:
>>>>
>>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6VcdUZojVnZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d <at> mozilla.org
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258  
>>> Not only have I read it, I've given you several helpful tips on how
>>> to get what you want.  Another one is to stop insulting people --
>>> that also would make them less likely to post the articles you're
>>> trying to netcop.
>> do you have a reading or learning problem?  
> 
> Nope.
> 
> Not only that, but also I can recognize irony most of the time.
> 
>> Read the last paragraph:
> 
> As I just pointed out, I've read it and I've tried to help you with
> it.  I don't have any new tips to help you, but you haven't tried even
> one of the several I've given so far.
> 
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6VcdUZojVnZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d <at> mozilla.org
(Continue reading)

Daniel | 1 May 02:27 2008
Picon

Re: Ping-Joe: not a moderator

Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 30.04.2008 10:48, »Q« wrote:

<snip>

> At any rate, it's going to remain secnews on port 563 as long as AOL
> will maintain the server.
> 

One wonders if AOL's loss of the Cert is one way for AOL to "lose" the 
server, therefore not have to maintain it??

Daniel
]
Daniel | 1 May 02:30 2008
Picon

Re: OT Ping-Phillip was Re: Ping-Joe: not a moderator

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>>
>> Phillip, in your sig block, it shows, in part, as:-
>>
>> Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
>>
>> Do you really have 1.67 Gb of RAM (seems an odd amount!) or should it 
>> read 1.67 GHz??
>>
>> Daniel
> 
> Your correct should be 2 GB Ram a nd 1.67 GHZ speed I'll have to correct 
> need to update it anyway its OSX4.11 on the PowerBook
> 

I've noticed you've changed it ...... and, just to be really picky, it's 
GHz not GHZ.

Daniel
Gus Richter | 1 May 02:34 2008
Picon

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Gus Richter wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>>> The Real Bev wrote:
>>>>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> squaredancer wrote:
>>>>>>> hi Bev!  you been on vacation, sick, hospital or someplace 
>>>>>>> without electricity?? haven't seen you for a long time now!
>>>>>> Hmmmm?
>>>>>> <http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org/main2.php>
>>>>> I didn't look like that even when I might have been expected to!  
>>>>> So which of you guys has signed up?
>>>> Actually, I'm not in the UK and don't have Virgin Media as my ISP.
>>>> On the other hand, I believe that most ISPs are either doing the 
>>>> same or are looking at this.
>>>>
>>> no, now they're into throttling, for example:
>>>
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=c5fb15b5-d012-4cee-819b-ef95556ac78c&k=85066&p=1 
>>
>>
>> Exactly. "Throttling" is the term to use. You pay for something, but 
>> they throttle you depending on time of day, what they believe your use 
>> may be, and other reasons they come up with. All this in order to save 
>> their bandwidth and limit their expense by limiting their need to 
>> increase their capacity. It means nothing that your return in paid-for 
>> performance is diminished. Your article points out that Bell Canada, 
>> the "backbone provider" has this policy in place and the ISPs are 
(Continue reading)

Irwin Greenwald | 1 May 02:41 2008

Re: Where is my question?

  On 4/30/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague.  "You" is too vague and it hasn't
> been defined on what "you" refers to.  And it wouldn't hold up in any
> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
> into your own personal grudge.

It all depends on the meaning of "is"!

--

-- 
Irwin

Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
Moz Champion (Dan | 1 May 02:46 2008
Picon

Re: Where is my question?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>>
>>>> FACT:
>>>>       Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>>> FACT:
>>>>       If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, 
>>>> after all they are banned
>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as 
>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been 
>>> removed.
>>
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187> 
>>
>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>>
>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just 
>> a means to an end.
> 
> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague.  "You" is too vague and it hasn't 
> been defined on what "you" refers to.  And it wouldn't hold up in any 
> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this 
> into your own personal grudge.
> 
> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
> 
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6VcdUZojVnZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d <at> mozilla.org
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Gus Richter wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>> The Real Bev wrote:
>>>>>> Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> squaredancer wrote:
>>>>>>>> hi Bev!  you been on vacation, sick, hospital or someplace 
>>>>>>>> without electricity?? haven't seen you for a long time now!
>>>>>>> Hmmmm?
>>>>>>> <http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org/main2.php>
>>>>>> I didn't look like that even when I might have been expected to!  
>>>>>> So which of you guys has signed up?
>>>>> Actually, I'm not in the UK and don't have Virgin Media as my ISP.
>>>>> On the other hand, I believe that most ISPs are either doing the 
>>>>> same or are looking at this.
>>>>>
>>>> no, now they're into throttling, for example:
>>>>
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=c5fb15b5-d012-4cee-819b-ef95556ac78c&k=85066&p=1 
>>>
>>> Exactly. "Throttling" is the term to use. You pay for something, but 
>>> they throttle you depending on time of day, what they believe your use 
>>> may be, and other reasons they come up with. All this in order to save 
>>> their bandwidth and limit their expense by limiting their need to 
>>> increase their capacity. It means nothing that your return in paid-for 
>>> performance is diminished. Your article points out that Bell Canada, 
>>> the "backbone provider" has this policy in place and the ISPs are 
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: Where is my question?

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> FACT:
>>>>>       Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>>>> FACT:
>>>>>       If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, 
>>>>> after all they are banned
>>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as 
>>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been 
>>>> removed.
>>> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187> 
>>>
>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>>>
>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just 
>>> a means to an end.
>> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague.  "You" is too vague and it hasn't 
>> been defined on what "you" refers to.  And it wouldn't hold up in any 
>> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this 
>> into your own personal grudge.
>>
>> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
>>
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6VcdUZojVnZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d <at> mozilla.org
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
>>
(Continue reading)


Gmane