Christopher V. Kimball | 1 Aug 01:01 2004
Picon

HTML INPUT tag inoperative after reload.

  The following tag works properly on IE and on the initial load of the
FireFox browser.  If the xml file is reloaded on FireFox, the typed input is
NOT accepted, that is printed in the box, even though the text cursor is
blinking in the box. Reading the text field produces a blank text, but
restores the operability of the text field.  IE retains the previous
contents of the text field on reload and operates normally with this tag.

        <input type="TEXT"
style="font-weight:bold;font-family:Times;font-weight:bold;font-size:20"
            name="textfield" maxlength="30" />

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Kimball
Andrew DeFaria | 1 Aug 01:24 2004

Re: Dropdown box!

baker wrote:

> My FireFox opens to netscape.com and that is where this dropdown box 
> appears.

Your choice of using a home page of netscape.com causes that portal to 
pop up that window. It's allowed because... surprise... Netscape comes 
configured to allow netscape.com to pop up popups! You have 2 options: 
1) Use another home page or 2) remove netscape.com from the list of 
allowed sites to pop up popups.

--

-- 
How do blind people know when they are done wiping?
John A. | 1 Aug 01:35 2004

Re: Dropdown box!

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:29:48 GMT, baker <Baker8252 <at> sc.rr.com> wrote:

>Will Dormann wrote:
>> baker wrote:
>> 
>>> Will Dormann wrote:
>>>
>>>> IanSmythe wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> How can I stop the dropdown ad box that happens when Firefox .09.2 
>>>>> first opens? Thank you.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> What dropdown ad box?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The heading reads "What's New". And it does contain ads. It drops down 
>>>
>>>
>>>   every time you open FireFox.
>> 
>> 
>> It drops down every time *you* open Firefox.  Not me.
>> 
>> Where does it "drop down" from?   How does it "drop down"?    What 
>> specifically does it contain?   What is your home page?
>> 
(Continue reading)

John A. | 1 Aug 01:56 2004

Re: Dropdown box!

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:24:46 -0700, Andrew DeFaria
<Andrew <at> DeFaria.com> wrote:

>baker wrote:
>
>> My FireFox opens to netscape.com and that is where this dropdown box 
>> appears.
>
>Your choice of using a home page of netscape.com causes that portal to 
>pop up that window. It's allowed because... surprise... Netscape comes 
>configured to allow netscape.com to pop up popups! You have 2 options: 
>1) Use another home page or 2) remove netscape.com from the list of 
>allowed sites to pop up popups.

I removed them from the list long ago and still got the What's New box
when I visit that page now. It's not a pop-up per se. See my other
post.
Jackson | 1 Aug 02:13 2004

Re: Security Hole Found in PayPal Registration !

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:24:10 -0400, Neil Marshall
<neil.marshall <at> sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Neil Marshall wrote:
>> 
>>> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>>
>>>> Will Dormann wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>>> Why are spammers so pathetic at spelling?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Cause their stupid!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I hope that was intentional.    :)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Of course it was. Oh you mean the "cause" instead of "because"? I 
>>>> guess it would be more proper to do "'Cause" to show the omission of 
>>>> "be" but I thought it was a common enough slang/abbreviation to omit 
>>>> the "'".
>>>
>>>
>>> What about "their"?  they are -> they're
>> 
>> 
>> Some people sometimes make mistakes! They think one thing but type 
>> another. For example, sometimes I think "thing" but type "think". Don't 
(Continue reading)

C.Joseph Drayton | 1 Aug 03:33 2004
Picon

Re: Connection refused by 'any web page'


Hi Christopher,

The browser is set to connect directly to the Internet.

As to the firewall, he is using Norton Internet Security 2004. The system is a WinXPhe box. The firewall
appears to be set to
allow traffic.

The box is not trying to use a proxy, so I don't know what else to check.

Ciao . . . C.Joseph

That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
~     He esteems too lightly

Christopher Jahn wrote:
| Make sure that Netscape is set to use "direct connection to
| the internet".  Make sure that a firewall isn't blocking
| Netscape.

David Jameson | 1 Aug 04:19 2004

Re: Where are email settings stored for Mozilla under Windows?

Thanks - I knew about these files but I haven't been able to change anything
and see it reflected in Mozilla. That's why I wondered if there's something
else going on.

For example, as far as I can tell, the username for my main account is
stored in the prefs.js file in an entry called
      mail.server.server1.userName

but I had tried manually editing that entry and saving the file, then
starting Mozilla but Mozilla still displays the original username in the
account (and yes, I made sure Mozilla was closed before editing the
settings, etc)

Any other places to look?

Thanks,
David

"Will Dormann" <wdormann <at> yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:wqqdnRApS8-fUJbcRVn-vQ <at> comcast.com...
> David Jameson wrote:
>
> > I have no doubt that this question has been asked and answered before -
> > unfortunately it's rather difficult to phrase the search in such a way
that
> > an answer can be found through the search engines.
> >
> > I want to allow our application to be able to access and modify the
email
> > settings for Mozilla users so that they can more easily use our
(Continue reading)

David Jameson | 1 Aug 04:20 2004

Re: Where are email settings stored for Mozilla under Windows?

Never mind - I figured it out (and hit myself on the head appropriately
<grin>)  - thanks for the pointers.
Cheers,
David Jameson

"David Jameson" <david <at> digiportal.com> wrote in message
news:cehjuu$1ab2 <at> ripley.netscape.com...
> Thanks - I knew about these files but I haven't been able to change
anything
> and see it reflected in Mozilla. That's why I wondered if there's
something
> else going on.
>
> For example, as far as I can tell, the username for my main account is
> stored in the prefs.js file in an entry called
>       mail.server.server1.userName
>
> but I had tried manually editing that entry and saving the file, then
> starting Mozilla but Mozilla still displays the original username in the
> account (and yes, I made sure Mozilla was closed before editing the
> settings, etc)
>
> Any other places to look?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> "Will Dormann" <wdormann <at> yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> news:wqqdnRApS8-fUJbcRVn-vQ <at> comcast.com...
> > David Jameson wrote:
(Continue reading)

Andrew DeFaria | 1 Aug 04:59 2004

Re: Security Hole Found in PayPal Registration !

Jackson wrote:
I hardly notice misspelled words anymore but one still bugs me: seperate for separate. It's quite common, yet nobody misspells 'part' as 'pert'.
I think it often has to do with how the word it pronounced or the slang or accent of the area. Separate is often pronounced sort of like "sepurate" as opposed to "sepArate" so it's easy to think it's spelled "seperate". On the other hand I seldom hear a slang or accent that pronounces part as "purt".

Anyways, regarding my mistake of "their" for "they're" see Ode to Spell Checker.

--
(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
Christopher Jahn | 1 Aug 05:50 2004

Re: Connection refused by 'any web page'

And it came to pass that C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi Christopher,
> 
> The browser is set to connect directly to the Internet.
> 
> As to the firewall, he is using Norton Internet Security
> 2004. The system is a WinXPhe box. The firewall appears to
> be set to allow traffic.
> 
> The box is not trying to use a proxy, so I don't know what
> else to check. 
> 
> Ciao . . . C.Joseph
> 
> That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
> ~     He esteems too lightly
> 
> 
> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>| Make sure that Netscape is set to use "direct connection
>| to the internet".  Make sure that a firewall isn't
>| blocking Netscape.
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (MingW32)
> 
> iD8DBQFBDEiG6bFq6mlbLOwRAktSAJ9YacBlkwSPFiI/OlhF7b7xvjtzJwCf
> TTRK MATPWhwdl8bQYzrbvbSPihw=
>=1SXL
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Create a new profile to see if the problem persists.

--

-- 
Netscape/Mozilla FAQs:  http://www.ufaq.org
Netscape 6/7 Tips:  http://www.holgermetzger.de/net6e.html
Web page validation:  http://validator.w3.org
About Mozilla:  http://www.mozilla.org

I am always right. Except when I'm left, or bluffing. 

Gmane